Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008 | 08:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Well, look at the front O2 sensor voltage, and if the car is in closed loop. If the car will not run in closed loop, and/or the front O2 sensor voltage is either not present, or not reading right, then you will never have any short/long term fuel trims as its not going to go into closed loop operation. Other sensor problems can cause the same problem.

There is a small chance that the ROM version your using, is not appropriate for the year car too, or there were some periphery bits changed to disable one of the O2 sensors, and the front O2 sensor was disabled by mistake.
Old Mar 10, 2008 | 08:46 AM
EvoM Guru

You can start and idle the car, and if its working properly, you will get some sort of Low and Mid (long term) fuel trim value if its in a reasonable range.. It doesn't make the car run any better or be very drivable, but you can aquire fuel trims from just idling. I do that to check if injector scaling, or airflow settings are proper for modifications that have been done, before driving the car around to see what additional adjustment is necessary.

If your getting no O2 feedback value, then your not in closed loop, if your getting no front O2 voltage value, then there is a problem with either the sensor, wiring, or rom version.
Old Mar 10, 2008 | 08:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Malibu, i am not sure if this was covered in this thread but i recently adapted an EVOscan definition to mitsulogger.

EVOscan:
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Boost Error" LogReference="BoostError" RequestID="8A" Eval="0.0241*x-3.087" Unit="psi" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="-5" GaugeMax="5" ChartMin="-5" ChartMax="5" ScalingFactor="1" Notes=""/>

My adaptation for mitsulogger:
<Request LogReference="BoostError" RequestID="8A" Eval="0.0241*x-3.087" Unit="psi" Logged="y" Response="2" />

I originally had the Response byte as 1 for mitsulogger since that is what it has in the EVOscan definition but it kept crashing mitsulogger. Can you explain more about response bytes, what they do and why it would have crashed?

Thanks - Mike
Old Mar 10, 2008 | 10:09 AM
EvoM Guru

The response is the bytes returned to Mitsulogger from the Openport cable.. Generally that is 2 bytes, one byte is the Echo of the request, the second byte is the response. This is what made it so adaptable early on to allow it to handle unusual requests and responses.

If you had a request that returned 2 bytes, then the value would be 3..

the reason it would crash with a value of 1, is that would only be an echo, with no response value.. It is of no value to the logger to get a blank response. Unfortunately I never put much error handling into dealing with improper entries in the XML file, as that was a temporary thing, intended to offer compatibility with Evoscan at the time. I had always intended to store the requestID's in a different method.
Old Mar 10, 2008 | 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks MJ for the info. Let me point this out. In scan tech i am only getting .020 volt reading for the front o2 censor.

Then along with that for some reason in Mitsulogger im not getting any fuel trims readings at all.

Would this be because my car is running way to rich ?
Old Mar 10, 2008 | 11:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
The response is the bytes returned to Mitsulogger from the Openport cable.. Generally that is 2 bytes, one byte is the Echo of the request, the second byte is the response. This is what made it so adaptable early on to allow it to handle unusual requests and responses.

If you had a request that returned 2 bytes, then the value would be 3..

the reason it would crash with a value of 1, is that would only be an echo, with no response value.. It is of no value to the logger to get a blank response. Unfortunately I never put much error handling into dealing with improper entries in the XML file, as that was a temporary thing, intended to offer compatibility with Evoscan at the time. I had always intended to store the requestID's in a different method.
Thanks for the info. It took me a while to figure out that was the problem.

Any news on the new version of Mitsulogger?
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

So the newest version of ECUFlash I could get working is 1.29a and this is because I have an older Mitsubishi Tactrix cable. Will not running the newest version cause issues in the future?
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 05:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

What could you not get working with the new version of ECUflash?
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 08:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Thanks for the info. It took me a while to figure out that was the problem.

Any news on the new version of Mitsulogger?
I've suspended development until I can find a new job now that I'm settled down here in Texas. Unfortunately the aktivematrix website and mitsulogger won't be paying any of my bills.
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

jack, what's your email for paypal?
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 09:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I would contribute to development.
Old Mar 12, 2008 | 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
What could you not get working with the new version of ECUflash?
The older Tactrix Mitsubishi and Universal cables have some hardware limitation making them not compatible with any version past 1.29a. There isn't much difference with the new versions besides 3D graphing and support for new platforms. I'm just wondering if this will cause compatibility issues with certain patches that might require the newest version.
Old Mar 14, 2008 | 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

will evoscan work with a subaru WRX
Old Mar 15, 2008 | 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
jack, what's your email for paypal?
Same as my regular e-mail address..

malibujack --at-- aktivematrix.com

replace the --at-- with @

This is usually the best way to get in touch with me since I don't have the time to be on EvoM or any other forum lately.
Old Mar 16, 2008 | 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

i dont know which tactrix to buy since i may buy an is300, are they tunable with the tactrix and which cable (universal or mitsu or both will wokr?

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions