ECU Flash

Q about rescaling load on maps...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q about rescaling load on maps...

Hi,

Im pretty new to ecuflash but not tuning and have a few specific questions for anyone that would like to share their information

1) What is the max load your timing map is scaled to and what is the max load you actually hit on said map?

2) Are any of you guys re-scaling the fuel map also? Its not entirely necessary for most cars but I'm curious to see who's doing what

3) What is the max load for your rescaled timing map? 280? 300? 320?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill contribute my info also to add to the thread.

1) My current max load is about 290-295 and Im only scaled to 260 although the tune is PERFECT

2) I have not yet seen the need to rescale the fuel map

3) The current map I am creating which is the same tune with a higher max load is 280 and Im going to go datalog it in a few mins

Thx
Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

i hope you know that both the ignition and fuel map, are RPM, and load based,

and they both follow the same RPM and load, so it dosent make sense to rescale one and not the other.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

That is about the easiest part of tuning to understand, its a basic x and y graph. Like I said before Im no newbie to tuning, so lets not make this thread about my qualifications.

You don't need to rescale both. For instance if at 5k rpm and 280load without a rescaled fuel map the ecu will just interpolate whatever value is set in the cell with the same rpm at 260 load instead of 280. As long as it works just as well (which is judged on each individual car during the tune) then you don't have to waste a bunch of time trying to average out values between cells to create new load columns. That is assuming you aren't creating a map from scratch and are working the existing map.