Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Petey Turbo
I would but I have a mystery oil leak coming from inbetween the tranny and t-case (trans oil), plus I have no exhaust on the car since it will not be here until monday..Going to the triplex now to pick up the rest of the oil seals and o-rings that could have even a remote possibility of causing this..I also have gotten my best short times there on snow tires lol..

I thought I read you got all that squared away...

Bring the pupra, there tech is a joke. as long as you have a steering wheel and a seat you'll pass.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nope not squared away. Right after I realized it was leaking I went to hawaii for work, now I am home again and trying to get her back on the road..I am doing a few things to the car because I am getting knock alot sooner then I would like and have a few things suspect..Not only that but I have a wedding to go to for the next 2 weeks..
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I thought I read you got all that squared away...

Bring the pupra, there tech is a joke. as long as you have a steering wheel and a seat you'll pass.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok guys, whats the best settings to use for the cel on knock flashing ?

Currently I have it set to:

KnockSum Required for CEL: 3
Load Required for CEL on Knock: 125%
CEL on Knock flash time: 2000ms

Do these settings sound about right, to make sure things are reasonably safe ? but at the same time, not bringing the cel on when there is no harm being done ?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I am having a slight problem with the ROMS. I can not seem to get the new tables to show up in ECUFlash? I assume I need to copy and paster the .xml files into the metadate file and then download and open the appropiate ROM file in order for the tables to appear? I also changed within ECUFlash the file in which the metadata is gathered so that it is taken from the C:/programfiles folder for the metedata.

I upgraded to ECUFlash v1.33.1426 just before I downloaded the NLTS info.

Any suggestions? I'm sure its something elementary but, I must be a kindergardener right now :-)
Old Oct 4, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^ I would use a higher load. Something closer to where you are at WOT.

I have mine set to 220 load, 3* of knock, 3000ms.

Having it set below 140 may produce flashing from phantom knock.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Another request for patch for ROM# 88570008
Old Oct 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske

I have similar settings.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske

Cheers

I just didn't want to have it set so high, that by the time the cel flashes, damage may have already started, if you know what I mean.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

I have mine set at 100 load, so anything involving boost is monitored. I have mine set to 4 mainly because I never get more than 3 counts of knock in the lower load range from phantom knocks. If I hit 4 counts or more, its usually the real deal.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Going back the NLTS real quick, on a post made by 4TUNEVO8 I decided to lower the rpm drop to 100 to see how the car reacted. It only dropped 6psi between shifts (24 to 18) with the Green. Maybe a little more aggressive than most people need but it definitely is the way to go at the track (or crazy people like us on the street).

Knocklite- 220/4/1250 more or less like everyone else so far.

Last edited by JohnBradley; Oct 4, 2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Going back the NLTS real quick, on a post made by 4TUNEVO8 I decided to lower the rpm drop to 100 to see how the car reacted. It only dropped 6psi between shifts (24 to 18) with the Green. Maybe a little more aggressive than most people need but it definitely is the way to go at the track (or crazy people like us on the street).

Hmm, something to think about when I hit the track. I'll try both settings a few times each

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 5, 2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Any help guys? I simply cannot figure out why I can't get the new tables to show up in ECUFlash. I searched every page and did what others suggested.

I found the correct .xml file, downloaded it and saved it into my metadate folder. I then cut and paste the new NLTS .xml ROM info into the correct ROM .xml file for my ECU. After that I downloaded the NLTS .hex file. I opened the .hex file via ECUFlash but, no new tables?

Needless to say I am stuck, confused and jealous of hearing how badass the NLTS mod is. Please help.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Any help guys? I simply cannot figure out why I can't get the new tables to show up in ECUFlash. I searched every page and did what others suggested.

I found the correct .xml file, downloaded it and saved it into my metadate folder. I then cut and paste the new NLTS .xml ROM info into the correct ROM .xml file for my ECU. After that I downloaded the NLTS .hex file. I opened the .hex file via ECUFlash but, no new tables?

Needless to say I am stuck, confused and jealous of hearing how badass the NLTS mod is. Please help.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 08:10 PM
MR
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after u cut and paste the nlts xml and save it to your rom xml, close the ecuflash program first than open it up again...than open the nlts rom. u should see the it in both your ecu rom and the nlts rom.

if the above doesnt works, i also dunno how to assist..maybe others can chime in..

Originally Posted by evo8dad

Last edited by MR; Oct 4, 2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Just happened to come across this while browsing.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=260040

I think the last two pics in the second post shows the upper clutch switch assembly. I know someone said they adjusted theirs for a less sensative result. I haven't looked up under there yet but I just wanted to throw this in the thread just in case.

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL