Notices
ECU Flash

log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2007, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only reason I can think of is emissions regulations. Most cars have an actual MAP sensor somewhere and it really makes no sense that the Evo does not.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twisted IX
I got my JDM 3 bar MAP sensor today. Thanks mrfred for the great service, communication and timely shipping. I also want to thank kreionic for his help. Kreionic helped me with some software issues and spent about two hours doing so. It is unbelievable that someone would take that kind of time with someone they don't even know to help sort out some software issues. I have a lot of respect for you man and I definitely owe you one, thanks again. Thanks to these guys I am on my way to more accurate and reliable tuning.
No problem man. I am glad that we got everything worked out and the sensor up and running and you logging
Old Sep 7, 2007, 03:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
... Do they use the ECU to control boost in Japan? ...
Yep. The JDM Evo 9 has two boost control solenoids. One is purportedely controlled using the JDM MAP sensor signal.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:09 AM
Ron
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Yep. The JDM Evo 9 has two boost control solenoids. One is purportedely controlled using the JDM MAP sensor signal.
I've wondered--what purpose does the 2nd solenoid serve, and why did Mitsu go through the effort of doing so, just for the JDM model?
Old Sep 8, 2007, 06:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Do they use a different ECU? If the HW is the same, can we just use their maps?
Old Sep 8, 2007, 06:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Do they use a different ECU? If the HW is the same, can we just use their maps?
Not sure what you mean. Which maps and for what?
Old Sep 8, 2007, 06:50 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If they use the ECU to control boost using the JDM MAP sensor, can you just load one of their boost maps? What does the second boost sensor you mentioned control?
Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

If they use the ECU to control boost using the JDM MAP sensor, can you just load one of their boost maps? What does the second boost sensor you mentioned control?
I believe it's two boost control solenoids, not two MAP sensors.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:22 PM
EvoM Guru

If they use the ECU to control boost using the JDM MAP sensor, can you just load one of their boost maps? ...
You're oversimplifying the situation. If it is true that the second BCS keys off the MAP sensor, then there must be another subroutine in the ROM handling the second BCS. As of yet, I haven't found that subroutine, and even if I did, it would not be easy to implement, and it may not even work in a desireable manner.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I think Mr. Murphy has taken residence in my car. I put the MAP in, flashed the changed ROM, and the car won't hold idle. I double checked my ROM (05 0011 ROM) and all of my tables match exactly to the tables posted. Has anyone seen a bad MAP yet? I am going to triple check it this morning and install again, but since it didn't work the first time (I was very careful in making sure the maps were right the first time) I am going to guess it won't work again. I tried it with the EGR test enabled and disabled as well to no avail. Don't know what is wrong here... Need some help!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You're oversimplifying the situation. If it is true that the second BCS keys off the MAP sensor, then there must be another subroutine in the ROM handling the second BCS. As of yet, I haven't found that subroutine, and even if I did, it would not be easy to implement, and it may not even work in a desireable manner.
Oh ok I get you. I didn't mean to oversimplify just trying to understand their architecture a little bit more. Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Do you have any sensors mrfred? If not whens the next shipment?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

i def need to do this
Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:36 AM
EvoM Guru

I have 5 JDM MAP sensors available now...
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tkklemann
Well, I think Mr. Murphy has taken residence in my car. I put the MAP in, flashed the changed ROM, and the car won't hold idle. I double checked my ROM (05 0011 ROM) and all of my tables match exactly to the tables posted. Has anyone seen a bad MAP yet? I am going to triple check it this morning and install again, but since it didn't work the first time (I was very careful in making sure the maps were right the first time) I am going to guess it won't work again. I tried it with the EGR test enabled and disabled as well to no avail. Don't know what is wrong here... Need some help!
I had a similar problem, never figured it out exactly, it had nothing to do with map mod, It was something weird in my rom, so i flashed a second modded rom into the computer and it was fine, it was like something changed on its own, but same problem, starting, stalling, then you had to manually keep the revs up. Try another saved version if you have it

Quick Reply: log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)