Notices
ECU Flash

USDM vesus EDM!!! changes in the ecu map!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb USDM vesus EDM!!! changes in the ecu map!!!

Hello, I would like to know which is the difference between US EVO9s and European EVO9s??? I see a lot of differences in the Ecu maps!! I know that european evo 9s have 280 hp and usa ones have 286 hp. Is that right?
Does anyone tried to import the map from an us stock rom to an european stock rom? only fuel, boost and some other related to these.. please respond i'm really curious!!!!
Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

If you guys need any help from this side of the planet let me know. i have an edm IX.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Why would need to copy for? Tuning the USDM map will yield far better results, no need to copy.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Why would need to copy for? Tuning the USDM map will yield far better results, no need to copy.
How have you come to this conclusion?
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

To answer the OP. I remember JCS pointing out that some of the UK cars have a different solenoid setup than the US. So copying the boost may/may not work.

Copying over the timing/fuel maps should be ok, but you'll have to adjust them to whatever the octane rating of your fuel is.

Just get a USDM rom, open it, open yours and copy the fuel/timing values across. This is much safer than flashing a full rom that is not meant for your ECU into your car.

I honestly feel the best bet is to just log the car as is now. And change the original map to best work with your fuel/boost.

My 20 cents.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codgi
How have you come to this conclusion?
For one thing if your knowledgable enough you do not need to copy information off another map to yours to yeild a result. Second there are very few differences between the maps, IIRC, Timing, Fuel, and the Maf Scaling. For the most part thoseare tuned for the higher octane fuel available there.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

For one thing if your knowledgable enough you do not need to copy information off another map to yours to yeild a result. Second there are very few differences between the maps, IIRC, Timing, Fuel, and the Maf Scaling. For the most part thoseare tuned for the higher octane fuel available there.
This still doesn't tell us why tuning the USDM map on an EDM car will "yield far better results". You yourself have said that you can make the changes on the EDM map, so doesn't that imply that you can get the same results regardless of the origin of the map? .
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

No you misunderstood me, i said it would not make sense to put the EDM Map on a USDM map when you can simply tune the UDSM from scratch and yeild better results than just putting the EDM on a UDSM.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

No you misunderstood me, i said it would not make sense to put the EDM Map on a USDM map when you can simply tune the UDSM from scratch and yeild better results than just putting the EDM on a UDSM.
I think its a bit of misunderstanding all around. Hes not trying to put on an EDM map on an USDM ECU. Hes trying to go the other way around i.e he wants to know if it makes sense to put an USDM map on an EDM ECU. His car is EDM model (look at his location and his original post) so what your saying doesn't make any sense in this case.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

yes, codgi, you are right, i'm curious about that 8 hp difference between edm and usdm and i think is because of the differences in the maps!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mscorei
yes, codgi, you are right, i'm curious about that 8 hp difference between edm and usdm and i think is because of the differences in the maps!
Timing and fuel may be different because I would imagine they target different average fuel octanes. Of course some of those hp numbers are "gentlemen" numbers so its quite possible that if both cars ran the same octane gas they might very well put down similiar numbers.

One way to find out...copy the timing/fuel tables and let us know
Old Sep 5, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EDM has different setup.
-Higher oct fuel
-Kind of OEM Bang bang
-More pollution restrictions
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:04 PM

There's even a sign on our tank cap saying "98 octane or higher only!" - and basically that's what we all use for our EVOs around here (Romania/Europe).
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

i wish we had higher than 91 at the pump here in so cal USA

Quick Reply: USDM vesus EDM!!! changes in the ecu map!!!