Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mrfred may have, or know where to find, a copy.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...2&postcount=71
Old Oct 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
mrfred may have, or know where to find, a copy.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...2&postcount=71
I've got a 96420007 ROM, but its been modified by DynoFlash. :-(
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
I've got a 96420007 ROM, but its been modified by DynoFlash. :-(
so just take out the block tuning and it should be fine
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
so just take out the block tuning and it should be fine
How did you know that?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

lucky guess maybe ?

im going to go out on a limb and say that most of the timing cells are set to.... 8 ? am i psychic ?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine was set to 9's when I got it.

You should have seen the fuel maps lol

I could send if anyone interested
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:59 AM
Account Disabled

Makes perfect sense.

Evo8= 8* blocks

Evo9= 9* blocks

Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

i think we have all seen them, thats why we are laughing.... the biggest joke to me was my mivec adjustment....

5500 rpm from 240 load to 300, all plus 2 on the increment scale lol
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Just a bit of an update:

* I am working on the auto-valet mode, that is Valet will always be imposed when you first start the car, good for security It will be enabled/disabled in EcuFlash
* Some people have reported that their stationary rev_limit stops working - however after flashing the ROM a few more times it works fine, I am not sure what the problem is here, maybe and EcuFlash bug of some kind???
* I am in the process of getting a MAP sensor for my car - which if it works ok I will move back to ECU boost control, in which case I can implement some boost protection on knock and stuff like boost maps switching (along with regular maps switching)

Thanks to the guys that did donate - hopefully they keep coming , the donations so far will probably go towards my Girlfriends birthday in a few weeks... cheap coilovers are still on the cards as well once I get this group by for Aussie guys sorted out!

Hrmm I think thats about it for now - happy evo'ing!

Cheers
D.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dave... I tried the 88580014 mod on my 88580013 ECU and it worked fine... while testing I did find the Valet mode disabled but only when NLTS was activated at the same time... let me explain

I set the following for NLTS
Set the Speed to 0 km/h
- Set the TPS to 20%
- Set the RPM Drop to 1000

Valet mode was set to 3000 rpm the rest were left as defaults.

I revved to the 3000 valet limit and then touched the clutch which engaged NLTS and it held solid at 2000 but as soon as that happened I noticed the CEL was not flashing any more so I got off the clutch and revved and noticed the 3000 valet limit was disabled.

I have now set the NTLS back to 70% and 30km/hr and 1500 drop which means I will never hit those variables with valet mode on so I don’t see it being a problem however I thought I'd let you know anyhow.

Cheers
K

Last edited by kayman; Oct 23, 2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: fixed engliiiish
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Yep kicking NLTS will disable Valet mode - which may/may not be fixed in the future.

Probably set your TPS upto 95 as 70 is a bit low... I will probably change the defaults in the next release
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

David,

Get that MAP sensor!!! and also an Apexi AVCR boost control solenoid only and use the ECU to control boost - it works perfect Plugs straight into OEM harness too. (You should have a headstart with the maps )...

... And get working on those MAPs!!!

Top Man!

Thank you!

SK

Originally Posted by tephra
Just a bit of an update:

* I am working on the auto-valet mode, that is Valet will always be imposed when you first start the car, good for security It will be enabled/disabled in EcuFlash
* Some people have reported that their stationary rev_limit stops working - however after flashing the ROM a few more times it works fine, I am not sure what the problem is here, maybe and EcuFlash bug of some kind???
* I am in the process of getting a MAP sensor for my car - which if it works ok I will move back to ECU boost control, in which case I can implement some boost protection on knock and stuff like boost maps switching (along with regular maps switching)

Thanks to the guys that did donate - hopefully they keep coming , the donations so far will probably go towards my Girlfriends birthday in a few weeks... cheap coilovers are still on the cards as well once I get this group by for Aussie guys sorted out!

Cheers
D.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:32 AM

Hey Dave, I've found valet mode can’t really be used with NLTS enabled... well valet can be easily disabled with NLTS active.

Valet rev limit set to 3000
NLTS at 30km/hr and 70% (haven’t had the chance to change to 90%)

Basically if I have valet mode enabled and go above 30km/hr and then touch the clutch and rev above the 70% valet is disabled so I guess doesn’t really work together... BUT I suppose valet mode would be better used as a security measure so the car wont start rather than valet mode unless you can set a statement that says if valet mode is on NLTS is disabled ?

On a second note is the fuel cut damaging in any way? the valet mode cut is pretty harsh when it cuts in, car really jerks which I guess you would expect but with NLTS fuel cut up high I dunno my gut says it can’t be good but could be totally wrong?

I know when I was driving round Europe we had a Renault scenic hire car and you could set a speed limit and it was very smooth you could stand on the accelerator and it just wouldn’t go above that set speed with no jerking in any way, can that can be implemented or is fuel cut the only method?

Thanks again for all your work and sorry for the rambling.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tephra
Just a bit of an update:

Cheers
D.
The auto valet mode will be a very welcome addition.

I feel that the car is far more secure now with a 300rpm valet mode limit.

If they want to take the car, they need to bring an ecu, and get around the usual security.

or lift it onto a truck, but I think someone will notice that where I live.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cossie1
The auto valet mode will be a very welcome addition.

I feel that the car is far more secure now with a 300rpm valet mode limit.

If they want to take the car, they need to bring an ecu, and get around the usual security.

or lift it onto a truck, but I think someone will notice that where I live.
Yeah, the beauty is...even if they somehow knew you did this mod.....it'd still be quite involved to get around. I sleep much better at night. That is, until I wake up in the middle of the night wondering if I remembered to set it when I got out of the car

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL