Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2007, 09:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
well heres hoping he releases a new version soon

even if it doesn't have all the fixes in it...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by colby
, at this point I cannot support the EvoScan 1.3M with the EcuFlash software since buying the cable from Hamish does nothing to support the development of EcuFlash. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this,
I thought there was one cable design that will work with ECUFlash, Evoscan, Mitsulogger, Log Works, and all future versions no matter who you bought it from or peiced together the connector adapter.

Or is this what is being changed - trying to make each cable program specific, depending on who you bought the cable from?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice
Old Mar 12, 2007, 08:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
I thought there was one cable design that will work with ECUFlash, Evoscan, Mitsulogger, Log Works, and all future versions no matter who you bought it from or peiced together the connector adapter.

Or is this what is being changed - trying to make each cable program specific, depending on who you bought the cable from?
I think he meant support issues with getting the cable working, not support in the software. Honestly though, the cable is funding the project so I think its fair to limit support to the Openport cable. I don't know if the openport cable is hard-coded by serial number or description, or either, in ecuflash though.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
with all this waiting i might go with dataloglab
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can anyone post the link to download .98 ? when i go to the links its all for .97... thanks
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you got to a .97 link then you will be able to download .98 - as far as I can tell that is the only version available for download right now.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are they allowing download thru the paypal link for free if you have already bought .97 ?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo

I don't have any interest in restricting compatible cables. In fact, I took steps to support 1.2 cables shortly after I did the Tactrix plug-in. However, I think Colby's position is a little different.

I can't speak for him, but I don't think Colby's issue is with a lone user who downloads his copyrighted schematic and builds a cable. That person is probably just a technical hobbiest, and quite likely a good potential future contributer to Colby's project. Also, unless one values their time at $0, there was no real savings to speak of. Colby prices the built cables fairly competitively with what it would take to do it yourself.

The issue appears to be that Colby reinvests some cable proceeds into EcuFlash. Presumably doing things like renting factory tools, and etc. Colby also presumably interprets Evo4Mad's odd song and dance about PIDs and different drivers for what it is, technical gibberish. The drivers originate with FTDI. VIDs and PIDs reference an INF file, which, in turn, refers to the FTDI drivers. Loaded, or just on disk, no real waste or redundancy is nec.

The only viable reason to not uniquely identify the cable is to make application's recognize it as the original it is cloned from. Some vendors, like us, don't care. We sell Colby's cables as a bundle, but only for user convenience. We give the plug-ins, etc. away, including source, to everone. However, Colby does care because Evo4Mad is not making a reinvestment in EcuFlash and is using that financial advantage to try to undercut Colby's pricing and divert sales.

In other words, Evo4Mad appears to be saying that he is getting into the cable business for altruistic reasons, to save everyone $20-$30 hard earned dollars on their cables. Colby appears to be saying that it is simple profiteering on his work and it threatens future EcuFlash development. Although the specter of international copyright law has been broached, I think this will really boil down to people voting on who is right with their pocket book.

-jjf
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new knock fields?

Don't remember these being in .97. Knock looks like the voltage from the knock sensor, but what are the others?

Knock
knock_adc
knock_base
knock_var
knock_change
knock_dynamics
knock_flag
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
These are all recent finds from the Disassembly effort on Aktivematrix. Its useful information if you have alot of false knock and need to know the dynamics involved in how/why its being triggered.

These new knock MUT requests are useful if you need to make changes to the Knock Filters (we're still learning about the knock filters and these requestID's)

Mitsulogger also has these new entries in the new release thats upcoming.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Still didn't get an email...

Has he gotten the kinks worked out?
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
not yet i guess...
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In the meantime try logworks, really put tuning in perspective for me
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

On the bright side according to the devlopers post EVOSCAN .99 wil lbe released in two weeks!

Quick Reply: EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!