Notices
ECU Flash

how-to: ECU-based direct boost control

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008 | 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Its definitely not something related to a particular ROM. The overall tendency to overshoot is due to the changes in air temperature. How much it overshoots is a combination of how boost control is tuned and the hardware setup. tephra will have a fix in his next ROM series.
yea, I kind of figured that we are jsut at the limits with what we have to work with, not too worried about it as right foot can always regulate boost

Thanks to you and to tephra for all the work on the ECU. I am sure I speak for many in saying we always appreciate and look forward to future developments!
Old Dec 23, 2008 | 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

I am running the GM BCS.
I will try to zero out total max upward correction vs. tps and see if that help me. + Correction is still turned off, as Im still working on the tune. I just Lowered WGDC 3% @ peak, and now Im back in range.
Out here in Cali, most of us dont have to worry about temp. change, as its usually minimal, but I just had a dramatic change in the temp. and noticed that a big difference in temp. will cause quite a difference in boost. I can just imagine how it is for those that have to deal w/ real dramatic temp. swings...

I think it woud be wise to have seperate tunes for cold and warm weather.
Old Dec 23, 2008 | 01:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nonschlont

I think it woud be wise to have seperate tunes for cold and warm weather.
Nah, that won't be necessary. tephra's next ROM will fix the issue.
Old Dec 23, 2008 | 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Nah, that won't be necessary. tephra's next ROM will fix the issue.
Hint hint anyone....
Old Dec 23, 2008 | 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

yet another reason to get excited... Good stuff!
Old Dec 30, 2008 | 08:08 PM
Account Disabled

well my thread isn't getting any attention so I guess I'll start asking questions in here......good night fellow Evomr's.
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

check your xml something isnt right with it.
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 09:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tnt1106
check your xml something isnt right with it.
Are you talking about my xml? The data xml for Evoscan? Please let me know.
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
Are you talking about my xml? The data xml for Evoscan? Please let me know.

yes you should have more settings in alt maps. re read mrfreds guide.
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 02:54 PM
Account Disabled

oh, ok. I'll double check....well more like check for the 10th time!!!!! I'm a slow learner.
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tnt1106
yes you should have more settings in alt maps. re read mrfreds guide.
Wait, do you mean EcuFlash? I'm wondering if I should just attach my roms to this thread and you guys look at them. Here's the software I'm using to see if you know of any compatability issues that may cause any problem.

Operating System: Windows Vista
Evoscan Version: v2.2
Ecuflash Version: 1.40.2178

In order to modify my ROMS(xml files) I'm having to actually remove the file from the particular folder that it resides in and put it on my desktop. I then open it in NOTEPAD and copy all the info from the thread and paste it into the ROM. I then save it and return it to it's folder. I've tried to open the ROMS in notepad as they sit in their respective folders and edit them but when I go to save it I end up with some type of error and cannot save which is why I just throw it on my desktop to do the editing. I hope this helps a little.
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
Wait, do you mean EcuFlash? I'm wondering if I should just attach my roms to this thread and you guys look at them. Here's the software I'm using to see if you know of any compatability issues that may cause any problem.

Operating System: Windows Vista
Evoscan Version: v2.2
Ecuflash Version: 1.40.2178

In order to modify my ROMS(xml files) I'm having to actually remove the file from the particular folder that it resides in and put it on my desktop. I then open it in NOTEPAD and copy all the info from the thread and paste it into the ROM. I then save it and return it to it's folder. I've tried to open the ROMS in notepad as they sit in their respective folders and edit them but when I go to save it I end up with some type of error and cannot save which is why I just throw it on my desktop to do the editing. I hope this helps a little.
I have read your other thread, and responded... The direct boost control patch needs to be edited in the "ecuflash rometadata file in the folder" and for the WGDC Correction, this needs to be added to your Evoscan rometadata .xml file in the folder.

You need to open up the program from the location in the comp.!
Example: Comp. / Program Files / Ecuflash / etc. get to your .xml's, make copies, drag the copy out to the desktop, make necessary changes, drag back into folder, delete the "_copy" from the name, take out the original, save in another folder "original .xml files" and you should be good to go!
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 04:09 PM
Account Disabled

hey nonschlont, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I'm a Rookie when it comes to all of this. I'll pm you my email address and maybe you can send me your xml's for Ecuflash and Evoscan.
Old Dec 31, 2008 | 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

I just wanted to say thank you. This boost control rocks!
Old Jan 1, 2009 | 01:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Mrfred, just wondering if you ever had a chance to look at the 96420011 rom for ECU controlled boost support. I know you have been working on some other kick *** stuff so i hope i am not pestering.
Mrfred, just a friendly reminder. I know tephra is definitely releasing V6 for this version.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: how-to: ECU-based direct boost control