Notices
ECU Flash

Want to remove/disable your rear O2 sensor without a CEL? Here's how..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YELOEVOVIII
I just passed my emissions last week all i did was use a obd 2 scan tool and erased the cel and passed no problem

MODS
AMS STREET INTERCOOLER
AMS LICP
AMS DYNO AND TUNE
BLITZ MBC
BLITZ OPEN FILTER TOP
APS FULL 3"EXHAUST W/TEST PIPE
WALBRO FUEL PUMP
SAMCO COLD AIR PIPE
319AWHP
290AWTQ
Some states alternate OBD reading years.
One year they will plug in and check.
The next year they'll just visually check for the CEL.

If you just cleared the code the car will not pass a plug-in test. The catalytic converter system will show that it is not ready to be read. It will not show that it is acceptable.

The system needs to be run for a considerable amount of time before the system passes its check.

So if say you unplug the negative terminal on your battery to reset all codes and drive to get your inspection sticker...you won't pass because the catalytic converter system will not show that it is ready to test.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:52 AM

Is it possible to just leave the o2 sensor in and not have to worry about the heater thing? Basically just do this as an alternative to the mechanical fix?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by L80Killa87
Is it possible to just leave the o2 sensor in and not have to worry about the heater thing? Basically just do this as an alternative to the mechanical fix?
Yep
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chrisw
It's in the works. when you have your car in for an emmisions check, the ODB systems look for 2 parameters. there is a set condition that turns on the check engine light, and a second parameter which is the readiness code.

this patch currently disables the CEL, but also prevents the readiness code from being set. Without this, you will not pass emmissions.
This depends... In California we are able to pass cars with 2 monitors that are not "ready"... not sure how many monitors are in the evo but i can find out if there is a need to. So let's say there is 5 monitors we just need 3 to be ready and the car will pass as long as the cel is in the "off" positions... hell some cars never get ready but BAR knows this and exclude these cars.

SNA
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sna08
This depends... In California we are able to pass cars with 2 monitors that are not "ready"... not sure how many monitors are in the evo but i can find out if there is a need to. So let's say there is 5 monitors we just need 3 to be ready and the car will pass as long as the cel is in the "off" positions... hell some cars never get ready but BAR knows this and exclude these cars.

SNA

In Illinois, newer cars (I think 2003 and up) can only have 1 readiness test not ready and that one test cannot be the cat efficiency test.

Eric
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sna08

SNA
You won't pass.
There are 2 sensors.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 03:13 PM

Am I the only one who isn't getting the ecu periphery entry to come up in ecuflash?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Let me know which section in ECUFlash this comes up in, I'll check and let you know if I have it
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
You need to add a new definition to your .xml, I have found that the US and JDM models are the same so I suspect that the EDM will be as well. The definition address should be "faa" still.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Hi John

Apply 'faa' to which table?
Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Disable the Rear O2 routine in the ROM

Update the ECUFlash XML file located at: C:\ProgramFiles\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsu bishi\evo\ (insert your current rom here).xml

Using Notepad or other XML editor to include the following entry so the code ends like this:

<table name="ECU Periphery0" category="Misc" address="faa" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Hex16"/>
</rom>

In other words it will be the last entry in the file and will have that close tag near it ( </rom> )

Open ECUFlash v1.3 and your ROM image. Scroll down to the Misc section and locate the "ECU Periphery0" entry. If the value for this entry is "0x56DA," press "=" on your keyboard and type "0x56D8" (without quotes) and press Enter. If the value for this entry is "0x56DB," press "=" on your keyboard and type "0x56D9" (without quotes) and press Enter.

Save the ROM image and flash your ECU with the new file. IF the value is anything other than whats listed do not modify it. I have a feeling this will work on the EDM as well, but I dont have an EDM ROM to look at to check.

JB
Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:42 AM

Dunno what I was doing wrong but I got it to work now on a different rom. Cool trick thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

It just so happens I am quoting the very first post in this thread.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 03:48 PM

I realize that, I'm just stating that now I somehow got it to work.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
guys 88580014 (AUDM IX) I also get the P0125 code... (coolant tempature wouldn't allow closed loop)

I do believe we are changing the correct code, because if I trace it through the bit we are changing is INDEED related to rear o2... strange!

Quick Reply: Want to remove/disable your rear O2 sensor without a CEL? Here's how..