Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jfitzpat, is there a new version of logworks out or am I reading some of this wrong. I use a LC-1 with XD-16.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, I just did some more looking. That's awesome there is a openport cable plugin. Will have to give it a shot.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
He's likely waiting until he's finished finalizing the v0.98 before he sends it out to new customers and post's it on the link for current customers. The 0.98 on the link now is just to keep us off his back until he finishes.

Wait till the final copy before worrying, after that PM him
I dont care about the .98, i really just want the cable so I can log with .97 in the meantime.
I am sure he isnt trying to rip anyone off I was just wondering if maybe anyone talked to him and knew something that I didnt i.e. He was busy making more cables to send out
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@jfitzpat

If you can somehow add EvoScan or Mitsulogger to the list of supported logs that DLL can read from, I'd buy DLL here and now without a second thought. The only thing holding me back right now is that I have not been able to get DLL to work with my EvoScan or Mistulogger logs.

If you have that in your roadmap somewhere, do let me/us know!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Data Log Lab already supports Mitsulogger and Evoscan, The author of the software is not jfitzpat, the DLL website is www.dataloglab.com

DLL has a universal data importer tool, you supply a definition file, which I have provided with Mitsulogger (I am under the impression he will include definitions for our apps in his future releases)

You have to go into configuration settings and set the data definition file to the log format you want to import. I definitely feel should be some improvement in selecting definition files and importing, but it works as I use it.

The reason Glenn (the author of DLL) created the universal tool is because it takes quite some time and effort to create specific importers for each log type, and Mitsulogger/Evoscan are so incredibly flexible that its not realistic for him to create a static importer.. Every few days we find new ways of logging and representing items in the Mitsubishi ECU. The definition file allows you to add new items as they turn up, and are needed (if their needed)

Its really a matter of editing a file to load our data logs.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

I fired up DLL last night and ran an evoscan file through and without any correction saw ~ 350awhp, does that sound realistic for my mods? I'm tuning by NB02 and Knock and feel like I'm leaving a little on the table because I probably don't have a perfectly smooth a/f. I did a few g-tech runs and it showed 12.8 @ 111.4 with a bogged 2.0 60'

I ran it through here http://home.neo.rr.com/jturrin/calchp1.htm and had similar results based on the trap speed. for what it's worth I've tested the g-tech against my local track and found that on average it's 1 tenth fast and 1.5mph fast so I plugged in 12.9 and 110mph and got ~ 350awhp
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon
I fired up DLL last night and ran an evoscan file through and without any correction saw ~ 350awhp, does that sound realistic for my mods?
Not for 110mph trap speed - IIRC, a 350whp EVO is good for low 12s and more along the lines of 115mph or so.

Last edited by Ted B; Mar 6, 2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

gotcha, thanks for the feedback Ted, I figure with a nice 1.7x launch it might see 12.5's at best but of course that HP is determined by the MPH, not the ET.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Just open the log file in excel an cut out all of the log entries before 100% TPS and everything after 100% TPS. That will get you your best log.
i did that, but once i try to load the trimed datalog in evoscan, it gives me a error "cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'Double' is not valid" ????

CJ
Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

with data log lab (DLL) http://www.dataloglab.com you can click on the beginning of the rpm curve and it will tell you that position, then click on the end of the curve and get that postion, then when you display the power graphs plug those numbers in and it focus on the area between those numbers.

I use the TPS in the graph view to determine where to start and stop the hp run

Last edited by Mellon Racing; Mar 7, 2007 at 04:52 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laakness
jfitzpat, is there a new version of logworks out or am I reading some of this wrong. I use a LC-1 with XD-16.
LW-2 has math channels, so I've posted formulas for power.

The last maintanence release of LW-2 has also included a Tactrix cable plug-in so you can log MUT, SSM, and OBDII into logworks as well.

All Others - Again, I am not the DLL guy, I was just commenting that in my own experience, soaring HP is typically a problem with bad data (not part of the pull) being put into the slope computation or no SAE correction (static dyno calc instead of moving road calc). And, later noted that how RPM is smoothed can really impact readings as well.

-jjf
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Can someone tell me with v.098....I datalogged a few runs and now I want to calculate hp and tq....how do I do that???
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

I have been out of town for a while and no access to the internet. Is 0.98 out now or what? Sorry for the dumb question I have been up since 8:00AM yesterday.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
not proper 0.98 - its still a bit buggy
Old Mar 7, 2007, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Data Log Lab already supports Mitsulogger and Evoscan, The author of the software is not jfitzpat, the DLL website is www.dataloglab.com

DLL has a universal data importer tool, you supply a definition file, which I have provided with Mitsulogger (I am under the impression he will include definitions for our apps in his future releases)

You have to go into configuration settings and set the data definition file to the log format you want to import. I definitely feel should be some improvement in selecting definition files and importing, but it works as I use it.

The reason Glenn (the author of DLL) created the universal tool is because it takes quite some time and effort to create specific importers for each log type, and Mitsulogger/Evoscan are so incredibly flexible that its not realistic for him to create a static importer.. Every few days we find new ways of logging and representing items in the Mitsubishi ECU. The definition file allows you to add new items as they turn up, and are needed (if their needed)

Its really a matter of editing a file to load our data logs.
Hi Jack

I thought I missed something when I looked into the Mitsulogger 1.5 Alpha directory and could not find a .CAR file. I just popped by AktiveMatrix to download the file again and still could not find any definition file to use in DLL.

Sorry to be a bother, but could you provide steps to import Mitsulogger files into DLL for analysis? I'm at my wits end here

Quick Reply: EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!