Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011 | 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jonesey I7
Can someone please help me with my two little probs?

1. My idle is set to just under 1k rpm's and it idles perfectly, but my cold start warm ups are pretty aggressive... like 1700 rpm's and it lowers itself and goes back up until warm. I'm pretty sure that would be a setting under the warmup enrichment section, but don't know what and how to change it.

2. What calculation do I need to change on TWObyteloadmut or what ever it's called to make it calculate load properly? My twobyte load looks crazy, up in the thousands.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks guru's.
You have to change your MUT 00 and MUT 01 to the correct values. Do you know what rom you are running?
Old Sep 13, 2011 | 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

If I do a datalog and find knock at 230 load and 5300 rpm, where do you make changes in the timing map? Does the ecu interpolate between 220 and 240 load, and 5000 and 5500 rpm?
Old Sep 14, 2011 | 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by primersdime
you have to change your mut 00 and mut 01 to the correct values. Do you know what rom you are running?
Old Sep 15, 2011 | 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Sounds like you need to migrate your ROM definition file from old pc to new. On the old machine, look for a recently updated .xml file with your ROM ID, somewhere like:

c:\program files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo

Copy the relevant .xml file over to the new pc in the same place, restart EcuFlash, and you should be good to go!

Rich
Alright thanks man! But a question...My jdm map sensor and the MUT table still must record? because it did work without it showing on the rom when i pulled it up and looked at it. worked flawlessly in evoscan, datalogging the map sensor and 2 bytle load, rpm, and airflow even though the .xml file wasnt't updated?
Old Sep 16, 2011 | 12:13 PM

alright guy im going insane i have had evo scan 2.8 for a month now and i cant seem to get a correct log. my rpm is jupming from 1031 to 7875 to 0 when on idle i am getting zeros all over the log im getting negative numbers on fuel trim temp please help if u want to see the long i would be more than happy to email it to you. do i need to adjust injector scaling because i have 1200 cc injectors? my evo is a 2004 gsr running e85 the baud rate is 52500 using open port 1.3 and mitsubishiMUTIII. any ideas?

anything i unistalled it multipe times tried different version nothing...what am i doing wrong??? also my roms wont download i dont everything that is says on evo scan...

Last edited by walker992; Sep 17, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011 | 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Im in the process of installing my LC-1 wideband. The instructions explain installing the led and button for calibration purposes. Is it really necessary to install this? From what I understand you can calibrate the LC-1 unit from evoscan.
Old Sep 30, 2011 | 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PrimerSdime
Im in the process of installing my LC-1 wideband. The instructions explain installing the led and button for calibration purposes. Is it really necessary to install this? From what I understand you can calibrate the LC-1 unit from evoscan.
Nevermind. I spoke with Innovate and they said that I can calibrate via EvoScan so the led and button are not needed.
Old Sep 30, 2011 | 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Really? I have the led and switch hooked up. Does the sensor still need to be out of the pipe to recalibrate it? Or let it sit for at least 6hrs to calibrate?
Old Oct 1, 2011 | 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Really? I have the led and switch hooked up. Does the sensor still need to be out of the pipe to recalibrate it? Or let it sit for at least 6hrs to calibrate?
Yea. I was dreading installing the led and switch...I hate having things like that inside the car. Reminds me of fast and the furious. I was messing around in EvoScan and found the recalibrate LC-1 function. When you click the recalibrate button in EvoScan it says to make sure the sensor is out of the exhaust or the engine has been off for 6 hours. You can actually monitor o2 sensor calibration status in logworks while you are doing it so you know when its finished.

What I do is remove the sensor from the exhaust, open EvoScan, click recalibrate LC-1 under the wideband drop down, the instruction box will appear telling you to turn off the key and turn it back on, turn the ignition off, close EvoScan, turn the ignition on, hit connect in LogWorks, and watch the status.
Old Oct 2, 2011 | 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Yea. I was dreading installing the led and switch...I hate having things like that inside the car. Reminds me of fast and the furious. I was messing around in EvoScan and found the recalibrate LC-1 function. When you click the recalibrate button in EvoScan it says to make sure the sensor is out of the exhaust or the engine has been off for 6 hours. You can actually monitor o2 sensor calibration status in logworks while you are doing it so you know when its finished.

What I do is remove the sensor from the exhaust, open EvoScan, click recalibrate LC-1 under the wideband drop down, the instruction box will appear telling you to turn off the key and turn it back on, turn the ignition off, close EvoScan, turn the ignition on, hit connect in LogWorks, and watch the status.
I have my led and switch under my pass seat so its out of the way. Im just curious how Evoscan calibrates it?

Last edited by wizzo 8; Oct 2, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2011 | 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

I have my led and switch under my pass seat so its out of the way. Im just curious how Evoscan calibrates it?
EvoScan sends a recalibration request via serial port. You can only recalibrate through EvoScan if the LC-1 unit is being datalogged through the serial port. I suppose if you are using an analog output to datalog through the ecu's rear o2 sensor input, you could always just hook the serial cable up to recalibrate.

Last edited by PrimerSdime; Oct 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2011 | 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

EvoScan sends a recalibration request via serial port. You can only recalibrate through EvoScan if the LC-1 unit is being datalogged through the serial port. I suppose if you are using an analog output to datalog through the ecu's rear o2 sensor input, you could always just hook the serial cable up to recalibrate.
Ok yea I just tried it but it says the port is closed. Mine is hooked up to the rear o2 sensor input to the ecu. Guess Ill just keep using the sensor button.
Old Oct 2, 2011 | 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Ok yea I just tried it but it says the port is closed. Mine is hooked up to the rear o2 sensor input to the ecu. Guess Ill just keep using the sensor button.
Did you have the LC-1 unit connected to your computer via serial port?
Old Oct 3, 2011 | 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Did you have the LC-1 unit connected to your computer via serial port?
No its connected straight to the ecu. I just have to use the button which is fine.
Old Oct 3, 2011 | 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

I know that you are using the analog output wired into the ecu's rear o2 input. I'm saying if you want to calibrate the LC-1 through EvoScan you have to hook up the serial cable.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions