Notices
ECU Flash

Scott @ TTP - FLASH RETUNE W/ WIDEBAND READINGS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, well im scheduled to be back on the dyno this friday. Honestly im just hoping for at least the same whp#s but w/ the lean spot gone. BUT i'll take a marginal gain as a bonus!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
wow that sucks about dynojets. so the "newer" dynos are based more off the traditional calculations?
Old Sep 29, 2007, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

ok, well got back from yet another dyno session... and not good. For some strange reason, the car started to knock real bad. 12 counts after 5krpm.. averaging 5-8 counts everywhere else. I mean BAD... Since it was pulling timing, i lost whp and resulted in a weak 282whp! Down from my 1st pulls of 304.9whp. For the record, it can NOT be the TTP FLASH.. since i ran the good pull w/ it. And i didnt have any knock w/ it either... SOOooo im trying to figure out what the heck happened since my last pull? ANY ideas from anyone would be GREAT, because im stumped. No check engine lights or diagnostic trouble codes. Injector pulse width drops just when it goes into a lean spot after 5krpm to about 6500rpm. But it did that on the good run to w/out knock. So my problem is two-fold... 1) i have a strange lean spot between 5200rpm-6500rpm and richening the map doesnt do anything. (figure its gotta be something else now) and 2) now i have tons of knock everywhere... (have no clue why this is happening)... but im also running almost .5 afr leaner everywhere on the SAME map... ????

I have Scott reviewing my datalogs and dyno sheets w/ AFR/boost/pwr etc... Since i do not think its the flash now... anyone have ANY ideas what could have happened? Seems like noone has gone through this... (ive searched, still searching forums...) so aggravating since the car was running SO GOOD last week!
Old Sep 29, 2007, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the CEL light on?

Did you visit a different gas station?

What intake again?

**Nevermind, I looked it up.**

In reviewing the information its occured to me that this garbage HKS RS intake filter is screwing up the MAF signal about 80 kilopascals in load.

Just sent you a new map that should clear up this situation. If you decide to get a quality K&N conical filter at another time, you will need to be reflashed for the normal filter.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Sep 29, 2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Scott! im at the office right now, but i'll flash it in a couple hours and let you know. Hmm, so since it "was" working fine before... you think the MAF is getting a bad signal this week because of the filter? (assuming it got dirty) Nevermind, i guess you know.. after seeing my logs. Sorry, im not too knowledgeable reading these things, but im learning. OK, will do and will let you know how it goes!

-Tom
Old Sep 29, 2007, 10:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually I think your boost lowered a psi or two. Putting you in load cells way out of range of a normal intake air filter.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

thx Scott for sending me that richened up map... but its logging exactly the same. 12-13 counts knock after 5krpm... right when it does the lean dip. other knock scattered everywhere around 4-8 counts. I really think now, that it cant be the flash since i was knock free on the base one too. Ever since this weird thing happened and we added fuel... it still knocks. Something else mustve gone wrong, im racking my brain trying to figure it out... Well, i FINALLY got some diagnostic trouble codes during the logs just now. Barometric Pressure(i know this is frm the MAF) but this one troubled me... Injector Circuit ?? Maybe this is what is causing the lean/knock condition? I know i should probably leave you alone since im ruling out the flash... but could u point me in the right direction regarding what the heck would trigger the Injector Circuit warning?