Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I let out on the clutch on the 1-2 and 2-3 to a fast, I get a thud. I assume that is because I am being too aggressive. I don't really see it as a problem. It happens when I do it without NTLS too quickly also.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

^that is your rear carrier bearing, your are not shifting smoothly - try letting out the clutch a bit slower and steady.

Wont the NLTS wear out your clutch discs faster than regular rpm droping shifting?
Old Nov 11, 2007, 01:55 PM

Im guessing it will wear out the clutch quicker .. well my clutch was perfect before this mod and now its slipping :P altho it could be cause i was driving like i stole it to test it out heheh
Old Nov 11, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It shouldn't make any noticeable difference in clutch wear compared to fast shifting. Because of the rotational weight of a stock flywheel, your RPM's still stay pretty high when you fast shift the traditional way and then you abruptly slam power back thru the drivetrain just the same. I actually feel there is less drivetrain shock with this mod.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
It shouldn't make any noticeable difference in clutch wear compared to fast shifting. Because of the rotational weight of a stock flywheel, your RPM's still stay pretty high when you fast shift the traditional way and then you abruptly slam power back thru the drivetrain just the same. I actually feel there is less drivetrain shock with this mod.
I agree...but I'm no expert.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

funny that you say that about your clutch after NLTS because irroncially the same thing happened to me, a week after NLTS my clutch started to slip too. i hope there is no correlation. it definitelty feels smoother with less shock tho
Old Nov 12, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Its not the NLTS that makes your clutch slip.... its simply too much power and too weak of clutch. I have 7k miles on my nine. The car has only 3 hard launches on it. When I switch to my R-compound tires and race gas tune the clutch cannot hold the power and grip ratio during a launch. The clutch is still like new but weak.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chaz517
funny that you say that about your clutch after NLTS because irroncially the same thing happened to me, a week after NLTS my clutch started to slip too. i hope there is no correlation. it definitelty feels smoother with less shock tho
Well, for all of these people that are putting their drop RPM to something really low and hitting that limit during the shift, then you are hurting your clutch more than normal. It's like your launching in every gear.

Set the RPM drop so you won't hit it. Any fast enough shift will bring you in at a RPM higher than the next gear anyway, so any fast shift will hurt your clutch a bit, but I think the people who are experiencing problems probably have their RPM drop too low and are therefore keeping their RPM too high during the shift to the next gear amd the clutch has to slip more than normal to rev match the next gear RPM.

Eric
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

^ explanation. With NLTS and a propper RPM drop parameter it is no different than a normal shift outside the fact that your clutch is re-clamping at a higher torque than it would if you weren't using NLTS for your shift due to immediate boost. Take it out and do it a few times and tell me it doesnt feel smooth as glass when you get it right.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 01:31 PM

NTLS definatly feels smoother but yeah the clutch cant handle the extra torque i guess.... my clutch is fine on normal take off's and changing but if im in 3rd or 4th and i put my foot down off boost as soon as boost kicks in wooshka slippage!

and my friction point seems to have got smaller its getting close to a button clutch now ... im guessing all of that puts it down to my clutch is fried?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

I was able to figure out why my car was clunking on the shifts with the NLTS; I was shifting too fast. With the NLTS your able to go through the gears quicker so to avoid the clunk you have to slow down the shifting a bit. If you do it right it's PERFECT. I have my RPM drop set to 1000 RPMs.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtremeIX
I was able to figure out why my car was clunking on the shifts with the NLTS; I was shifting too fast. With the NLTS your able to go through the gears quicker so to avoid the clunk you have to slow down the shifting a bit. If you do it right it's PERFECT. I have my RPM drop set to 1000 RPMs.
Good to hear, especially since thats what we all told you,lol.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 12:20 AM

explain me, what is NLTS?!
I read many different thinks about it in this thread.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 03:56 AM
Evolving Member

mine is set at 1000 rpm drop, id say 75% of the time i can get it to shift so smooth, the other 25 im too slow and hit the lkmiter, so i will work on that.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dawnduran
explain me, what is NLTS?!
I read many different thinks about it in this thread.
The NTLS stands for:

No
Lift
To
Shift

This allows you to keep your foot all the way down on the accelerator pedal when you shift. It drops the RPM(automatically) to match for the next gear. This allows for quicker shifts and you retain boost between shifts.

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL