Notices
ECU Flash

Custom made pills

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What size pill do you think would be needed if I wanted to run around 28-30 psi?

Has anyone done this much boost on stock BCS?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Once you really get up there in boost and the ability to hold a little more up top, you would be running a smaller hole.

From my findings, the smaller the hole, the more sensitive it is to WGDC inputs and the more 'inconsistant' it can be.

I've found that upgrading the solenoid at that level gives you much better control.

I run the GM boost solenoid on my personal evo that I have tuned for over 25 psi+

From a 'tuners' stand point, the GM solenoid is much much easier to tune than the stock solenoid, no matter what pill size it's using.

I usually recommend a upgraded pill to most people that are running pump gas most of the time and a upgraded solenoid to people that are running higher octane and higher boost levels most of the time.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the following people interested in pills:

1. Juyanith
2. evo ippo
3. pd1
4. xk120
5. andebre
6. Roger Smith

Since I am going to keep one of each for myself, once the pills are ready the first people in line will choose what pill they want. So let us say the first 4 guys all want one # 65 pill, they will get them and then the 5th person in line will get the # 63 pill and so would number 6 untill those are gone. If they want more than one pill, then they will wait until all the 6 people on the list have picked a pill and then you can pick again.

If you do not want a number 65 pill, then that pill will go to the next person in line.

IMO, the 65, 63, and 60 pills are withing a hair of each other when it comes to WGDC adjustments. So any of these would work fine provided you know what you are doing.

Sounds Fair.

Last edited by nj1266; Jun 6, 2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

I am in.

SQ
Old Jun 6, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't buying a jet kit from ebay or Dennis Kirk for a motorcycle carb be way cheaper?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Once you really get up there in boost and the ability to hold a little more up top, you would be running a smaller hole.

From my findings, the smaller the hole, the more sensitive it is to WGDC inputs and the more 'inconsistant' it can be.

I've found that upgrading the solenoid at that level gives you much better control.

I run the GM boost solenoid on my personal evo that I have tuned for over 25 psi+

From a 'tuners' stand point, the GM solenoid is much much easier to tune than the stock solenoid, no matter what pill size it's using.

I usually recommend a upgraded pill to most people that are running pump gas most of the time and a upgraded solenoid to people that are running higher octane and higher boost levels most of the time.
You mind giving any insite on how you are running the gm solenoid?? I have one sitting in my storage closet from my old civic that I had on aem.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by mchuang
You mind giving any insite on how you are running the gm solenoid?? I have one sitting in my storage closet from my old civic that I had on aem.
PM me, as this is NJ's thread.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Like I said in my earlier post I'm in please add my name to the list(maybe it wasn't clear). 65 or 63 please and once price is firmed maybe I can buy more than one.

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

1. Juyanith
2. oldevodude
3. evo ippo
4. pd1
5. xk120
6. andebre
7. Roger Smith

Sorry I missed you oldevodude. According to the timstamp on your post, you are number 2 on the list
Old Jun 7, 2007, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

I'm in for a pill.

Razorlab - I have used the GM solenoid to control boost on my WRX. It was not that easy to get it dialed in. In fact the boot would wander up and down a bit.

If I wanted to run say 29 psi, with a gm solenoid, what size pill would you suggest?
Have you gotten boost to be smooth with the GM solenoid?

Last edited by dudical26; Jun 7, 2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
I'm in for a pill.

Razorlab - I have used the GM solenoid to control boost on my WRX. It was not that easy to get it dialed in. In fact the boot would wander up and down a bit.

If I wanted to run say 29 psi, with a gm solenoid, what size pill would you suggest?
Have you gotten boost to be smooth with the GM solenoid?
I forgot what post it was, but he has shown his boost curve a couple times in the ecuflash forum, and it is pretty dam sexy lol
Old Jun 7, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

1. Juyanith
2. oldevodude
3. evo ippo
4. pd1
5. xk120
6. andebre
7. Roger Smith
8. dudical26

Updated list
Old Jun 7, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a guy from cobb came down to our local shop... he makes his own pills with a dremel tool and the mini drill bits... apparently its very easy. the cost to make pills to him is less than a $ each....

its cool that you are helping everyone else out though, for those that may not want to attempt to do this. but maybe you can use this info to drive the price down to you
Old Jun 7, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
a guy from cobb came down to our local shop... he makes his own pills with a dremel tool and the mini drill bits... apparently its very easy. the cost to make pills to him is less than a $ each....

its cool that you are helping everyone else out though, for those that may not want to attempt to do this. but maybe you can use this info to drive the price down to you
There is the right way and the cheap way to do this. I want to do it the right. I do not see how someone with a drill bit and a dremel tool can create a pill with a venturi effect just like the Works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect
Old Jun 7, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

NJ is this pill for replacing the solenoid side or the turbo side.

Quick Reply: Custom made pills