Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Can't wait to check it out.. the price we pay for a day of fun eh?
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoIX Guy
well i emailed him and i still have not gotten my key... i guess i just gave someone $25 bucks for nothing.. guess i need to go look around for my key if i can find it.
If you read through some of the previous threads you will see the Evo4mad is not out to scam anyone. He does try to lead a normal life beyond the boards so a little patience will go a long way
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4mad
geez, I already said I was going to be at the racetrack all day yesterday, yesterdays emails haven't been cleared yet why dont you just PM me, instead of slagging me off on here about "$25 bucks for nothing". nice.
oops didnt go back that much
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by laakness
If you read through some of the previous threads you will see the Evo4mad is not out to scam anyone. He does try to lead a normal life beyond the boards so a little patience will go a long way
did i say scam? nope.. i dont think id give the money if it was a scam... had the app from day one that i got the car... so i was nice and gave $25 to help him out with his time. unlike half of this world that steals from dev's like Evo4mad.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
24 hours to countdown to v0.98!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 09:12 PM
Former Sponsor

what email address is it coming from?

i need to unblock the spam thing for aol... sometimes it deletes them

thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 09:34 PM
Former Sponsor

add to your allow lists: evoscan@limitless.co.nz
Old Feb 26, 2007, 09:35 PM
Former Sponsor

add to your allow lists: evoscan@limitless.co.nz
thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

I Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

geez, I already said I was going to be at the racetrack all day yesterday, yesterdays emails haven't been cleared yet why dont you just PM me, instead of slagging me off on here about "$25 bucks for nothing". nice.
Seems to me you started a conversation on our board with a statement that our LC-1 serial output was broken. Klaus pointed out that, no, it was your serial code and parsing that was broken.

A couple of months later you were swearing that our LC-1 had no serial port on this board. You also went on later in the thread with a weird hypothesis that since we were 'analog', we probably weren't fast enough for certain applications... Never mind that we show a single miss for what it is, a spike instead of a second of artificially lean readings like other widebands, or that you can kill your ignition switch WOT and we'll show what really happens, an engine filling with O2 in a couple of revs, while other widebands will show a classic PID curve of readings for half a second or more - you took something which you already knew was false about our product and then did a little technical speculation at our expense.

Was this "slagging" us? Or just a few lies because of a personal financial interest?

It is an important distinction. Remember, you came back to our forum with a newbie complaint, the assertion that your requests for service had been ignored, and an impossible technical hypothesis. Did you ever bother to come back and see how we responded? Did we say, 'hey, aren't you the guy who asks for help with your product, then lies about ours after we give it to you'? No, we followed through on every aspect of your complaint, including scouring the mail server logs. Of course, the results were what I expected, you never wrote or called. But we still had no choice. We believe that once you are a commercial vendor you have certain responsibilities to customers, no matter how much you may dissaprove of their individual behavior.

You are free to feel differently, but I think most folks can relate to the golden rule. If you want to take the stance that your users owe you something, not vice versa, do what I did with dyno calculations, source code for generic OBD-II, MUT, and SSM over Tactrix, etc. - or what folks like Donour and MalibuJack do with whole applications - give it away for free.

For others: None of the above is meant to detract from Evo4Mad's contributions to this community. I'm just pointing out that, from my perspective, the money matters to Evo4mad - it matters enough to him that he will even blatantly lie at the expense of folks who provide him free help and assistance. And, if something matters enough to lie for, then then I think it is hypocritical, at least, to criticize the folks providing it when they place demands in return.

-jjf
Old Feb 27, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone get their links yet? Its the 28th in new zealand.....lol XD
Old Feb 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jfitzpat
Seems to me you started a conversation on our board with a statement that our LC-1 serial output was broken. Klaus pointed out that, no, it was your serial code and parsing that was broken.

A couple of months later you were swearing that our LC-1 had no serial port on this board. You also went on later in the thread with a weird hypothesis that since we were 'analog', we probably weren't fast enough for certain applications... Never mind that we show a single miss for what it is, a spike instead of a second of artificially lean readings like other widebands, or that you can kill your ignition switch WOT and we'll show what really happens, an engine filling with O2 in a couple of revs, while other widebands will show a classic PID curve of readings for half a second or more - you took something which you already knew was false about our product and then did a little technical speculation at our expense.

Was this "slagging" us? Or just a few lies because of a personal financial interest?

It is an important distinction. Remember, you came back to our forum with a newbie complaint, the assertion that your requests for service had been ignored, and an impossible technical hypothesis. Did you ever bother to come back and see how we responded? Did we say, 'hey, aren't you the guy who asks for help with your product, then lies about ours after we give it to you'? No, we followed through on every aspect of your complaint, including scouring the mail server logs. Of course, the results were what I expected, you never wrote or called. But we still had no choice. We believe that once you are a commercial vendor you have certain responsibilities to customers, no matter how much you may dissaprove of their individual behavior.

You are free to feel differently, but I think most folks can relate to the golden rule. If you want to take the stance that your users owe you something, not vice versa, do what I did with dyno calculations, source code for generic OBD-II, MUT, and SSM over Tactrix, etc. - or what folks like Donour and MalibuJack do with whole applications - give it away for free.

For others: None of the above is meant to detract from Evo4Mad's contributions to this community. I'm just pointing out that, from my perspective, the money matters to Evo4mad - it matters enough to him that he will even blatantly lie at the expense of folks who provide him free help and assistance. And, if something matters enough to lie for, then then I think it is hypocritical, at least, to criticize the folks providing it when they place demands in return.

-jjf

First I know nothing of this situation, but in the first link it just seems like he wanted some help. When it was recieved, it seems he said thanks and such. Whats wrong with that???

The second thing about him saying theres no serial port, seems like a mistake.
Then the statement about "analog " and you guys not being "fast", isnt that true??? Doesn't you system only pick up 12 samples per second???? If that is correct, then it is slow. If not, coorect me.

I also think its very hypocritical of you saying that EVO4mad is all bout money. Reguardless if he is, hes making a product, and trying to make money. Whats wrong with that?? Dont you guys do the same thing???
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
First I know nothing of this situation, but in the first link it just seems like he wanted some help. When it was recieved, it seems he said thanks and such. Whats wrong with that???

The second thing about him saying theres no serial port, seems like a mistake.
Then the statement about "analog " and you guys not being "fast", isnt that true??? Doesn't you system only pick up 12 samples per second???? If that is correct, then it is slow. If not, coorect me.
Actually no. The internal ADC and DAC in the LC1 are very fast. Fast enough to
,"catch single pulses of exhaust gas." I've logged from mine at well over 100 hz.

I also think its very hypocritical of you saying that EVO4mad is all bout money. Reguardless if he is, hes making a product, and trying to make money. Whats wrong with that?? Dont you guys do the same thing???
It's hard to make a fair comparison without full context of the development of evoscan, mitsubishilogger, mutlog, ecuflash, etc. evo4mad originally claimed that evoscan was going to be a free and open source project. This got a lot of us excited. I for one delayed my own mut working several months while trying to get evo4mad to release his source code.

I think the criticism here is that evo4mad declares he doesn't care about the money, but demands a license fee. The rest of us -- most importantly colby -- do not. The precedent has been set for this space of software. Technically evo4mad has probably violated both US and his local law. I purchased a license to evoscan when it was originally released. The purchase receipt stated clearly that source would be provided. It was not.

To get back to my point though, it's not the fee that irks us. I find the refusal to share technical breakthroughs with the community that supports the app socially reprehensible. I freely release the source of the my software to the public because I believe it's worth to the community is more than it's worth to me. By putting it out there, I have increased it's value. I also realize that I have received more from the community than I have given. It's the right thing to do.

d

Last edited by donour; Feb 27, 2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: important grammar fix
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jfitzpat
our LC-1 serial output was broken. Klaus pointed out that, no, it was your serial code and parsing that was broken

you can kill your ignition switch WOT and we'll show what really happens, an engine filling with O2 in a couple of revs, while other widebands will show a classic PID curve of readings for half a second or more - you took something which you already knew was false about our product and then did a little technical speculation at our expense.
In what way will this effect my WB reading?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

2 hours to go!

Quick Reply: EvoScan v0.98 Now with Power & Torque Graphing - Map Tracing completed also!