Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2007, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8dad
Any help guys? I simply cannot figure out why I can't get the new tables to show up in ECUFlash. I searched every page and did what others suggested.

I found the correct .xml file, downloaded it and saved it into my metadate folder. I then cut and paste the new NLTS .xml ROM info into the correct ROM .xml file for my ECU. After that I downloaded the NLTS .hex file. I opened the .hex file via ECUFlash but, no new tables?

Needless to say I am stuck, confused and jealous of hearing how badass the NLTS mod is. Please help.
you don't want to save that file in your metadata folder, you want to just copy the info in the xml that Tephra made and paste it at the bottom of your already existing xml in the ECUFlash metedata folder. Then open the ROM that Tephra provided and copy all your old tables from your ECU's ROM to his.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
you don't want to save that file in your metadata folder, you want to just copy the info in the xml that Tephra made and paste it at the bottom of your already existing xml in the ECUFlash metedata folder. Then open the ROM that Tephra provided and copy all your old tables from your ECU's ROM to his.
I'll try that. I guess having both the Tephra .xml file and the ROM .xml file throws things off when ECUFlash is looking for the .xml files.

By the way, how did the NLTS work last night at Atco?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

horrible! I only made two passes and wheel hopped on both launches, I had to get out of it for fear of damaging my expensive TC... Maybe when I throw the Blizzaks back on there I'll give it another try, I think the sidewall on those RE10-R's are just to stiff for drag racing.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what was your tire pressure at ?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
horrible! I only made two passes and wheel hopped on both launches, I had to get out of it for fear of damaging my expensive TC... Maybe when I throw the Blizzaks back on there I'll give it another try, I think the sidewall on those RE10-R's are just to stiff for drag racing.
Ah that sucks. How was the NLTS though. Wasn't any help at all? I am debating whether this mod will be a benefit when autocrossing since there is really only a need for shifting one time. I can see it being very beneficial road racing though same with the knock CEL mod.

By the way, thanks for the tip. I got the mod to work in ECUFlash, now just to get v1.33 working correctly

By the way you coming next Saturday to Ripken?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
what was your tire pressure at ?
first pass was right after coming in so it was 35psi all around, lol.
second pass was 25psi all around. I probably could have went down to 21-22 but I didn't want to risk any damage. If I decide to go again it will be when the weather is cooler, like in november or december, and I will have the Blizzack WS-50s on there with the huge sidewall .
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

haha...

reason i asked is because of the wheel hop... i wonder if maybe 25 was too low and you 'd a been better off with more pressure and letting them spin some... i cant wait for it to cool off either, i need to put something better than an 11.8 in my sig...... picking up 75 to 100 hp should help
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8dad
Ah that sucks. How was the NLTS though. Wasn't any help at all? I am debating whether this mod will be a benefit when autocrossing since there is really only a need for shifting one time. I can see it being very beneficial road racing though same with the knock CEL mod.

By the way, thanks for the tip. I got the mod to work in ECUFlash, now just to get v1.33 working correctly

By the way you coming next Saturday to Ripken?
The NTLS works awesome. On the street the car f'ing rips threw the gears.
I didn't do the 1-2 shift at the track because I am not used to it. When the car wheel hopped and I lifted I totally forgot to keep my foot planted on the gas and shift. I just did it like normal. Only problem with that, as you'll soon find out, when you touch the clutch pedal with your foot still on the gas the NLTS rev-limiter kicks in and its like you hit a wall. Happened to me both times.

I'll let you know about Ripken...
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
haha...

reason i asked is because of the wheel hop... i wonder if maybe 25 was too low and you 'd a been better off with more pressure and letting them spin some... i cant wait for it to cool off either, i need to put something better than an 11.8 in my sig...... picking up 75 to 100 hp should help
Nah, wheel hop comes from the tires not having traction, then getting traction, then losing it again. Usually due to not enough contact patch on the tire, so you need to lower the pressure. The thing is though you don't want to lower it too much so the tires CUP on you, that defeats the purpose. I most likely would have been good if I only ran low 20-21psi, but ohh well.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

yeah... that is a scaring feeling.....

i turned mine off because of it, but then turned it back on yesterday because we are getting ready for the track. Now that im use to driving with it, its great.... i drop from 27psi to maybe 21 or 22, and spool is so much quicker .... also, no rear diff thump either. You are right though about one thing, that 1 to 2 is a rough one, need some practice. I hope i never have to go to 5th lol, i missed that one 2 times yesterday
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Nah, wheel hop comes from the tires not having traction, then getting traction, then losing it again. Usually due to not enough contact patch on the tire, so you need to lower the pressure. The thing is though you don't want to lower it too much so the tires CUP on you, that defeats the purpose. I most likely would have been good if I only ran low 20-21psi, but ohh well.
maybe im calling wheel hop something else lol

i normally run about 24 on my sh1tty all seasons and that works for me, the stockers, 19 to 21, so i guess i can see your point as well and im sure yours i probably right
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

I'd like to see a patch for 96420008
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostEEd
I can think of at least 2 locals here that would as well.

I run 19psi in my 275's and have no wheelhop though on the top end it likes to float/skate a little. Its not to pronounced until I get on the brakes.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Most of the evo guys I race with at the track generally find the best traction without excessive drag to be between 19-22psi. I've seen guys consistantly pick up over 1mph on their traps simply by changing their pressure either up or down as little as 0.5psi. There is a "sweet spot" for every car/tire combo. Takes a while to find it sometimes.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BoostEEd
I sent tephra a stock rom this past week so maybe soon

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL