Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
96940011 Does not have ECUFlash 1.2X suuport only 1.30.
yes there is. Its 1.30 and below(1.29) and 1.31 and higher(1.32)
Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

looks like I had the first version of the bad ROM like Eric said. I re-downloaded the new ROM and moved everything over and it started up.

First thing I noticed was the CEL for the rear o2 was off

The NLTS works but its tricky, the car feels like it stalls on me and then starts back up. I'll do some more research on the settings to see if its something I can change or maybe tune out.

The knock light works great.

The valet program didn't work for me though. I got stranded and had to reflash in order to get the car to start up again. I held the throttle for 10 sec with the key ON until the CEL started to flash. Then I tried to start the car, which it did for a split second, then it died on me and wouldn't start no matter what I did unitl I reflashed. Ohh well 3 out of 4 aint bad.

Excellent work David! I'm glad to be messing with the EVO again.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

The constant cel flashing in valet mode is disapointing.........in my eyes it defeats the purpose, anyway to disable that? or have the cel flash a set number of times to confirm its in valet mode?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I set my nlts to 100rpm and it's more fun =p
Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by travman
The constant cel flashing in valet mode is disapointing.........in my eyes it defeats the purpose, anyway to disable that? or have the cel flash a set number of times to confirm its in valet mode?
Why would you be driving in Valet mode?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
well, I got the file to show the new patch options and all the scaling is correct again. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything then make the metadata directory look in the right place for the modified XML.

So I transfered all my info over and flashed the car but it wouldn't start.

I read back a few pages about people having the same problem. I'm going to re-read and see what the solution is.

If your using the ROM ID below, I believe thats for a 05, is that the ID you've been using?

I've opened the zip file for 96940011 and there are 3 xml files and one bin file. what am I supposed to do with each? I attempted to copy the lines from the XML file for ecuflach v1.3 to my evo7base rom but that didn't work.. I'm lost.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The NLTS works but its tricky, the car feels like it stalls on me and then starts back up. I'll do some more research on the settings to see if its something I can change or maybe tune out.
Is it bogging down mid-pull or just after a shift? I was having it bog down after a shift like it was still trying to rev down in NLTS mode too. Found out that it was just me literally having my shoe slightly resting on the clutch pedal enough to trigger the clutch switch. Dave said it was incredibly sensitive but I had no idea it was THAT sensitive! It takes time to get used to its sensitivity.

Next time your cruising on the road, floor the gas pedal and then lightly press on the clutch pedal to see exactly HOW LITTLE pressure is required to get the NLTS to activate.

I had it start hiccuping during midway hard pulls on me, only to find out that I forgot to copy over my boost limit table. Be sure to check EVERY table when you switch over your rom.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Sep 28, 2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
VALET mode @ 300rpms = success(in not starting hehehe)

No continuous flash issue on my patch
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 on checking tables... my dumb *** forgot to copy over my injector scaling and latency so i kept hitting fuel cut and thinking there was something wrong with the flash.... got that right and then took it for a few pulls, it seems to work great but it makes a noise that sounds terrible on the rear diff .... so im not sure how much ill use it, but its nice to know its there
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:40 AM
Account Disabled

its probably your rear end thumping..get a front motor mount and that will go away.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

96420008?
Old Sep 29, 2007, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you don't need no ecuflash upgrade to do no lift shift. It just take practice. But this little no lift shift patch is a good for beginner to practice without blowing up their engine or bouncing off the rev limit. Either way If any of you want to try this no lift shift and keep on doing it, beware for a very expensive consequences.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by vboy425
you don't need no ecuflash upgrade to do no lift shift. It just take practice. But this little no lift shift patch is a good for beginner to practice without blowing up their engine or bouncing off the rev limit. Either way If any of you want to try this no lift shift and keep on doing it, beware for a very expensive consequences.
Wow when are people going to learn to read before opening their dumb mouths.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
If your using the ROM ID below, I believe thats for a 05, is that the ID you've been using?
you got it, I'm using the ROM ID for an 05 even though I have an 04... I sent David my stock ROM yesterday so when he has time I'm sure he will patch it. That maybe why the valet mode doesn't work but everything else seems to work great.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Is it bogging down mid-pull or just after a shift? I was having it bog down after a shift like it was still trying to rev down in NLTS mode too. Found out that it was just me literally having my shoe slightly resting on the clutch pedal enough to trigger the clutch switch. Dave said it was incredibly sensitive but I had no idea it was THAT sensitive! It takes time to get used to its sensitivity.

Next time your cruising on the road, floor the gas pedal and then lightly press on the clutch pedal to see exactly HOW LITTLE pressure is required to get the NLTS to activate.

I had it start hiccuping during midway hard pulls on me, only to find out that I forgot to copy over my boost limit table. Be sure to check EVERY table when you switch over your rom.
It is very sensetive, I might have had my foot touching the pedal when shifting.
I had the NTLS activate on me during my regular quick shifts so I think I need to up the WOT number from 70 to 95 or adjust the clutch pedal switch.

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL