Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All I am saying is that it doesn't matter how much of a drop you put because you are shifting fast enough not to reach that drop, most likely. It's there just in case you miss your shift, etc, so that you can be rev matched for the next gear in that case.

However, if you set it too low, then you are not letting your revs drop, and you are bouncing off the rev limiter (NLTS limiter) and putting more strain on the drivetrain when the clutch re-engages at a higher than what RPM would have been if you allowed it to drop more.

Eric
Old Oct 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
All I am saying is that it doesn't matter how much of a drop you put because you are shifting fast enough not to reach that drop, most likely. It's there just in case you miss your shift, etc, so that you can be rev matched for the next gear in that case.

However, if you set it too low, then you are not letting your revs drop, and you are bouncing off the rev limiter (NLTS limiter) and putting more strain on the drivetrain when the clutch re-engages at a higher than what RPM would have been if you allowed it to drop more.

Eric
My point exactly
Old Oct 8, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
I gotcha...no worries. In fact I had thought of that as well, that I was probably hurting myself more than I was helping. I am shifting according the logs extremely fast when I am "on". When I am off I am in the .2-.3 second range.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you load the xml file, now?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

this may...

Originally Posted by ohthree
how do you load the xml file, now?
steer you in the right direction.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=272246
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

so i want to add the text that he gave me to my xml file and it will just show up?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

nevermind, figured it out. thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

When I opened up my prexisting mod from a vendor, all the values showed up and so I changed them to what they should be. In no way did this modify my preexisting ROMs and therefore I don't have to copy all the values over?

Last edited by ohthree; Oct 8, 2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 04:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8dad
Tephra any thouhgts on the problem I am having with ROM 96940011?
hrmm not really, maybe delete your install of ecuflash and start again?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
mine did the same thing this afternoon during logging, pulls were strong and knock free except for the nlts point.... i havent tried it, but how about pulling timing at the 1 or 2 load cells it hits while shifting.... if i remember right, off hand, its like 140 to 160 range which you shouldnt see those cells anyway so who cares what the timing is there
Ill try that, see what happens.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
No lean Spool Disable, but it should be the same as the "for dummies thread". Its slightly different for VIII's and IX's but it explains that in the threads.

So my question is: are the locations still the same? I can re-deactivate lean spool the same way, but am I going to destroy the code since apparently Tephra says the code was moved?

Also... another issue. I've got the 94170008 ROM on my '03 and this patch isn't working at all. No NLTS, no Valet. (I can't really see the knocklight, I have a gauge in the way) The flash went off w/o a hitch. I don't understand why it didn't work.

One last question: for the valet, you're supposed to:
A) turn ign to "on"
B) THEN hold pedal WOT for desired time
C) your CEL light (which is steady on at this point) should flash
D) fire up the engine.

Correct?

-You know... after typing this I'm wondering if my issue is that my TPS isn't registereing high enough. Maybe I'm not reading 100% so I cant get into Valet. I'll do some testing with NLTS and see if I lower the TPS threshold down back to 70% I can get that to work.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
OK everyone that is having trouble, I just finished my write up on how to do this to your ROM.

It will better if we keep the problems of flashing over there and the questions about specific use or problems of the specific use on this post. It is getting cluttered with to many people posting different things...

Here it is: Click Me

~Zach
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
We went and tested 96420008 on my friends 8 and had some severe issues. I am talking 36 counts type of knock between shifts and it would decay to 15 or so and hold.

I'm wondering if there is something particular to some of the 04 ROMS that have such high knock values during occasions not related to high load. For instance, if I hit the limiter I get up to 30 counts.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I occasionally get about an 8-count of knock on my '05 when sitting on the stationary rev limit, but I have yet to see any knock mid-shift with NLTS.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
I'm wondering if there is something particular to some of the 04 ROMS that have such high knock values during occasions not related to high load. For instance, if I hit the limiter I get up to 30 counts.
I dunno, that could be some of it I guess. When he launches on the 2 step in a normal fashion the car is fine. Like I said earlier I think the RPM drop wasnt wide enough and that was some of the issue. I am willing to bet that he can shift fast enough that it wont drop a ton of boost and wont hit the limiter either. There was one other thing in the log that kind of confused me and that was he was holding 100% TPS ( I have it set at 95% threshhold) and old habits die hard right, so when he started to lift (67%) that was when the knock happened the second time.

Honk---you copied everything over into the new ROM base as well as adding the xml, correct?

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL