Notices
ECU Flash

log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are using the stock boost solenoid, you need the OEM boost hose assembly with the pills in it for it to make any boost. Without it, it will only make wastegate.
Old May 28, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got a x 3bar and able to log boost with the 96530006 Thanks I can also get away from load based ecu boost control whoo hoo
Old May 28, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Mr Fred PM me back regarding the 3bar MAP.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
something is wrong with me. im trying to add the info to my 0015 map in ecuflash 1.41 so i can setup the egr dissable and other features. its not working. can anyone help my dumb *** out.

i was under the impression that all the new ecuflashs had these already done.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
something is wrong with me. im trying to add the info to my 0015 map in ecuflash 1.41 so i can setup the egr dissable and other features. its not working. can anyone help my dumb *** out.

i was under the impression that all the new ecuflashs had these already done.
Go to the ECU WIKI and put the periphery bits table into your ECUflash and you should be able to disable the EGR from there...
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Go to the ECU WIKI and put the periphery bits table into your ECUflash and you should be able to disable the EGR from there...
i did that. i copyed and pasted the stuff that needed to be added to the 0015 map ''i have that map'' and it still wont show up.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Sick ordering a sensor asap!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Im assuming this is the right place to post my question, but if its not I apologize and let me know where i can move it to.

That being said I have the JDM MAP sensor installed on my car. Its been there for prob a year and a half at least. I had origianlly set it up with these instructions or so I thought for use with ECUflash and Mitsulogger.

I kind of left my car along for a year or so. Its been in storage for the better part of a year. Anyways Im trying to set up the stuff again. I had once before changed value in the ECU ROM that is on the car now. Ive since reformatted my computer wich deleted ecuflash and mitsulogger and the xml files associated with them.

So Im reading the instructions for changing the data.xml in mitsulogger and all i see is a RequestID.xml file in my Mitsulogger folder. The format of the code looks slightly different as well.

Also were are the instructions for modifying the ECUFlash files? Or do I even need to do this anymore?

I just want to be able to log boost again with mitsulogger.

On a side note I have the Inovate LC-1 but i see the new version of Mitsulogger doesnt support it? What version do I need so I can get Wideband AFR and Boost? 1.6 beta something or other i think was what i was using.

Thanks for any help guys!

-Ethan
Old Jun 17, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

I read many pages of this thread but did not find anything conclusive so I figured I'd ask......

Is approx. 33psi the max. the JDM map sensor can log? My tought is it might be due to 33.28709 showing up all over the place in my log just too coincidental. Anyway does anyone know of a good place to source a 3.5bar map or even the 5 bar? I understand there are different brands. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by oldevodude
I read many pages of this thread but did not find anything conclusive so I figured I'd ask......

Is approx. 33psi the max. the JDM map sensor can log? My tought is it might be due to 33.28709 showing up all over the place in my log just too coincidental. Anyway does anyone know of a good place to source a 3.5bar map or even the 5 bar? I understand there are different brands. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Omni 4 bar
Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I don't get it. How come the USDM comes with a 1bar when it needs at least a 3bar in order to properly log boost? I mean, it comes stock with 20.5psi so how the heck is it doing it stock?

By the way, is anybody using a GM 3bar MAP sensor instead of the JDM one? Is it setup any differently? I have one already since I'm using it to read boost to my PLX wideband. Can somebody tell me the equation to define the JDM MAP sensor's voltage to psi characteristics? If it' anything like the GM's, I can use it as a direct swap.

EDIT: After reading through the thread it appears that there have been some testing of the GM, but nothing crazy like actually disconnecting the USDM OEM sensor and splicing the GM into it. I might just have to try this with the values give in the OP.

Last edited by silex; Jun 18, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by silex
I don't get it. How come the USDM comes with a 1bar when it needs at least a 3bar in order to properly log boost? I mean, it comes stock with 20.5psi so how the heck is it doing it stock?
The USDM sensor is an MDP sensor for emissions only. It is there to verify the operation of the EGR. It isn't for logging boost.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Ah ok that makes sense then. Would love an answer to the second part of my question too
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
which instructions do I use for 96530706 ROM, aka 96530006?
Originally Posted by mrfred
Nothing special needs to be done if its a USDM car. Install the MAP sensor, and you'll be able to log boost in EvoScan.
So there is no voltage changes needed to the rom? Did a 3-bar map sensor come on this vehicle?

EDIT Found my answer. This rom was a EDM or european version so it did have a 3 bar sensor

Last edited by chmodlf; Jun 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by chmodlf
So there is no voltage changes needed to the rom? Did a 3-bar map sensor come on this vehicle?

EDIT Found my answer. This rom was a EDM or european version so it did have a 3 bar sensor
It is an EDM ROM, but those cars did not come with a MAP sensor at all. This means that is no code in the ROM pertaining to a MAP sensor, so there is nothing to change. The ADC input is still read by the ECU though, so its easy to log.

Quick Reply: log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)