Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009 | 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboTylerIX
i am having the exact same problem as above (cant read ecu... the button is greyed out). i could not find a solution by searching. i REALLY need help with this. i never had this problem with my last IX, but i totalled it and now i have a new IX and i need to download the ROM and immobilizer and i cant....
thanks for your help.
Had the same exact problem, the only way I fixed it was rebooting my laptop. Had all my data lost, but I can log and tune my car now.
Old Nov 30, 2009 | 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Redline06
Anyone can tell me what is happening here?

"[21:27:43.552] Using interface OpenPort 1.3 Mitsubishi TX14qcCDccfaf4c900000000000000000000000000000000
[21:27:43.553] interface close
[21:27:43.560] unable to connect to vehicle interface."

I can't seem to read my ROM!

I am on a 32-bit Vista OP by the way.. drivers checking out okay.. redid a full install same thing. Question cnt seem to choose my port on ECU 1.42.. also seen a under HELP there is Licensing.. what is that for.. TIA

Getting this as well. Running on a XP Netbook. I can connect and log just fine in Evoscan. But ECUFlash will not read from the ROM.
Old Dec 10, 2009 | 11:32 AM

Stupid question, but being a newb I have a lot of them .

What OBD2 cable is best for evoscan and an evo 9? Thanks ahead of time guys!
Old Dec 25, 2009 | 08:08 PM

how can i log 2byte load with evoscan 2.6? there isnt a box that i can check for the 2 byte load...
Old Dec 29, 2009 | 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

I've a question about EVOSCAN:

I have the EVOSCAN Standalone GPS Navigator. Get few days ago... After receiving I've seen I need the Tactrix cable also to connect to the OBDII in my EVO X.

Today I got the TACTRIX OBD 2.0 Cable and connected everthing. Pluged in the OBD and the Tactrix Connector starts with different colours but if I start EVOSCAN with my Standalone Display I got always the info NO CABLE connected.

Could it be the Software on the STANDALONE Unit is not actually or any other ideas ?

Thanks

Peter
Old Dec 30, 2009 | 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

sorry for the newbish-ness of this question, apparently my brain has been set to stupid the last few days:

is there a walk through of installing the tephra roms anywhere? Im starting from a completely stock rom off my car, and Im just not hex/bin/xml literate enough to comfortably go adding and modifying and changing text without fear of not having a car to drive home in.

Specifically: when I want to use phenem's download for all 8s (96530706) do I just download his bin file and change it to hex so ecuflash can read it?
Old Dec 30, 2009 | 10:06 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

This is the first time I've used evoscan on my new laptop. It runs Vista.

I can read ROMs via ecuflash.

I reinstalled evoscan v2.6 and it logged no issues. But then when i stopped it and tried to log again, it would connect and immediately disconnect.

This is the message I am getting:

Info: Connection successful...
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Contr ol caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at #=qxhKYH1mFtMAh8z93zD7prqWQvv2_OfgSnHCmz2Zy3v0=.#= qtKoK84GH6OCod3KL0wGUWFW6IqKNH9pMws8vXz2UaYE=(Obje ct #=qsvBSGYgeME$SUzWHdurhgg==, #=qTXtiNQrSn8WccdrBqTBUKIDHzvl_3vSvDc30$3NmqGVN45L GdCNdPCD4WyJThVCP #=qgG1vqHp4db0mQOrlqnLfeA==)
at #=qcYTi9Xx62Q46MlRsGjuPN1obrQTs8A5PdOAFjpb$dxs=.#= qRVZL1o3ai1y47jNYH1WeSSGn3V_EAgIRjvZC9DmfKH8=(Obje ct #=qN_U_6E8H_tuE3zMMMIsSTw==, #=qTXtiNQrSn8WccdrBqTBUKIDHzvl_3vSvDc30$3NmqGVN45L GdCNdPCD4WyJThVCP #=qTt$Zo68gKfJh4NV6qxUGyg==)
at #=qcYTi9Xx62Q46MlRsGjuPN1obrQTs8A5PdOAFjpb$dxs=.#= qCTG31eTBdBGJMydRqc0xPA==(Double& #=qCNRyvBbnAy0vvBJI7_$rmg==)
at #=qcYTi9Xx62Q46MlRsGjuPN1obrQTs8A5PdOAFjpb$dxs=.#= qI2Bxs8jh5r0BxamKtYJJTA==()
Info: Datalogger Ended.

So I don't understand what that means. But it logged successfully the first time. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I keep getting this same message.

Any help? Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2009 | 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Okay, so upon further investigation, it only disconnects me if I try to log with my AEM UEGO.

Logging without External Wideband works just fine.

But like I said before, initially when I logged for the first time with this computer earlier this morning, EVERYTHING logged beautifully, to include the wideband.

But now it doesn't want to work with the wideband. I've tried two different laptops with two different OS, including XP and Vista.
Old Dec 30, 2009 | 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Okay another update.

I've tried the UEGO with my old laptop running v2.5. Everything logs EXCEPT wideband. I'm just not getting any signal.

It does the same thing when I use my new laptop running v2.7b5. Same thing.

I've tried reinstalling drivers for my Keyspan.

Strange thing is, nothing has changed since my last days of logging back in May. I haven't touched the connections or the ground for the serial output. Even trying to use my old laptop where everything worked perfectly, this thing still wont either read the output or the AEM won't output.

So I guess next on the list is to physically check the ground again. And then possibly purchase a new serial to USB adapter.

UPDATE:

I managed to find a copy of FULLv2.5.

I installed onto my new Vista laptop.

Everything works perfectly now. Been able to make multiple logs with UEGO logging properly.

There you have it.
Old Dec 31, 2009 | 08:03 AM
Account Disabled

2.7 was supposed to fix the UEGO hang that began in 2.6
Old Dec 31, 2009 | 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

i was trying everything with all the version.

i think i may have found the solution, replace the keyspan.

using the gigaware cable from radio shack.

all is well right now.
Old Jan 1, 2010 | 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

I think I may have found a bug in v2.7b5.

I just noticed this morning, if I CLICK on "start datalogger" I will always get a ZERO reading for my UEGO. However, if I use the SPACEBAR to start the logging, it will reading the UEGO properly.
Old Jan 1, 2010 | 09:50 AM
Account Disabled

that's very odd, nice find
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

I totally forgot about this sticky.. cant beleive it took me this long to find it again. H

Here's my issue that I posted in a different thread

"o I just bought Evo scan 2.6 i think...Its the newest version. I switched from mitsulogger because it doesn't support the Innovate Lc-1 wideband anymore..

When i first installed my JDM Map I had to modify some xml definitions for mitsulogger to read it properly. I noticed in Evo scan there is a box that i can check for the jdm map...do i need to do anything else to get an accurate reading? Local atmospheric pressure or anything?

Also I dont seem to be able to get my wide band working properly with it. Its showing readings of 0-4 for afr. wich is obviously wrong.

I dont see any actuall instructions anywhere for the program and the help button just brings you to a support page that I have submitted a ticket to but have not heard a response yet.

Im sure many other people are using this program with the same set up.. what are you guys doing to make it work?

Thakns for any help guys

-Ethan"

Any ideas??? Ive fixed a boost leak and would now like to get some accurate logs that include boost and AFR....

-Ethan
Old Jan 5, 2010 | 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

It looks like the 2.6evoscan has the proper formula for the jdmmap in it already. I just added the 4bar omni sensor to my car, and just filled it in under the jdm map line. I'd try it and see if it works.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions