Notices
ECU Flash

My humble request of tuning experts

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007, 11:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
You really need to get everything working correctly in the boost tables.

You are on the right track. I would bring down the wgdc at the rpm you are spiking at until you don't see the spiking anymore, if your BDEL's are set correctly already.
Old May 9, 2007, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
You really need to get everything working correctly in the boost tables.

You are on the right track. I would bring down the wgdc at the rpm you are spiking at until you don't see the spiking anymore, if your BDEL's are set correctly already.
Might need to bring it down in the rpm one cell above where it is spiking as well no?

Brad what do you have your boost limit set at?

Last edited by codgi; May 9, 2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old May 10, 2007, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something else I blogged but didn't flag... during my "Boost Limit" testing, I ran into an interested phenomenon. Keep in mind that my BDEL table is maxed and i use a #58 Pill to control...

my WGDC from 2k to 3.5k has been 80 percent...always...never changed it after I found this was the general area I wanted to boost...BUT...I had my "Boost Limit" table erroneously set to 250 load across the board. When the load crossed 250 at 3.5k, its as if all other table were forgotten. It would continue boosting PAST 270 (close to 280) whereupon it would suddenly plummet to 210, then rise back to around 220, tapering normally. When I removed the BL table, my boost calmed down. my spike is consistantly 260, where I want it. There is no post-peak canyon, it just holds nicely til it tapers at about 6k.

What does this mean? It may sound counter-intuitive, but I would raise your boost limit table past your desired boost...not maxed out, but like 10-15 steps above it. this seemed to do the trick of eliminating BOTH overboost spike and cut for me.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Well that's an interesting theory on boost limit, but not the one I'm familiar with.

I thought the boost limit table (in combination with the boost limit timer) were the safety feature which brought the scary fuel cut.

For instance, mine is at 265 tapering to 245 at redline. So if my load were to stay over 265 for over a second (my boost limit delay), fuel cut would be reached.

It sounds like codgi and Titanium are implying that this is not the case or perhaps not the only purpose of these tables. Any other thoughts?
Old May 10, 2007, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
^^ I wasn't implying that at all . I was just curious to see what you had your boost limit set to.

Why I suggested lowering the WGDC table a cell above where the spike occurs is because from what I have read here, adjusting it at the rpm where the spike occurs might already be too late to prevent it from spiking.

I am meddling with my boost limit table right now. I have it set to 300 across the board with boost cut timer set to 1000ms.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by codgi
^^ I wasn't implying that at all . I was just curious to see what you had your boost limit set to.

Why I suggested lowering the WGDC table a cell above where the spike occurs is because from what I have read here, adjusting it at the rpm where the spike occurs might already be too late to prevent it from spiking.

I am meddling with my boost limit table right now. I have it set to 300 across the board with boost cut timer set to 1000ms.
Ah. Ok. I had just read Titanium's thread where he made that hypothesis (which I disagree with until I'm shown otherwise). Mine is 265 tapering to 245 at redline. Timer is 1000ms.

I am going to look at changing the WGDC...I'll report here when I find out if it works.