Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2008 | 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

^^ still can't get evoscan to connect. ECUFlash works fine, my innovative stuff (logworks v3.x & LM Programmer) all connect and Mistulogger works fine but EVOScan is a no go.

Kind of sucks that all the software I didn't have to pay for works fine, but the one thing I did buy (EVOScan) isn't working.
Old Oct 15, 2008 | 12:15 AM

i'm in the same boat with 2.5 not working. i put a ticket in at the help desk, they replied do a clean install...i have a good 5-6 times, with and without changing settings. They won't reply to my updates in the ticket. I have it working on my car with an XP laptop, just not on this vista.
Old Oct 15, 2008 | 07:13 AM
EvoM Guru

If mitsulogger works, but Evoscan doesnt, and your running vista (64 bit version seems to happen to me most frequently, but might also apply) Try Evoscan as an administrator.. (Rightclick the evoscan Icon and click the run as administrator)

I noticed if the application uses the COM ports instead of directly using the FTDI driver (though it happens with the FTDI driver on occasion) there may be an issue with Vista UAC preventing access to the serial port. I only noticed this recently when I was doing some development and had a hell of a time getting mitsulogger to correctly run, and noticed that I didn't launch my development environment as an administrator.
Old Oct 15, 2008 | 07:30 AM

When did EvoScan support OpenPort2.0-cable?
Old Oct 15, 2008 | 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

MJ, I'm not running Vista... I've got XP home edition.
Old Oct 17, 2008 | 03:54 PM
Veteran: Navy

Can EVOScan take multiple inputs? Say I wanted to log fuel pressure and wbO2 from two AEM sources...is that possible?
Old Oct 18, 2008 | 02:48 AM
Evolved Member

EcuFlash seems to have dropped the minimum temp for closed loop from the XML files.

Went to change it today, and gone, from v1.38 and v1.39.
Is this a goof or intentional?
Old Oct 19, 2008 | 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to read my rom and opened ecuflash and it ask me to update to the newest version.. So I did this..

now I can't use my evoscan..

I get this:

Info: Waiting for INIT Response...
Info: Initializing At 5 baud...
Info: Initialization Complete...
Info: Waiting for INIT Response...
Info: Connection successful...
Error: Unable to open COM1
The system cannot find the file specified
Info: Datalogger Ended.
Old Oct 19, 2008 | 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

from what I have read it sounds like there is a routine that must be followed to use 1.39.

2. Uninstall ECUFlash

3. Delete the OpenECU program folder (usually at C:\Program Files\OpenECU).

4. Download and reinstall the latest version of ECU Flash (1.39) - the installer will also install the latest openport drivers.

5. Once installed, connect your op2 cable and when the new hardware device pop-up window prompts to install the drivers, manually select the correct (new) drivers for the op2 cable, which are located in the ECUFlash program folder (usualy here C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\drivers\x86)

6. Connect the op2 cable to the car, and do a read (download the ROM) and it will update the firmware automatically for you if it needs to be updated.

1& 6 don't apply to you, but there is a gottcha, you have to watch out for the computer or the program when it asks about installing the drivers. The question is reversed from normal thinking(?)

I have not updated programs so I can't tell you with certitude. One reason being, I don't want to worry about 1.39 not working with the old cables, I assume it does.
Old Oct 19, 2008 | 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

i uninstalled both, uninstalled all the taxtrix stuff i had on my programs...

i installed ecuflash, then reinstalled my evoscan 2.0 that i was running fine before and it still not working..

i'm getting initialization timed out, turn off and on ignition... tried a few times and said **** it..

any other ideas.
Old Oct 19, 2008 | 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

is Com1 the port the Tactrix cable is on?
Old Oct 19, 2008 | 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
is Com1 the port the Tactrix cable is on?
it actually shows in control panel that the cable is on com 7..

is there a way to change it if need be?
Old Oct 21, 2008 | 11:47 PM

noob question?
Can i get rid off the CEL on my dash board with the openecu or evoscan software? I know that i can get rid the CEL period on subaru. But i never deal with the EVO software stuff before. The guy that tune the car said that he can't clear the CEL for me.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 30, 2008 | 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
it actually shows in control panel that the cable is on com 7..

is there a way to change it if need be?
OK. This may vary depending on what operating system your using. I'm using windows XP.

Start>control panel>Switch to classic view(so you can see the next step)>administrative tools>computer management>device manager>in the right side box select ports>right click communications port>properties>port settings tab>advaced>then finally com port number........It's a whole lot easier then it seems I swear. There's probably a shorter way to do it but, this is the way I know.
Old Nov 3, 2008 | 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Still want to know about the BLUE TEXT in the ecuflash menu, what it means and how to fix it.

I now have an issue with ecuflash:
It wont read the ecu.
If the current rom image is loaded into ecuflash, and a compare initiated, it does it ie it does read the ecu.
Ecuflash will load rom file to ecu.

This is kinda weird, So I un-installed ecuflash v1.38, deleted the openecu folders, -installed ecuflash v1.40. No improvement. Repeated the process, no change.

Launched Mitsulogger v1.6, reads ecu and logs data.

Ideas on the no-read ecuflash bit?
Also, when requesting the ecu read, the selection window pops-up, but its empty, no text to select what ecu.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions