Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iTune
What settings are you using? I am trying to use it(have been all day) but cannot connect. I selected the tactrix cable from the pull down menu and selected "slow" in the sequence menu, but still won't connect. Also, it makes me select a port for the tactrix cable too.....any ideas?

CJ
MJ posted a guide on how to use scantech. the only thing that worked for me is using
a)Jeff's protocl converter, not the tactrix cable driver, and
b) make sure you select the correct comport the tactrix cable is plugged - 1. Plug in the cable, 2. find the cable in the Hardware/Device Manager under com-ports.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can some please answer this question ?

Originally Posted by Spec'd
Do we have to pay an additional $25 to re-register and upgrade ?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
MJ posted a guide on how to use scantech. the only thing that worked for me is using
a)Jeff's protocl converter, not the tactrix cable driver, and
b) make sure you select the correct comport the tactrix cable is plugged - 1. Plug in the cable, 2. find the cable in the Hardware/Device Manager under com-ports.
Ahh, i c. Thats whay i though(in reagards to the com ports)

Thanks!

CJ
Old Mar 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't received an email as well.

I have serial number in hand. Didn't keep any of the old links.

Can't wait to try this out.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Why don't we all just plan on waiting another month, that way we're not disappointed when every day we check this thread and see it's not out yet.

If it takes him 30 more days to work out the bugs, then we have to live with it... It's either that or we complain that he released a buggy product.

We all love the stability of 0.97, and I expect nothing less in 0.98, so back off and stop posting! Unsubscribe from the thread and come back in April.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

pay once

Originally Posted by Spec'd
Can some please answer this question ?

Pay once and the updates are free. Look for your last update email and use that link for the new v0.98. But don't tell anybody.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
OT How do you get away with that amount of gap? I use the same plugs with only 0.023 at 24lbs boost
Was gonna say something too....lol
Old Mar 4, 2007, 08:35 PM

EvoScan makes me want to sell my WRX and buy an EVO just for the EM
Old Mar 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Was gonna say something too....lol
I have done a ishload of R&D in regards to many things in the forced induction realm and plugs were always one of my favs to R&D. It's amazing how important plugs are and how much is overlooked and just plain mis-understood about plugs and forced induction. If you know what you are doing and properly test and tune, you can usually run a larger gap than you thought possible. A lot of people think a certain gap pertains to every engine....this is simply no where near the truth. My research has proven this time and time again.

Run the largest gap you can, plain and simple. Most of you didn't do the proper testing to see what gap your engine really needed to make the most of your 3rd stroke, a.k.a. the power stroke. Or you just didn't know what to do. This is essential to maximize the exposure of the fuel-air mixture to the spark, and therefore result in better ignition. Obviously, as the plug wears and the electrode begins to errode, the electrode will no longer have sharp edges and they become more rounded, causing the spark to jump the gap erradically. this effects the gap you need to run. You will need to gap down as the plug wears(especially with copper electrodes). This is why i recommend iridium plugs with a smaller electrode, as the iridium has a much higher melting point and resists wear and the small iridium tipped electrode does a great job of keeping it's shape and not getting very rounded with wear. Perfect for high horsepower, forced induction engines.

Obviously, the correct hear range is very important as well(yet another mis-understood plug topic), as this will effect everything, as i have previously talked about in other posts.

CJ

Last edited by iTune; Mar 4, 2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

iTUNE,

If you tune for a 3rd stroke "explosion" stay away from my car. When the maker of my turbo that uses the same injection system at the same boost tells me that the best plug is brand X model Z gaped at .0yy" I think that's a pretty good place to start.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
iTUNE,

If you tune for a 3rd stroke "explosion" stay away from my car. When the maker of my turbo that uses the same injection system at the same boost tells me that the best plug is brand X model Z gaped at .0yy" I think that's a pretty good place to start.
your post did not make any sense to me.... do you know the 4 strokes of a 4 stroke engine? if you did, you would understand that the power stroke is where the ignition sequence happens(inbetween the compression stroke and power stroke depending on the ignition timing..I.e. retarded after TDC or advanced before TDC)..lol this is where the spark plug ignites the air/fuel mixture.

and as for going by what the manufacturer says, that is a general gap.... every engine is different...this isnt speculation, this is FACT. there is no debate on this topic. do some research man. don't post garbage.

CJ

Last edited by iTune; Mar 5, 2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

semantics??

The word explosion scares me I prefer the words "controlled burn". By definition an explosion it the same as detonation = bad thing. Make sense?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking
Old Mar 5, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
The word explosion scares me I prefer the words "controlled burn". By definition an explosion it the same as detonation = bad thing. Make sense?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking
first off, I never used the word explosion.... if you mis read one of my posts, I can understand why the word explosion would scare you...but I never used the word explosion.

also, I don't need a wikipedia explanation of what pre-ignition and detonation is. I know all about this topic, just search my name. your not dealing with a novice here.

wow, we are way off topic now. lets not beat the dead horse, shall we?

CJ
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iTune
first off, I never used the word explosion.... if you mis read one of my posts, I can understand why the word explosion would scare you...but I never used the word explosion.

also, I don't need a wikipedia explanation of what pre-ignition and detonation is. I know all about this topic, just search my name. your not dealing with a novice here.

wow, we are way off topic now. lets not beat the dead horse, shall we?

CJ

Haha. I was just going to write that. Exposure is not Explosion!

Back on topic... Evoscan keeps getting better!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Evo4Mad, not sure if you've seen this or is a noted bug but I can't play back log files with .98 while guages are turned on.

If I just turn on an RPM guage and set it to data item "Engine Speed" the error comes up.

Error message: Column '21' does not belong to table LogData

Similar errors come up only with different column numbers for different items.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!