Notices
ECU Flash

A/F Question and Log Review.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/F Question and Log Review.

I have been playing with my fuel maps quite a bit lately, due to my new Perrin Fuel Rail, PTE680's and FPR. The question I have for you guys is my LC1 data logs shows that I am running in the 10.0-10.6 AFR's under my loads of 200 and up. I have been trying to unsucessfully modify the AFR to bring it up to 11.0-11.5, but the changes I am making to my High Octane Fuel Tables don't seem to be making any difference. For example, my values started around 9.4 and I am all the way up to 9.9 no with seemingly no change. I have not touched the Low Octane Tables from stock, although only looked at them to make sure that they were lower than my high octane tables in case the car ran into some trouble. The low octane timing maps are stock too, and once again, just verified that in case of trouble, they are lower than the high octane maps. My latency tables are set to where my fuel trims are within 10% of EvoScan 100, and the car is running really well, but on the rich side. Am I missing something here? What am I doing wrong? Adjusting the values in my High octane maps don't change my A/F ratio in the peak torque areas, as seen in the datalog pulls. And don't worry about some of the blocking on the tables, as I am just trying to get my baselines down, then will tweak the individual values (cells) from there. (The tables are from Excel, as I am using my excel tables to look at them in graph form to do all of my smoothing out of the tables.) Maybe I just need to step back and take a breather? He he..

Anyhow, just as a reality check, I was wanting to ask you guys a favor: can you guys look at my most recent Fuel/Timing Maps along with my most recent data log pulls, could you briefly look it over and maybe shoot me some constructive feedback on if I am heading in the right direction?

Your assistance/advice/critiques is/are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by tkklemann; Nov 14, 2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
what is your fuel pressure set at? What is the scaling value and latency values you have setup for ecuflash?

Keep moving the fueling up, .5 isn't really that much, however it sounds as though you might have more work to do on the injectors in all reality.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

The latency values are as follows:

4.688v - 3.744
7.031v - 2.184
9.375v - 1.416
11.719v - 0.984
14.063v - 0.696
16.406v - 0.480
18.667v - 0.360

Fuel trims from latest data logs (For reference)
Low - 100
Mid - 101.56
High - 117.18

Fuel pressure according to the FPR gage is 33 psi, which is what
my service manual says it should. (Should it be different though?)

I have not checked what it is yet when I pull the vacuum line and
plug it.

My latest Flash Map is going to pull all the 9.9 values up to 10.2, and
keep going until I see the A/F start to change..

Any comments on the log and timing map?

Thanks ExViTermini.....
Old Apr 20, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

with the vacuum line off and plugged it should read 42 psi...just fyi

The fuel trims look good, latency is about right, but you never stated what you had them scaled at(the single 3 digit value).
Old Apr 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Eh, sorry about that. The injectors are scaled to 609 right now..
Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

one thing as well(I can't look at your logs on this computer..sorry), how much boost are you running? EVOScan will not have the load right with diff injector scaling unless you alter its calculation values, which I have not been able to properly figure out.

Therefore the cells your adjusting could be cells your not actually entering. Just a thought.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
one thing as well(I can't look at your logs on this computer..sorry), how much boost are you running? EVOScan will not have the load right with diff injector scaling unless you alter its calculation values, which I have not been able to properly figure out.

Therefore the cells your adjusting could be cells your not actually entering. Just a thought.

OK, I checked my fuel pressure last night with the vacuum line pulled, and with my finger on the nipple it read 42psi.. So I am good there.

Also, I was playing with my fuel trims (High Octane Fuel Map) and it seemingly started to work. During a 3rd gear pull, all of my AFR's were in the 11.1-11.4 range, but my higher loads from a 4th gear pull are in the *higher* 10's now. So, it *seems* as though I am going in the right direction. I just need to bring my A/F up in the higher RPM/Load's now..

I am hitting the Calculated load values of 200 up to 240 now.. Usually right in the 220-230 range.

BTW, I am running high 24-low 25 psi now (I think, On a DeFi B-Series gage).. The car isn't knocking (yet) from leaning out the AFR's.. So, I am making small .1-.2 changes in the table untill I see either knock begin (Which then I will reduce timing by 1-2 degrees) and continue to bring them up.. Once they are where I want them, then I will readjust the timing.. Sound OK?

Last edited by tkklemann; Apr 21, 2007 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Added load values I am hitting..
Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

ok, keep in mind that the defi guages read a few pounds off. So I judging by your load and the guage I would guestimate that you are running about 22 psi. 11.1-11.4 afr is perfectly fine for a daily driver with room for error. I usually tune them 11.3-11.5 on pump for good measure.

The a/f will differ b/w gear's b/c of the load on the engine, even though the load read by the ecu will be roughly the same. So tune for the a/f's in third gear, and you will be richer in 4th, leaner in 1/2, etc... it is fine.

Get your a/f where they need to be and leave them, then begin to work your timing. once you get in a knock zone pull a degree back till you show 0's, maybe a random 1.