Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget my last post. I found the definition file and have copied it into D:\Program Files\DataLogLab\Universal Data Log Formats

Tried to open DLL (mine is still unregistered as I am undecided in whether to get it or not). Under Options -> Default File Type, I still do not see the Evoscan.txt or the Mitsulogger.txt files showing up as options. Is this why I cannot open a Mitsulogger log in DLL?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Better still, just ignore the one above as well. I've been working 17 hour days, and I guess my eyes were going bad. In Options, there is a field to select the definition file and load it. My bad.

That said, the power graph doesn't make sense to me:

Looking at the mods I have on my car, and looking at the default load of the log in the power graph/chart, it should seem correct -- a 272 cammed Evo VIII MR RS with the mods I have and a custom tune should be putting down around 330whp and 325 lb/ft wtq. However, I noticed that it was assuming the weight of the car to be 200 lbs, which we know is not correct.

I adjusted that value to 3080 lbs (which is close to the correct weight of the car) and recalculated and got 579 whp and 583 wtq. Now, with the mods I have running off a 9.8T, there is no way that I can be putting down these kind of numbers.

Last edited by ghoonk; Mar 7, 2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

the contents weight should be exactly that the CONTENTS of the car. the actual car weight is in the definition. you should only be putting down the approximate weight of you, your friends and whatever else extra you have in the car. if you have reduced weight, such as race buckets, lighter rims, no crash beams, take this into account as well. at least in data log lab you can go into the car definition and it will show you the curb weight of the car. if you want to set it to default at whatever the car weighs with you in it measured on a scale, then that would be the best way.

edit: basically you just made your car weigh about 6400 pounds, and at the rate of acceleration you were doing, yes you would expect it to have about 550hp. hahaha bring it back down to 200 or so, keep the units as imperial, and see what it gives you.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol cmon use some common sense guys. it says "contents" and I already asked another guy if he weighs 350lbs because he put that much "content" in the field and wondered why his HP is so high.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I installed .98 but I can't seem to figure out how to use the power & torque graphing feature...can anybody help??
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XK120
I installed .98 but I can't seem to figure out how to use the power & torque graphing feature...can anybody help??
X2...I need help too!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
lol cmon use some common sense guys. it says "contents" and I already asked another guy if he weighs 350lbs because he put that much "content" in the field and wondered why his HP is so high.
Oops. Sorry about that. Like I said, I haven't had much sleep over the past few days, what with launching a telco (from scratch - a 1 year project) and custom tuning my evo in whatever minutes I have between getting off work and getting to bed.

Thanks for the heads-up. It certainly explains why I was getting some weird figures, but it all makes sense now. Seems pretty spot-on for an Evo VIII with the mods that I have?

By the way, looking at the power curve, which rpm should I be shifting at on track? Where peak power is made or where peak torque is made?

Last edited by ghoonk; Mar 7, 2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ghoonk
Oops. Sorry about that. Like I said, I haven't had much sleep over the past few days, what with launching a telco (from scratch - a 1 year project) and custom tuning my evo in whatever minutes I have between getting off work and getting to bed.

Thanks for the heads-up. It certainly explains why I was getting some weird figures, but it all makes sense now. Seems pretty spot-on for an Evo VIII with the mods that I have?

By the way, looking at the power curve, which rpm should I be shifting at on track? Where peak power is made or where peak torque is made?

np, I'm just razzin ya

I plugged in one of my recent 4th gear pulls and with no correction it's showing ~ 345-350 awhp. I might put a pic up of it tonight. (see sig for mods)
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

np

I just noticed that you're putting down 345 to 350 with just those mods. How? I was under the impression that a 05 Evo without cams or alky would not be able to brake 300 whp. I don't get it. Even with a custom tune, 345 to 350 with those mods?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

I'm new to the EVO world and I've only had my car for about a month now but I'm not new to tuning cars so maybe I got lucky and hit the sweet spot.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ghoonk
np

I just noticed that you're putting down 345 to 350 with just those mods. How? I was under the impression that a 05 Evo without cams or alky would not be able to brake 300 whp. I don't get it. Even with a custom tune, 345 to 350 with those mods?
If you look at his sig again you'd see he has HKS 280's

**EDIT**

Belay my last. It's waiting to be installed...
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
Account Disabled

correct, I need to get a tensioner tool first.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

My cam gears are set to -1 in / -2 ex at the moment and I was wondering if I should try a different combination (-4/-4?) for better torque. There was a thread on this just awhile back, and I was wondering if that would really make a difference.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=74284&page=14

Last edited by ghoonk; Mar 7, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:48 AM

I have yet to recieve the email. And yes I paid, I have .97.

Can I still use the same link that came with the v.97 to download v.98?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:56 AM
Account Disabled

it's been said 100x in this thread, the mass e-mailing hasn't been done yet because there are bugs to be worked out

Quick Reply: EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!