Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyloc
What Xml editor are you guys using? I have 3 on my computer and none of them will open the file.

just open it with notepad
Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cyloc
What Xml editor are you guys using? I have 3 on my computer and none of them will open the file.
Right click and open file with notepad.

9470014 TESTED!!!!!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

ygpaypal.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I gotta say, this is by far the most fun mod you can do to these cars!(besides adding an additional 400whp lol).

I fully tested the 9470014 NLTS and the only issue I had was when going from 1st to 2nd once, it literally fell flat on its face during the shift. Its as someone else mentioned previously....its like the NLTS stayed activated even though I shifted.

The valet mod works great but I don't know about the KNOCK CEL since I got 0 counts on my runs (ain't complaining! haha). I will paypal you some cash later tonight Teph, freaking sweet job man.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok just tried to get this to work. I copied everything over to the patched rom provided for the 96940011 and the car wouldn't even start. It just cranked. I double, triple and quadruple checked everything and it should be right. I flashed back to the non patched rom and the car starts right up.
Now, last night when I switched everything over there was only two xml for the different versions of evoflash. I checked today and there was 3 xml I thought that might have been the problem, so then I recopied the new xml for evoscan 1.30, which is what I'm using. Was the patched 96940011 rom changed aswell from last night to today?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

damn I am lost, I went away from this site about a year ago, come back and now all this new cool stuff is happening. I tried to modify my ROM but its not working. I can't seem to figure it out, would someone mind explaining this to me?

I've opened the zip file for 96940011 and there are 3 xml files and one bin file. what am I supposed to do with each? I attempted to copy the lines from the XML file for ecuflach v1.3 to my evo7base rom but that didn't work.. I'm lost.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 05:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yikes lots of posts :|

There is a bug with the knockcel at the moment guys - nothing too bad, it just doesn't keep flashing after the event! i will fix this asap

Non-starters please ensure you have removed any old XML (from all xml files) and then reuse the new ROM... the old XML overwrites the new code if you use them to edit on the new ROM

Cheers
D.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Tephra, Are we still going to get the the cel flash for like 8 mins the first time this is flashed? Like the old cel knock light patch?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:02 PM
EvoM Guru

no u shouldn't do..
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
damn I am lost, I went away from this site about a year ago, come back and now all this new cool stuff is happening. I tried to modify my ROM but its not working. I can't seem to figure it out, would someone mind explaining this to me?

I've opened the zip file for 96940011 and there are 3 xml files and one bin file. what am I supposed to do with each? I attempted to copy the lines from the XML file for ecuflach v1.3 to my evo7base rom but that didn't work.. I'm lost.
Whoa, whoa. You only need one of the xml code files. Which version of ecuflash do you have? That will tell you which XML file you need to use. In your case, use (copy and paste) the code in the XMLcode file that is named "1.30 and below." Its pretty straight forward. And NO, you don't copy that into the evobase, you copy it into your ROM XML, like in my case 70008....throw it in at the end of the file after the last /table and before /rom.

The .bin file is the actual modded ROM. You will have to open this rom in ECUflash after you've modded your XML file and then open the rom you have in your ecu now. You then have to copy EVERYTHING you've changed in your current rom into the modded one and reflash with the modded one now set up for your car.

Last edited by A418t81; Sep 27, 2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra

There is a bug with the knockcel at the moment guys - nothing too bad, it just doesn't keep flashing after the event! i will fix this asap

Non-starters please ensure you have removed any old XML (from all xml files) and then reuse the new ROM... the old XML overwrites the new code if you use them to edit on the new ROM

Cheers
D.
How about the non-Valet function?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:23 PM
EvoM Guru

yep once I get into work I will take another look at it...

the code is exactly the same for the different ROM's just different memory addresses... so im confused as to why its not working...

I will email you
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
EvoM Guru

no different one hahaha
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
Tephra, Are we still going to get the the cel flash for like 8 mins the first time this is flashed? Like the old cel knock light patch?
Wasn't this attributed to an endian problem?
Certain versions of ecuflash use little or big. And I noticed this, what will happen is the cel on time will automatically reset itself to an insane number each time you open or close it. And your changes will not stay at first.

I saw this when I reloaded the rom and switched the endian and it wasn't a problem.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra

Cheers
D.
it still works just flashing on when it reaches the threshold. as long as its above the set threshold she still flashes.

so i actually know if I am still knocking rather than wondering if its the timer so i'm cool with it brotha again man you rock if you were local i would take you out for drinks/fun on me

Last edited by bnice01; Sep 27, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL