Notices
ECU Flash

welcome me to shouldn't be

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007 | 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

found a note in the ecuplus instructions, just as R smith said there is a jumper that needs to be switched or the obd2 can not be read

thanks everyone
Old Feb 25, 2007 | 05:33 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

For anyone that comes across this thread, ECU+ only needs a jumper/switch if you're using the silver box version along with ECUFlash. I'm using the black box version and can log/flash and use ECU+ concurrently without a switch.
Old Feb 25, 2007 | 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm, thought I posted already, yes, it is as R Smith and Razorlab said, a lead on the ecuplus.
In its instructions it does say no other obd2 link will work with the obd2 wire connected on the ecuplus.

made a connector and sure enough without the connection the upload worked flawlessly.
thanks to all.
Old Feb 25, 2007 | 06:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nothere
found a note in the ecuplus instructions, just as R smith said there is a jumper that needs to be switched or the obd2 can not be read

thanks everyone

Yep, I was just about to write this but you found it already..

There is also an updated "intermediate" firmware for the ECU+ that allows you to use your OBD-II cable without setting this jumper, as the firmware no longer immediately connects and queries OBD-II when the ECU+ boots, but waits for you to request the OBD-II info, then disconnects it when your done.

E-mail Tom at ECU+ for an updated firmware if thats a feature (Its also a P0300 fix in that firmware) you need.

In my case, I wired a switch to the jumper that bypasses OBD-II, now I can switch when necessary. With new firmware that won't be necessary, and his newest work actually does alot of this from within the ECU+ so logging MUT data won't even require using the cable, just reflashing.

FWIW on any given day, I could be running a different engine management unit on my car.. The past 2 weeks I've been running a UTEC, last month and for 6 months prior, it was the ECU+, I also have run several other systems recently in order to document them, modify them, figure out how to log data with them, etc.. I've probably played with nearly everything on the market at this point.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Feb 25, 2007 at 06:38 PM.