Notices
ECU Flash

Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from the research I have done on my own, I think the EGR and SAS share the same pinout on the ECU.

From what I have read, there are no SAS enabled EVO's with (operational) EGR valves... I am willing to bet that the air solenoid that drives the EGR is the same part that drives the SAS.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chrisw
from the research I have done on my own, I think the EGR and SAS share the same pinout on the ECU.

From what I have read, there are no SAS enabled EVO's with (operational) EGR valves... I am willing to bet that the air solenoid that drives the EGR is the same part that drives the SAS.
I have SAS on my car...
EGR and SAS do not share the same pin.
They do not share the same solenoid
I dont know if my EGR is disabled or not, but we never touched that part when doing the ecu or install of the parts. So I am 99.9999% sure that it is enabled.

Whether the solenoid that works with SAS is the same that works with the EGR...definetely possible. SAS sensor is nothing special.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is SAS sensor for? Where is it located? What does it do?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

SAS=Secondary Air System

SAS sensor actuates the SAS valve. SAS valve allows air from upper IC pipe into exhaust manifold-->mild form of antilag
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Maikumaru
SAS=Secondary Air System

SAS sensor actuates the SAS valve. SAS valve allows air from upper IC pipe into exhaust manifold-->mild form of antilag
That is clear.. ok i will paraphrase my question..

What does "SAS sensor" sense\measure? And where is it located in the engine bay?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

SAS sensor measures nothing. Perhaps I should say SAS solenoid...sorry english failure

The SAS solenoid stock position is under the intake manifold with SAS equipped cars
positioned next to the Vaccum Tank
Old Sep 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

SAS sensor measures nothing. Perhaps I should say SAS solenoid...sorry english failure

The SAS solenoid stock position is under the intake manifold with SAS equipped cars
positioned next to the Vaccum Tank
Oh that makes things clear for me now) I thought I overlooked some kind of sensor. So we just mean a solenoid (Evo8 pin 53?) that controls vacuum line to SAS valve?

Seems like we could use SAS valve with all needed piping even without this solenoid and archieve ALS effect on every lift off (+ properly mapped lift off areas in fuel and ignition maps)...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Biggy VIII
Oh that makes things clear for me now) I thought I overlooked some kind of sensor. So we just mean a solenoid (Evo8 pin 53?) that controls vacuum line to SAS valve?

Seems like we could use SAS valve with all needed piping even without this solenoid and archieve ALS effect on every lift off (+ properly mapped lift off areas in fuel and ignition maps)...
to use stock bits you need a solenoid...SAS solenoid is easiest way to go.

you are a little late to the party...but correct....what you mentioned has been thought of by a number of people on here...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Going to use something like this for the throttle kicker (for cars not equipped with the factory SAS hardware) and put it on a switch-

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...097_0194141999
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
So I have been thinking about this again, the ECU side is easy, the thing was hardware of some form or no go right?

So we use a Ford throttle kicker from I think anything that had EEC engine control like this-

http://www.tedfelix.com/1984Topaz/tks.htm

Switch and relay for control, either adjust the main map or wire the electric side to the ALS pin as outlined earlier in this thread. We'll need to add a solenoid to the vacuum side as well I believe to make sure that you can "lock" that side open then add the electrical or vise versa. From what I have read we only need between 12 and 20* of additional TPS for airflow.

ideas?
I'm thinking a lot of about it too.

With V7 for Evo 9 "Max Timing Retard set to -20 degrees (tephra)" coud be enough but If can retard somehow more than it will be good. For Evo 8 can we retard timing -20 degrees too ?

The main problem is the ful cut when you let of the throttle pedal.. MrFred or somebody what do you think can we stay open the injectors ?
As like real 2step launch control is working much better if we do it by ignition cut instead of fuel cut. In the other topics post a video about it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBHA...layer_embedded

Dynatek arc-2 ignition cut set the launch rev limiter like 6000rpm the tephra stationary rev limit is off ( set to 8000rpm ) than you can give fuel without fuel cut and retard ignition in the launch maps
ALS poping and boost will be much more with fuel .

The +air :

by throttle kicker we need fuel cut or spark cut to not rev up the engine high and will get rally style idle like in the #429 posted video. Can we control it by fuel cut like the NLTS, desired idle rpm 1000 fuel cut turn on 1200rpm ? In the middle of this pages posted something like that for idle controlling by spark cut :

here

Or do we know about cdi have idle control ?

WRC style SAS ?! :

On Big banjos and line goes the air in the exhaust manifold.

http://lancerregister.com/attachment...1&d=1266649815

http://lancerregister.com/attachment...1&d=1266649877

http://lancerregister.com/attachment...1&d=1266650800

With real throttle kicker als the brake servo vacum pump can not operate so you will need electric type .
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

I am running Anti-lag on my stock Evo VI ecu now, but it only works with the 2step.

No idea how it's coded to work, but I can select upto -27° and change the afr value whilst it is active too.

It was coded by Ceddy
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cossie1
I am running Anti-lag on my stock Evo VI ecu now, but it only works with the 2step.

No idea how it's coded to work, but I can select upto -27° and change the afr value whilst it is active too.

It was coded by Ceddy

wow -27?
Since it is in conjunction with 2 step...
I take it the gas is completely depressed at a standstill with first gear selected?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

wow -27?
Since it is in conjunction with 2 step...
I take it the gas is completely depressed at a standstill with first gear selected?
Yes gas pedal to the floor and it's active under the preset speed (on my car this is set to 2mph / kph).

I only run -5° at the moment, and this builds approx 15psi boost which is plenty to get a 2.2 stroker with a GT35 off the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAkJ-7-gPs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ly4zmoB6s

Last edited by cossie1; Sep 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Dont make a mess of ALS and 2-step. Its two completely different functions.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 06:16 PM

Why can't we get the OEM hardware?

Why can't we get the OEM hardware that Mitsu uses and put it on a USDM Evo? With all the stock ECU expertise out there I would think this could be accomplished with the mitsu hardware and ECU. Am I missing something? I would love to have this feature like many and I have seen OEM ALS system hardware for sale on here.

Originally Posted by cossie1

It was coded by Ceddy

Quick Reply: Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly