Notices
ECU Flash

Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by turbooutlaw1976
Why can't we get the OEM hardware that Mitsu uses and put it on a USDM Evo? With all the stock ECU expertise out there I would think this could be accomplished with the mitsu hardware and ECU. Am I missing something? I would love to have this feature like many and I have seen OEM ALS system hardware for sale on here.
Availability, getting our brethen overseas to ship it seems to be an issue. So is timing, like they have the parts and we dont have the money (and vice versa). I think I have another hardware solution that doesnt even involve a throttle kicker. I am going to test in the next few weeks/months.

aaron
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by turbooutlaw1976
Why can't we get the OEM hardware that Mitsu uses and put it on a USDM Evo? With all the stock ECU expertise out there I would think this could be accomplished with the mitsu hardware and ECU. Am I missing something? I would love to have this feature like many and I have seen OEM ALS system hardware for sale on here.
My car doesn't have any of the OEM SAS system fitted
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cossie1
My car doesn't have any of the OEM SAS system fitted
Mine does though :-)
If I remember correctly Cossie helped a great deal some time ago

check it out
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-hardware.html
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

There seems to be a little missunderstang of how ALS differs from 2-step. While alot alike in the aspects of their parts to the equations the formulas are alot different in its calculation for the same effect. 2-step takes your 3 parts of air, fuel, and timing to build boost as does AL, but where the formulas differ is that AL builds boost with the air component not running through the head, thus allowing the engine to be at really any given rpm, if the parameters are met, can and will make positive charge pipe pressure. 2-step on the other hand requires air through the head making positive manifold pressure on a none loaded engine that is consuming the pressure as it's made. Because of 2-steps structure, it can on be accomplished at a complete stop or at slight roll somewhat safely. AL is nice in the fact that turbo shaft speeds will stay up generating positive pressure in the charge pipes with less air in the equation and the throttle plate closed. AL can be done like 2-step with air from the head but a efficient ALS will have a positive charge waiting behind the throttle plate.

The biggest thing missing for us US guys is air, the fuel and timing can be done but getting proper air injection in theory is easy, but not tested...... Yet. US fellows and none jdm models don't give up yet bc with everyones contribution thus far we are def. On to something. Hopefully that something will be tested in the next month or so, like everyone else finding time in a busy schedule is hard to do at times I do want to say thanks to everyone that is contributing
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

There is no confusion...
posting anything regarding 2 step causes confusion.

What are you talking about it is not tested? I have put the SAS system in my car and it works...
I live in California and drive a USDM evo 9...

Another guy did it in Colorado as well I think...
Old Oct 1, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Notice I said ALS not SAS, I did read the thread. If there is no confusion then i guess the videos posted on the previous page are ALS not 2-step, and the post by cossie1 dosnt say" My car doesn't have any of the OEM SAS system fitted."

I'm talking about a setup for those who may not be able to get the full SAS setup, I understand u have it and it works as it should. Maybe asking a question before making a statement would be a better course of action for u next time u don't understand a post, otherwise it makes u sound like an a$$. Just my two cents, and if u arent interested bc u have the factory SAS then just ignore the post or i can just start a new one just for u, if that would make u feel better
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoRS06
Notice I said ALS not SAS, I did read the thread. If there is no confusion then i guess the videos posted on the previous page are ALS not 2-step, and the post by cossie1 dosnt say" My car doesn't have any of the OEM SAS system fitted."

I'm talking about a setup for those who may not be able to get the full SAS setup, I understand u have it and it works as it should. Maybe asking a question before making a statement would be a better course of action for u next time u don't understand a post, otherwise it makes u sound like an a$$. Just my two cents, and if u arent interested bc u have the factory SAS then just ignore the post or i can just start a new one just for u, if that would make u feel better
?????
last time I checked the thread is about anti lag on stock ecu.
Just so happens with stock Sas bits it can be made to work. So SAS install is directly related. We don't need your lecture on the difference between two step and als on page 31...

If you are wanting full fletched als, good for you. You will need aftermarket ecu along with some sort of air source/piping...stock ecu will not get you the negative timing required to hold boost.

gl
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Negative -20 degrees is plenty to keep shaft speed up and full AL can be acheived with stock ecu hence the post " not yet tested." No lecture just trying to offer information, but like I said last post if ur not interested ignor it
Old Oct 2, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Availability, getting our brethen overseas to ship it seems to be an issue. So is timing, like they have the parts and we dont have the money (and vice versa). I think I have another hardware solution that doesnt even involve a throttle kicker. I am going to test in the next few weeks/months.

aaron
What is that hardware ?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

The biggest thing missing for us US guys is air, the fuel and timing can be done but getting proper air injection in theory is easy, but not tested...... Yet.
How can we add fuel ? How can we stay open the injectors @ decel ?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by VGergo
What is that hardware ?
I am going to use a solenoid to divert air around the closed throttle body.

Originally Posted by VGergo
How can we add fuel ? How can we stay open the injectors @ decel ?
In the IX at least we have control of the decel fuel timer, but in general it cant ever drop lower than 10-30% load. It's not something I normally look at so I will have to go back and see.

The other option is that if the solenoid is active and the ECU is looking for an open switch the anti lag software is there. The issue has just been getting air to it which I believe I have solution for that doesnt involve the factory SAS hardware.

It is untested so we'll see what happens.

Aaron
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Negative -20 degrees is plenty to keep shaft speed up and full AL can be acheived with stock ecu hence the post " not yet tested." No lecture just trying to offer information, but like I said last post if ur not interested ignor it
reading failure again;

most anyone can get with stock ecu is -10

I thought I was -20 but logging only shows -10 as everyone else on here has experienced.

I have read through these threads countless times...stock ecu cant handle more than -10 unless I am missing something
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maikumaru
reading failure again;

most anyone can get with stock ecu is -10

I thought I was -20 but logging only shows -10 as everyone else on here has experienced.

I have read through these threads countless times...stock ecu cant handle more than -10 unless I am missing something
a patch was written to enable -27deg iirc
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
a patch was written to enable -27deg iirc
stand corrected. Is it on Tephra's threads?
Are you sure it is not just for 2-step?

Do you have the link?
Searching myself

Last edited by Maikumaru; Oct 4, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

best I could find is here...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...d-limit-9.html

same thing I went through...
and seemingly not verifiable..

Ill take a closer look, but not very optimistic on this one.

Last edited by Maikumaru; Oct 4, 2010 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly