Notices
ECU Flash

EVOSCAN and LC-1(LC1) question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOSCAN and LC-1(LC1) question

I have an LC-1 and it works just fine with logworks but I need it to work with EVOSCAN.

The values that EVOscan logs read like this(idle values).

Any idea's?

Yes it is set up to LC-1 and the correct com port.

Yes I searched.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the indicator light on the LC-1 on?

Also, did you check the box in Evoscan to make it log the AFRs?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alan678
Is the indicator light on the LC-1 on?

Also, did you check the box in Evoscan to make it log the AFRs?
Yes and I assume by box you mean Wideband A/F Ratio. Yes checked.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

The LC-1 sends a 'type' with each value. Typically, this is lambda (AFR), but when the sensor is out of AFR range the measurements switch to O2. Also, the type can be status or an error.

I actually explained this in detail here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...6&postcount=14

My understanding is that Evo4Mad has never implemented all the types. That is, he assumes every value is AFR. So it is possible that the LC-1 is reporting something else (O2, error code) and the value is coming out whacked.

Another possibility is he may be miss reading the AFR multiplier in the header. You could connect the LC-1 to LM Programmer and check what the fuel type is set to (LogWorks honors this as well, but also allows fuel type to be overridden).

FWIW, you can also log ECU data into LogWorks from the Tactrix cable. I don't know if that helps or not.

Good Luckk,
-jjf
Old Feb 17, 2007, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you for the post. I will try it and let you know. What is odd to me is that the LC-1(LC1) works just fine in logworks, but evoscan won't read the value. I am going to try what you posted and post the results here.

I do log with the tactrix and logworks and absolutely love it. I am eagerly awaiting version 3.

Is there a way on logworks to export the data to excel or csv etc the way that evoscan does? That is my goal.

Thank you,

Evol.ved
Old Feb 17, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Thank you for the post. I will try it and let you know. What is odd to me is that the LC-1(LC1) works just fine in logworks, but evoscan won't read the value. I am going to try what you posted and post the results here.

I do log with the tactrix and logworks and absolutely love it. I am eagerly awaiting version 3.

Is there a way on logworks to export the data to excel or csv etc the way that evoscan does? That is my goal.

Thank you,

Evol.ved
I've used the LC-1 on a few EVO's.
Make sure you have the LC-1 selected and the correct com port ( i know you said you had the correct com)

Sometimes I forget to select the wideband and put it on LM-1 Or something and get all sorts of funky readings.

Also, where are you getting our LC-1 out from? The serial cable or an analog output?
What you could consider doing is making a serial cable using one of your analog outputs and setting it to the LC-1 range or LM-1 Range and using that.

The problem is not likely to be software, but rather to be the LC-1 brain.
I have had issues with the LC-1 going bad before and giving stupid readings.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Evol.ved

Thank you,

Evol.ved
You can export the logs in dif format and excel will read them. You can do that from the file drop-in menu. The LW3 will export in csv format.

Logworks has everything I need. I have since stopped using Evoscan.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nj1266

I agree 100%. LogWorks is a great product and it just made sense since I already had their LC-1 and SSi4. But, it basically have everything that you need, like realtime graphing, gauges, tables, etc. It's just a great overall product.

Eric
Old Feb 17, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
You can export the logs in dif format and excel will read them. You can do that from the file drop-in menu. The LW3 will export in csv format.

I used to use logworks on my other car, but I had something that would read more inputs.

I use an LC-1 now. So what will Logworks read with only an LC-1? You can't get calculated load right?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Sure you could. You can log whatever you can with EvoScan.

Calcuated load is just a calculation from other logged channels. You can set that up in LogWorks just as you can in EvoScan or Mitsulogger.

Eric
Old Feb 17, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
Sure you could. You can log whatever you can with EvoScan.

Calcuated load is just a calculation from other logged channels. You can set that up in LogWorks just as you can in EvoScan or Mitsulogger.

Eric
When I logged with an LM-1 I used an additional input device.

With an LC-1, how would you log things like RPM, duty cycle etc?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

You can log any MUT requests that you could with Evoscan or MitsuLogger.

You simply use your Tactrix cable and choose what you want to log, like RPM, knock, etc. You LC-1 will also be in the log.

Eric
Old Feb 18, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
You can log any MUT requests that you could with Evoscan or MitsuLogger.

You simply use your Tactrix cable and choose what you want to log, like RPM, knock, etc. You LC-1 will also be in the log.

Eric
I'm really confused. You're saying, if I plug in my tactrix as well as my wideband. Then logworks will log everything the evoscan will log simply by selecting what I want in Logworks?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 06:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
I'm really confused. You're saying, if I plug in my tactrix as well as my wideband. Then logworks will log everything the evoscan will log simply by selecting what I want in Logworks?
JFitzpat who posts here frequently, works for Innovate, he wrote a plugin for the Tactrix cable so it works as a logging source in Logworks. He has written that logworks 3.0 has many more features and better support for plugins.

I have played with it and its very nice, I don't have an Innovate in my car so I haven't really used it to its full potential. Funny that I own one, but bought it to write the Mitsulogger software about the exact same time the plugin was announced.

Currently you have two options, Logworks and Evoscan to log with the LC1.. In the near future, Mitsulogger will also be able to log from any device that Innovate offers that works on their serial chain. For me getting it implemented is a personal challenge because their protocol is fairly complex and makes for an interesting task.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Feb 18, 2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
Yes, that's correct. Remember some of my posts in the Maf scaling thread, where I posted screenshots of graphs/logs? Those were all done with LogWorks.

When you install LogWorks you will get another folder called 'Extra Devices', which let's you use the plugin to log any MUT requests, or even OBD, if you wish. There is a xml file which you can add to the same way that you do today in EvoScan or Mitsulogger.

Eric

Quick Reply: EVOSCAN and LC-1(LC1) question