Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evopower1021
tonight i tested the nlts at the track and i must say wow!!! what a difference.

i only gained .1 on my time but thats cus track prep sucked tonight and it was very slick. also we're 5000+ ft. above sea level.

but the main thing i wanted to post was my mph gain. before my fastest was 12.0 @ 121 and tonight i ran 11.9 at 127. 6mph faster than before.

i can't wait to go to a track thats closer to sea level and see what i can do
no offense but you wouldn't be a very good indicator of how much time will drop w/NLSing. Dropping .1 and picking up 6 MPH is... well... pretty bad. Don't let that discorage you though, just keep on practicing and you'll get there.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

I tried again to us a different ROm(s) to patch with but got the same results.
Not only will the car only take one flash with that flash if I shut the car off I needed to reflash my stock ROM back in there otherwise it won't start at all.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
well, honestly, if you let your friend borrow the car, or take it somewhere you'd use valet, they shouldnt be checking your car out, just drive the thing... worst case, they'd call you and ask about it and you 'd tell them, its normal
yeah because a cel flashing is normal........

I was just trying to make a point.......I don't usually let anyone drive when im not around. Like yesterday I had to get my car inspected and i was going to put it in valet mode but when I did the cel was flashing and there is no way it would have passed due to the cel flashing.

Oh well, i guess im the only one....so no big deal, just thought maybe there would have been a better way to do it without the cel constantly flashing.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8UpUrV8
Questions:
I was up til 5am last night trying to figure how the h3ll do use a patch with ecuflash.

My ecu code is 94170008, I found that xml file, pasted in at the end of the text before <rom>, and copied my orginal tune into the modified tune.

I found out after I was done the loads on timing and fuel maps were different from my tune(10-300)(10-260) so I went back and changed those too.

Was there anything else tricky that I might've missed? Took me about 10 solid minutes to copy and paste anything from one tune to the other, and by the time I was done I was seeing cross-eyed.. lol. Please let me know my car won't blow up.

P.S. Thank you tephra, you are awesome. When payday comes I will gladly donate to the cause!
it'll be even cooler when other people release patches as already patched roms.
i'm still not sure what the best binary patch format/program for us would be.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Sep 30, 2007 at 05:11 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 05:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
personally I think the constant flashing CEL is a good thing, coz when the person gets in to drive they immediatley go "hrmm thats not right... maybe I should take it easy just in case!"
Old Sep 30, 2007, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
personally I think the constant flashing CEL is a good thing, coz when the person gets in to drive they immediatley go "hrmm thats not right... maybe I should take it easy just in case!"

Agreed.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra

the only problem I see with that is, say you want to give your car to an inspection/service station for repairs/work. it will not pass a safety inspection with a flashing CEL and its pretty common knowledge a flashing CEL usually means stop driving and turn off the car right away.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I think a perfect compromise would be to give the Valet flash a timer so it doesn't stay on forever.

Also, Tephra, what's the ETA on fixing the knock flash routine? It basically doesn't work at this point because as soon as knock hits you get a brief flash and then nothing...

Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShamelessCookie
I think a perfect compromise would be to give the Valet flash a timer so it doesn't stay on forever.

Also, Tephra, what's the ETA on fixing the knock flash routine? It basically doesn't work at this point because as soon as knock hits you get a brief flash and then nothing...

Thanks!
agreed about the flash then stop part for the valet, but as far as an inspection station, im not sure how your guys' work... down here, we pull into the station ourselves, or they drive it into the bay which is usually no more than 10 feet. So no need for valet at that time. I guess a lot of states may be different though
Old Sep 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
agreed about the flash then stop part for the valet, but as far as an inspection station, im not sure how your guys' work... down here, we pull into the station ourselves, or they drive it into the bay which is usually no more than 10 feet. So no need for valet at that time. I guess a lot of states may be different though
Which leads us to the next big fix for ecuflash.
That is removing the cel for intermittent misfire. I don't know how I'm going to get past the obd2 inspection in Jan. A lot of effort has been done in this area but I don't think there has been a coupdegras.

My code returns either at start up or soon there after.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i use to have the same issue thanks to an Al flash.... i got it fixed eventually, but i had my car inspected during the time it was messed up. I just made sure to clear the code before i pulled in to the bay, it didnt come on until about 10 min after i left.

Do you have the capability to flash your car ? are you custom tuned by anyone ? Take out a lot of timing in your idle cells and see if this helps. I would assume since you are in this thread, you have the ability lol
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
no offense but you wouldn't be a very good indicator of how much time will drop w/NLSing. Dropping .1 and picking up 6 MPH is... well... pretty bad. Don't let that discorage you though, just keep on practicing and you'll get there.

i've ran at sea level before and its almost 1.5 seconds faster then it is here. the air and the altitude here sucks.... you try living in west texas and see how fast you can run.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Or better yet at 5000ft ASL or above!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShamelessCookie
I think a perfect compromise would be to give the Valet flash a timer so it doesn't stay on forever
Thanks!
+1, this seems like a good compromise for this mod. Just make it an adjustable setting so the end user has the last word on how long it blinks...if at all.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:18 AM

Dave,

I'm not familiar at all with paypal, please explain where is the link so we can donate ?

Thanks again for the good job !

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL