Notices
ECU Flash

Rear O2 removal (Fix?)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is what I wanted to do but my resonated test pipe has the bung in the wrong position and also caused a slight alignment issue with the exhaust. after flipping and spinning the pipe I reinstalled the non resonated pipe that doesn't have a bung. I have a cel elimination antifouler type setup on my desk from rrm. I also have the lc-1 that I could send a faux signal to the rear o2, but at the time my faulty boomslang harness was being sent back for repair. this was just being figured out and I thought I would give it a shot and besides it made for a clean install for the wb harness through the rear o2 grommet hole
Old Jun 2, 2007, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a little ghetto, but leave the sensor plugged into the harness, wrap it in tinfoil (a descent amount of it) and tie it under the car out of the way somewhere with metal ties. I did this in my Eclipse and it worked like a charm. No wiring hassle or reprogramming involved. I'm assuming the stock Evo sensor works in the same fashion as the DSM sensor did. They simply look for a difference in O2 compared to the front sensor to make sure the catalytic converter is working.