Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reckon a new thread and then paste the link to it in here so oldies can follow

Would be cool if ecuflash had a copy maps from ROM x to Y would make life so much easier
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kayman
I reckon a new thread and then paste the link to it in here so oldies can follow

Would be cool if ecuflash had a copy maps from ROM x to Y would make life so much easier
I agree with both of these points. The map copying would be a cool feature but not absolutely necessary as it only takes a few minutes to copy all of the maps.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:59 AM

should be able to confirm 88570008 by end of the weekend, and send you a nice donation.

Any chance you can pm details on how to do that?
Old Nov 4, 2007, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

wow! Thanks for all the hard work! expect a donation from me when I give this a shot.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

I am REALLY happy to see NLTS. Will work nicely on my SCCA car. Thank you very much, will shoot a donation your way shortly.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot to mention that the NLTS worked as it should at the track last week. I definitely would still prefer a fixed RPM limit though! The problem I had (unrelated) was that coming off the launch limiter the car would bog down to ~2500 rpm and kill my ET (60 foots of 1.9 and up, as opposed to my usual 1.6s), even with it set at 6k. Haven't sat down to try to figure that one out yet...
Old Nov 5, 2007, 01:02 AM

maybe not only have a speed threshold but also a rpm threshold if possible ... i.e only work if above 5500 rpm or so ?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would provide some improvement as well kayman. With all the threshold requirements and the rpm drop stuff though, it would seem easier from a programming standpoint to just have a fixed RPM point, at least to my feeble mind. Car over a given speed (to distinguish from launch limiter) plus clutch switch made equals shift RPM limiter (regardless of throttle position). This is how other EMS systems work.

However, improvements can still be made on the other systems. Perhaps a throttle % threshold is still useful. I never had any complaints about how the above mentioned systems worked, except when I had a very high engaging clutch (standard single plate clutch) and was trying to modulate the clutch and throttle, for example when driving sideways like a complete *******. Sometime the shift limiter would get in the way of my assclownery, and a 95% or similar throttle threshold would have prevented that.

Another advantage in having a fixed limit is that you can easily scare the tailgater riding your balloon knot right into the other lane by firing it up real quick. Really satisfies the road-raged ricer inside me...

What we have works, I'm just thinking out loud...

Last edited by kjewer1; Nov 5, 2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The one thing I like about the rpm drop is its that less shocking to the drivetrain since there is less of an abrupt change in rpm from gear to gear.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 05:39 AM

88570008 - can confirm that flashing CEL works as does valet mode, but can't say the same for NLTS.

Only tried it once and revs just climbed, that said, I didn't install it myself and until I get a laptop on there, I can't know if he actually enabled the nlts.

2/3 definitely, 1 maybe.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

The way it is currently set up is fantastic. The addition of a load threshold would help with rev matching and the accidental NLTS engagement while cruising.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

since i tried nlts i havent accidently hit the limiter one time, i have it at 95% tps and has to be about 30 km. i think it is awesome and have no problems with it yet
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaz517
since i tried nlts i havent accidently hit the limiter one time, i have it at 95% tps and has to be about 30 km. i think it is awesome and have no problems with it yet
You will hit it eventually, and it will freak you out,lol.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
That would provide some improvement as well kayman. With all the threshold requirements and the rpm drop stuff though, it would seem easier from a programming standpoint to just have a fixed RPM point, at least to my feeble mind. Car over a given speed (to distinguish from launch limiter) plus clutch switch made equals shift RPM limiter (regardless of throttle position). This is how other EMS systems work.

However, improvements can still be made on the other systems. Perhaps a throttle % threshold is still useful. I never had any complaints about how the above mentioned systems worked, except when I had a very high engaging clutch (standard single plate clutch) and was trying to modulate the clutch and throttle, for example when driving sideways like a complete *******. Sometime the shift limiter would get in the way of my assclownery, and a 95% or similar throttle threshold would have prevented that.

Another advantage in having a fixed limit is that you can easily scare the tailgater riding your balloon knot right into the other lane by firing it up real quick. Really satisfies the road-raged ricer inside me...

What we have works, I'm just thinking out loud...
Great post... still laughing...
Old Nov 5, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

how do i flash just the valet part of this?

i am going to be driving my car and more than likely giving it to valet in 2 days and want to have this set so those *******s dont try anything stupid

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL