Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009 | 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Anybody having trouble using Tehpra's 1byte load and logging 1byte load in Evoscan v2.6beta8? I can log 1byte load fine, but evoscan will not let me use it for maptrace!!!
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

What options should I have selected for correct/fastest logging? I have USB cable and Mitsubishi selected and that gives fast logging during cruise, but during a pull, I get a sample every 400-500 rpm's. I have v5.10 and 1 byte definition in the evoscan data.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Evoscan Power data

What items do you log to make a nice power/torque graph?
In which gear/gears you run?
Old Apr 10, 2009 | 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Evoscan 1.3 Cable Error

Hi Guys,

Please help me with this issue.

I know that this is not the first time when you hear about this but I was not able to find a solution.

This is the error that I had

I add full permissions in Vista

I try Evoscan 2.5 and Evoscan @.6 beta 8.....but same result.

I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit

Did I miss something?

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks

Info: initialize vehicle ECU
info: initializing at 5 baud
Info: inialization complete
Info:waiting for INIT response...
Error: No Response from Vehicle ECU
Info: datalogger ended
Old Apr 11, 2009 | 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Make sure you have the open port drivers installed! And have it selected in the USB device menu under the logging drop down menu.
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 01:40 AM
PPM

I have several issues with ECU Flash, and one of those issues actually made Evo Scan 2.6 stop working completely. I had to uninstall both programs, make sure you have the email with your Evo Scan key or have it stored somewhere besides that directory since it gets deleted, then uninstall the follow programs

3 Windows Drive Packages all by Tactrix. 2 are regular driver packages and one is (usbser) Ports. I also had to go into the registry and remove this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tactrix

I then deleted all directories associated with both programs, not sure if this is necessary since it is more than likely just a driver issue and not program (application issue).

Then re-install ECU Flash

EcuFlash
Version 1.41.2483
2009/01/29 10:55:59 (c) 2004-2008 Tactrix

Then run that one time to make sure the drivers are installed properly you will have to install even though you will get a not certified to work with Windows Vista warning (2 actually) during the install. After that re-install Evo Scan I personally run version 2.5 it is definitely stable on Vista 32 bit that is what I am running.

Hope this helps, it was the only way I was able to get mine working again. I will note that I can't read my ECU in ECU Flash, I could before but not any longer and still haven't figured that out. I can however write and compare. That is actually fine with me since I have another Windows XP laptop that I can use, I just prefer my Vista, and I don't find myself reading my ECU that often, just do a compare of the flash you have on, then install your new flash and compare with that file. Any issues I get my other laptop. This is just my personal one that I keep in my car, I don't want to lose my work laptop....

Anyway PM me if you are still having problems. If you aren't comfortable working in the registry I can give you a *.reg file that will do it for you.

Best regards,

Phil
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

i am having a big problem with evoscan right now. I have version .99 and it will just not log at all period. As soon as i press start logging it emmediately stops and gives me an error about a string to the integer. anyone have any advice?
Old Apr 17, 2009 | 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

So ever since I installed my bigger injectors for some reason my logs are about a quarter the usual data log size, before they were about 30-40kb and now they are 8kb.

Im wondering if thats also why my DLL power graphs just instantly fall off when butt dyno doesn't see the same thing at all.

Ideas?
Old Apr 17, 2009 | 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
So ever since I installed my bigger injectors for some reason my logs are about a quarter the usual data log size, before they were about 30-40kb and now they are 8kb.

Im wondering if thats also why my DLL power graphs just instantly fall off when butt dyno doesn't see the same thing at all.

Ideas?

same here , also mine doesnt log for all intervals lot of delay...
Old Apr 18, 2009 | 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Somehow I did this working

But not with Evoscan 1,3 cable

I use Tactrix now Openport 2.0 for Evoscan and Ecuflash also.

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2009 | 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

So what's going on with me is

Ecuflash works...I can write, load etc etc.

Evoscan wont do crap...It will initialize the logging sequence with no errors, but it wont log anything. I'll check the saved log file and everything will be 0.

I have vista 64bit, I installed v2.6betta so it will read lame *** vista. But something about pathways not being found for that. So either way on both versions I get nothing.
and yes everything that needs to be checked under logging is checked.

EDIT::: Nevermind, got it working

Last edited by SpyderBite; Apr 21, 2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2009 | 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikespike2
When I connect Mitsulogger before starting the car my coolant temp is: -54.439

Is the coolant formula not correct? After warming up it is reading 179.35.

I'm not sure what the units are.
The reading is in Fahrenheit. Mine typically holds around 195-189 when warm.
Old Apr 29, 2009 | 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

2 graphing issues with Evoscan:

When I graph a log, stuff doesn't seem to match up. Say I mouse over the 6500RPM point of an acceleration pull, the Wideband AFR will say something like 13:1 AFR (which I know is wrong since we have a wideband gauge in the car), but when I look at the log in Excel it is where I want/expect it at say 12.2:1. It's like there is a timing issue when Evoscan graphs stuff. It also looks like, on the graph, the Wideband AFR bounces around a lot more than it does looking at it in Excel.

Also, with the HP / torque calculation, it seems to me like the RPM is off about 800-1000rpm's. There are basically 3 things that lead me to this conclusion. 1st, the HP/torque numbers cross at 6 grand (yes I've heard that part from others on here too); 2nd, the torque peak is at like 5 grand where I know it should be around 4000-4200 or so; and 3rd, peak hp will say like 6500, when I think it should be around 5600-5700 (going by dynojet numbers). It seems like the difference in the peak HP vs torque numbers is about right. I think numbers are fairly accurate as long as I subtract around 800 rpms at any point I look at. (although a little high, maybe more like crank hp than awhp).

Last edited by jrohner; Apr 29, 2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2009 | 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Another thing:

When I'm in 'Hybrid' mode to log a 2G DSM, Evoscan disconnects quite often, and it seems random -- sometimes it stays connected for 5 minues, and sometimes it disconnects every couple seconds like 10 times in a row.

If I plug in the other USB cable going to the Moates Ostrich emulator, Evoscan gets confused or something and disconnects. It asks me which cable to connect to, but whether I select the wrong one or right one doesn't matter because it refuses to connect again until I disconnect the Ostrich and close and reopen Evoscan. TunerproRT has no problem connecting to the Ostrich even with the Evoscan cable plugged in and doesn't even ask about the cable because it knows which one is the Ostrich. I have the Openport 1.3U on Com 3, and the Ostrich on Com 5 (I think that's the order but it could be the opposite).
Old May 2, 2009 | 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Ecuflash works perfectly fine

I have Windows vista, Evoscan v2.5, AEM Uego wideband with the serial going to a cable that I purchased from Fast Freddie.

I just started to get the "object reference" error maybe 4 seconds after I click start datalogger.

Last edited by TwoFour; May 3, 2009 at 11:26 PM.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions