Notices
ECU Flash

Scott @ TTP - FLASH RETUNE W/ WIDEBAND READINGS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007 | 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Scott @ TTP - FLASH RETUNE W/ WIDEBAND READINGS?

TTP,
im posting just in case others had the same question...
im hitting a dyno dynamics dynomometer tomorrow morning and they will hook up a wideband and record during the runs. my question is could I submit that reading for a fine tune adjustment (if necessary) ? and how much would that be? I am curently running a flash from TTP already, but didnt have wideband #s back then, just my knock free logs!
thanks!
-tom
Old Sep 15, 2007 | 06:19 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
TTP,
im posting just in case others had the same question...
im hitting a dyno dynamics dynomometer tomorrow morning and they will hook up a wideband and record during the runs. my question is could I submit that reading for a fine tune adjustment (if necessary) ? and how much would that be? I am curently running a flash from TTP already, but didnt have wideband #s back then, just my knock free logs!
thanks!
-tom
If the wideband info is accurate, we can review the information and adjust accordingly.
Old Sep 15, 2007 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

thanks TTP! this morning on the dyno dynamics dyno I laid down 304.9whp and 301 wtq. ill email u the sheets that show a/f . thx!
Old Sep 15, 2007 | 12:27 PM
Account Disabled

Thats good for a DD. They read low.
Old Sep 15, 2007 | 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

yeah thats what I hear. I wonder what dynojet #s woulda looked like...? well, no knock and it drives awesome ever since I changed my flash over to TTP. there was an odd lean spot around 5200rpm to 6500? nothing negative happened though... no power dips or knock/detonation... but it did jump to 12.0 - 12.3 a/f . prior to that it is rocksolid at 11.0 a/f . just that upper section? my MAF voltage maxes out about this point too... but it richens back up after 6500 to redline. anyways ill scan it when I get to the office on monday. ill pay for the adjustments of course! thx!

tom takase
Old Sep 15, 2007 | 02:09 PM
Account Disabled

yeah thats what I hear. I wonder what dynojet #s woulda looked like...? well, no knock and it drives awesome ever since I changed my flash over to TTP. there was an odd lean spot around 5200rpm to 6500? nothing negative happened though... no power dips or knock/detonation... but it did jump to 12.0 - 12.3 a/f . prior to that it is rocksolid at 11.0 a/f . just that upper section? my MAF voltage maxes out about this point too... but it richens back up after 6500 to redline. anyways ill scan it when I get to the office on monday. ill pay for the adjustments of course! thx!

tom takase
Adjustments if deemed necessary will not cost you anything. It is simply included in our eflash product.

Many factors would contribute to the AFRs you describe, including what gear the runs were in, what fans were being used on the dyno, coolant temps, load on the rollers and tailpipe wideband location/depth.
Old Sep 18, 2007 | 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

ok, just sent TTP the dyno info and TTP flash for review. Im positive they'll figure out what the deal is!
Old Sep 19, 2007 | 02:01 AM
Evolving Member

nice
Old Sep 19, 2007 | 03:42 PM
Account Disabled

Map adjustments made and sent.
Old Sep 20, 2007 | 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Scott, i've uploaded and the car actually feels pretty strong. I would think it would power down since we richened it up... so anyways, i can't get back on the dyno or hook up wideband until maybe this weekend or next week. BUT i did pull a few datalogs to view knock and nothing... very clean. But here's the strange part.. i've left the vehicle settings the same as always. Previous to this all my evoscan hp#s have been consistent at around 330-340hp. I actually dynoed at 305whp on the dyno dynamics i use. NOW after you richened it up... the scans consistently show 400-415hp and torque #s up just the same... I was like NO WAY... but its doing it everytime.. So, i am happily awaiting my next runs back on the dyno to 1) see AFRs in better range and 2) see if WHP actually did go up. I'll keep you all posted... but again maybe by next week or so.
Thanks TTP !! u guys are awesome!
Old Sep 20, 2007 | 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

i am hoping for 320-330whp on dyno dynamics dynomometer!! we'll see...
Old Sep 22, 2007 | 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Thats good for a DD. They read low.
No they read correct. You guys are too used to the rubbish dynojet numbers
If you have ever done any engine dyno work you will soon figure that out.

Last edited by gtpumps; Sep 22, 2007 at 04:13 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2007 | 07:45 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gtpumps
No they read correct. You guys are too used to the rubbish dynojet numbers
If you have ever done any engine dyno work you will soon figure that out.

I have read that article. Welcome to America, the land of MD's and DJ's.

It reads low compared to the average American chassis dyno.
Old Sep 22, 2007 | 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Scott, i've uploaded and the car actually feels pretty strong. I would think it would power down since we richened it up...
Actually, you can make the same power within a wide range of AFRs. You definitely wont feel a difference unless you're correctiong for a super rich or super lean condition. Actual power gained from a minor AFR adjustment is minute.

It's great that Scott fixed you up though. That lean spot could have cause some ill effects if gone uncorrected.
Old Sep 22, 2007 | 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Actually, you can make the same power within a wide range of AFRs. You definitely wont feel a difference unless you're correctiong for a super rich or super lean condition. Actual power gained from a minor AFR adjustment is minute.

It's great that Scott fixed you up though. That lean spot could have cause some ill effects if gone uncorrected.
yeah, TTP has been great. I'll be back on that same dyno hopefully sometime next week to get some concrete readings and compare them to my last pulls

Quick Reply: Scott @ TTP - FLASH RETUNE W/ WIDEBAND READINGS?