Notices
ECU Flash

Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laramie_05MR
I'll use some of the banjo bolts off the cars I work on. I just wasn't sure if having the holes too big would have an adverse effect.
Ive cross drilled and enlarged the original holes...allows more air. As long as that banjo bolt seals on the exhaust manifold you should be golden.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoRS06
The system uses a solenoid, just not the sas one. For the banjo bolts I used Nissan 240 powersteering ones, the hex has to be "trimmed" a bit, but they have bigger holes than the sas ones and because I put the hardware on late one night I couldnt buy any crush washers so I used regular ones, and to my surprise they work very well with only a slight leak on the number 3&4 cylinder side.
Ah very cool, you mentioned you did not pin it to the ECU...How did you get around that?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Maikumaru
Ive cross drilled and enlarged the original holes...allows more air. As long as that banjo bolt seals on the exhaust manifold you should be golden.
Exactly right it just allows more to be injected.

And as far as the solenoid goes I know it seems like I'm holding out, I just want to share everything at once. I promise as soon as I can can get the tables I need written and tested, everything will be posted on here in detail. I have been testing, or I should say fiddling with this for two years now and the last thing I wanna do is put it out saying everything is good to go when there some tweaking to be done. I mean if I can get a coder to write me the tables before next Tuesday then I can have the whole setup tested and posted by Wed. morning

And if u guys got the hardware, all u need is the bov, tubes and banjo bolts, then basically when I have the tables u will only need to do a little setup and that's it, full functional anti-lag!!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly right it just allows more to be injected.

And as far as the solenoid goes I know it seems like I'm holding out, I just want to share everything at once. I promise as soon as I can can get the tables I need written and tested, everything will be posted on here in detail. I have been testing, or I should say fiddling with this for two years now and the last thing I wanna do is put it out saying everything is good to go when there some tweaking to be done. I mean if I can get a coder to write me the tables before next Tuesday then I can have the whole setup tested and posted by Wed. morning

And if u guys got the hardware, all u need is the bov, tubes and banjo bolts, then basically when I have the tables u will only need to do a little setup and that's it, full functional anti-lag!!
I already have anti lag on my car with SAS parts...I am just curious on how you did it without the solenoid and what not. It has always been conjecture about how it can be done without that solenoid, but looks like you accomplished it without it...good for you guys.

I purchased evo 7 manifold and solenoid from japan, and evo 9 tubing and valve from UK (among other things as well which I forget now)

There is a guy in Japan who can do ALS with stock ECU also...
this is what he sent me; but he does not use ecuflash, so he has super secret sauce...maybe one of these trips I will get the chance to meet up with him...dosnt seem to aggresive though...but coo nevertheless

CT9A EVO8のOEM ALSのビデオです。
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbNdHJFclk

BOV-->you mean the SAS valve right?

Really cool about the 7 psi though...I wonder what is going on with my setup then...
Ill keep quiet and wait for your post, no worries!

Last edited by Maikumaru; Feb 16, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

I have everything setup from factory (JDM 7)
Banjo's are drilled from 3mm to 7mm.
All tables are modded, but still nothing.

Apparently its due to the EGR being open same time as SAS valve.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Have u disabled the egr through the MUT?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, seems like a lot of work. All I have to do is plug in lap top and setup the anti lag function to produce what ever boost I want, have it turn on after a certain RPM is reached and have it turn back off after what ever amount of time or RPM I would like it to turn off at. Autronic FTW!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
On your autronic what do you use for the throttle kicker? A Ford Falcon IAC or a solenoid. If its the IAC/solenoid we have another option for that as well. My car is using just the IAC and an optional "kicker" solenoid. Andrew's is more intense...makes me jealous actually
Old Feb 17, 2011, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

Have u disabled the egr through the MUT?
I haven't mate, what MUT address is it?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sorry i meant change the periphery bits. Just look in the sticky thread of Important ECU Thread Links.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
On your autronic what do you use for the throttle kicker? A Ford Falcon IAC or a solenoid. If its the IAC/solenoid we have another option for that as well. My car is using just the IAC and an optional "kicker" solenoid. Andrew's is more intense...makes me jealous actually
I honestly can't remember mate, I do know that the Falcon part took air in a 1inch hose from the intake manifold and inserted it pre t/b.
Flicked a switch that was setup to the ECU and suddenly revs rose to ~1500, and the idle was much angrier.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Then that sounds like a throttle kicker setup
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Benja
I honestly can't remember mate, I do know that the Falcon part took air in a 1inch hose from the intake manifold and inserted it pre t/b.
Flicked a switch that was setup to the ECU and suddenly revs rose to ~1500, and the idle was much angrier.
Then that sounds like a throttle kicker setup
Sounds identical to mine...I knew I wasnt original on that idea. I think thats more or less how my STi was with the Falcon IAC.

Aaron
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah the local guy that supplied/installed it ~6 years ago, is an Autronic fanatic.
Has been supplying/installing/tuning 4G rallycars around Australiasia for decades.

Good mate owns the car now, i'll take some snaps of the setup next time I see the car.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry i meant change the periphery bits. Just look in the sticky thread of Important ECU Thread Links.
Just checked my ROM, Periphey FAA (bit.11) is disabled (set to 0) already, assuming this is the bit you disabled as well?

EDIT: oops, just re-checked, and its the opposite, disable is set to 1 is how I understand it.

Last edited by Benja; Feb 18, 2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: recheck

Quick Reply: Evo anti-lag ECU disassembly