Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey scott, doublecheck the injector info, i did the same thing when i was copying everything over the first time and forgot that i had upgraded injectors and i hit fuel cut pretty quick like.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:42 AM
Account Disabled

Its not fuel cut. It happens when the TPS threshold is crossed, regardless if the clutch is depressed or not.

Tried it on 2x 2005 Evos.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Its not fuel cut. It happens when the TPS threshold is crossed, regardless if the clutch is depressed or not.

Tried it on 2x 2005 Evos.
I am using an old release for my 2005 Evo, since I was the tester for the patch. So, I can't comment on the exact ROM that you are testing, but have the two 2005 Evos that you tested have aftermarket clutches or have had the clutch pedal adjusted closer to the floor?

I'm thinking maybe the top clutch switch never gets a chance to contact the pedal? I've never physically looked at the switch, so I don't know if it moves with pedal adjustment or not. Just a thought, since I have an 05 working fine (although different ROM maybe) and a few people have tried the ROM posted here successfully.

Eric
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
Account Disabled

Its something to think about. I am using a Carbonetics triple carbon disc unit which is fairly low to the floor.

I do have the lower switch removed altogether.

I will have to take a look and see if the top switch is being contacted.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This might sound dumb but i go to past the new code into the rom .xml file and i can past it in note pad but it gives me an error when i go to save that it can not save that information does someone have a link for a step by step how to.

Thanks,

Sorry for the noob question.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

save it to your desktop first then copy it into the correct folder ... that should solve it.

using vista are we ? lol
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
save it to your desktop first then copy it into the correct folder ... that should solve it.

using vista are we ? lol
Vista for sure. It is a pain in the butt i was going to wait tell i got home to try it but i will try saving it to my desktop.

Should i just paste the code at the bottom of the page before the rom statement?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

thats what i did...

Vista works great, but some of the added data safety features can be a pain. You can turn them off though if you dont want them. Copying to your desktop first will work though
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Ok i got new tables or data to put in do i need to edit any of these crazy number or just flash

I saw that people found 1500 rpm to work well so i switched that but what about

Enable Rev Limit Switching is has a value of 65535
Flash CEL on Knock? same
Enable NLTS? same

CEL on Knock Flash Time 642500 is this the number for the location to tell the dash light to flash?

I really don't know what these numbers mean if they are a location on the ecu that checks for ting or what i can see they are the X Value and some type of units.

Valet Rev limit i put to 3054

What should i put in for Valet Rev limit Time to Activate

Nlts TPS threshold i put to 20%
NLTS Speed Threshold i put a 20km/h
Old Oct 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JrCRXHF
This might sound dumb but i go to past the new code into the rom .xml file and i can past it in note pad but it gives me an error when i go to save that it can not save that information does someone have a link for a step by step how to.

Thanks,

Sorry for the noob question.
Do you have VISTA, if so you have to copy yout xml to the desktop, make changes and save it to the desktop, then copy/paste back to your rommedata folder, its a pain but mrfred walked me through it with the jdmmap program, something about the admin settings from the initial windows install.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've noticed an oddity: once NLTS has engaged once, the stationary rev limit appears to be gone completely (don't ask how I found that out). So, you get one launch per car start.

This is on 96940011 on an '05 MR, FYI. TTP, I'm not seeing the same issue you are; accidently brushing the clutch right after a WOT shift seems to nosedive as it should, so it's definitely keying off the upper clutch switch.

Last edited by logic; Oct 3, 2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Wow all of us vista users, you guys beat me to the punch!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I just tried this out and wanted to say that it works awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JrCRXHF
Ok i got new tables or data to put in do i need to edit any of these crazy number or just flash

I saw that people found 1500 rpm to work well so i switched that but what about

Enable Rev Limit Switching is has a value of 65535
Flash CEL on Knock? same
Enable NLTS? same

CEL on Knock Flash Time 642500 is this the number for the location to tell the dash light to flash?

I really don't know what these numbers mean if they are a location on the ecu that checks for ting or what i can see they are the X Value and some type of units.

Valet Rev limit i put to 3054

What should i put in for Valet Rev limit Time to Activate

Nlts TPS threshold i put to 20%
NLTS Speed Threshold i put a 20km/h
Did you use the ROM he provided or are you using your original ROM? The fact that you're seeing 65535 in the enable fields indicates you're probably using your original ROM which does not have the patch. You have to copy all of your tuning changes to the ROM he provided and then flash that ROM to your ECU.

-Paul
Old Oct 3, 2007, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PVD04
Did you use the ROM he provided or are you using your original ROM? The fact that you're seeing 65535 in the enable fields indicates you're probably using your original ROM which does not have the patch. You have to copy all of your tuning changes to the ROM he provided and then flash that ROM to your ECU.

-Paul
It is not given me problems with the immobilizer code it will not let me copy it over.

I really feel way slow doing this.

never mind i opened the file and closed it again and then it worked who knew.

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL