Notices
ECU Flash

Help me decide which wideband

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me decide which wideband

So I'm in need of a wideband. I've narrowed it down to the AEM, Zeitronix (the still un-released gauge), and the Innovate XD-19 gauge. As of now, I'm leaning towards the AEM due to the price and the fact that I've read good things about it. Next up would be the Innovate but it's a bit more expensive ($399). Then comes the Zeitronix gauge that hasn't been released yet. I would prefer to go with the Zeitronix because I believe that they've got the best product of the three, however, I don't want to wait to long for it to come out. Most important,other than accuracy of course, would be compatibility with Evoscan. I know all three are supposed to be supported, but I was wondering if any one of them worked any better than any others. So, which should I get?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kierkegaard
So I'm in need of a wideband. I've narrowed it down to the AEM, Zeitronix (the still un-released gauge), and the Innovate XD-19 gauge. As of now, I'm leaning towards the AEM due to the price and the fact that I've read good things about it. Next up would be the Innovate but it's a bit more expensive ($399). Then comes the Zeitronix gauge that hasn't been released yet. I would prefer to go with the Zeitronix because I believe that they've got the best product of the three, however, I don't want to wait to long for it to come out. Most important,other than accuracy of course, would be compatibility with Evoscan. I know all three are supposed to be supported, but I was wondering if any one of them worked any better than any others. So, which should I get?
A gauge is not a wideband. I would recommend the ZT2 or Innovative WB. I personally have the ZT2 with boost sensor and am quite happy. I will likely be adding the EGT sensor soon as well. Best of luck...
Old Apr 21, 2007, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by cij911
A gauge is not a wideband. I would recommend the ZT2 or Innovative WB. I personally have the ZT2 with boost sensor and am quite happy. I will likely be adding the EGT sensor soon as well. Best of luck...
I understand that it's just a gauge, but I was under the impression that each one also had an output so that it could be utilized by evoscan. Am I wrong?
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

I have the LC-1 with XD-16 gauge. It does a very good job.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chmodlf
I have the LC-1 with XD-16 gauge. It does a very good job.
yup and it looks good to i mounted mine on the steering wheel column
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

zt2 has a lcd screen out that displays boost,egt,a/f. it all depends on the options u pay for. The gauge coming out as far as i know will only display boost.

contact scott (ttp-engineering) let him know I refer u see what he can do for u price wise.

I got mine and I couldn't be happier
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

FWIW, I bought the Innovate LC-1 with a *display* (Not a traditional gage style) from Dynotune I believe. It's just a small red digital readout, simply displaying a number and that's all. I like it because of simplicity, and I didn't need to accomodate another gage. (I already have three with the 42 draft design's panel in the radio, so it would have been necessary to buy a new gage pod and put it somewhere.)

My set-up works great, FWIW.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Innovative has a new gauge out for just the readout which you can use with your lm1 or lc1. It is called a db gauge. It is pretty nice and is only 99 dollars. I have an lm1 and I use it so I dont have the wideband out. Plus logworks 3 is coming out soon and it already supports the openport cable(ecuflash) in its current form. I do not think other widebands support that. http://innovatemotorsports.com/products/db.php
Old Apr 21, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Innovative has a new gauge out for just the readout which you can use with your lm1 or lc1. It is called a db gauge. It is pretty nice and is only 99 dollars. I have an lm1 and I use it so I dont have the wideband out. Plus logworks 3 is coming out soon and it already supports the openport cable(ecuflash) in its current form. I do not think other widebands support that. http://innovatemotorsports.com/products/db.php
that db guage from innovative does look really good
Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kierkegaard
I understand that it's just a gauge, but I was under the impression that each one also had an output so that it could be utilized by evoscan. Am I wrong?
Yes you need the wideband which actually determines your AFR...
Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

I also have the innovate lc1. Great product
Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:36 PM

Innovate LM1 gets my vote.

Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by cij911
Yes you need the wideband which actually determines your AFR...
Again, I understand that I will need a wideband. I'm just asking about a wideband that includes a gauge so that I can see my AFRs at all times but still be able to log them in evoscan.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

by the innovative db gauge it goes for $100 and it hooks up to the LM1
Old Apr 21, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

It should be noted, that the innovate LC-1/LM-1 is the fastest more accurate widband controller on the market. It uses the common Bosch LSU wideband o2s. It's what i use and will never use anything else.

CJ

Quick Reply: Help me decide which wideband