Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2007, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
OK so under all three of those mods, if I set them all to 0, none will work?

Also what do I set the Knock count too? I just need help with the settings.
Setting it to 0 basically disables it. I would set it to 3 KS since anything under that is considered "ok".
Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, how is this not a sticky yet???
Old Dec 3, 2007, 01:44 PM

I still need help setting some settings. if someone could help me out. Thanks. I have the patch to work, just need settings for a 6 Speed.
All of these settings are up to the individual and the driving style of the individual, the set results and all are more so guidelines but the rest is up to the driver. The rev drop is dependant on how quickly you shift, if you find yourself actually hitting the rev drop limitter then you need to lower it .. start at 1000 and if you hit the limiiter then go to 1200 etc. But play around with the different values and see how it feels for you.

Knock count i would keep at about 3 or 4 anything under that isnt much to worry about.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone else besides me have to set the limiter lower than 1000?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You mean set the Limit to 1000 meaning 1000 rpms or 1000 drop? I mean these settings are a little vauge.

I get setting valet mode to 3000K, and the time to hold down the gas is in Mili seconds, so how many for 10? In the Knock for CEL box I just input 3 and there, 3 counts of knock for the Knock SUM? what about the load requied? 100?

NLTS I am setting the Throttle position to be 95% or above, then I need to know how much i need to have the rpms drop. Just the settings have me a little comfused.

I guess I am starting to get it, just need some stuff spoon fed.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry for the silly question, but can we rename the "name" param in the XML file to something of our choosing, and it will still function correctly?

The developer in me says the XML won't care since it should be referencing the "address" param and that the "name" is just something for human-like use, but the "i dont wanna blow my car up" in me says to ask anyway.

Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:06 PM

You mean set the Limit to 1000 meaning 1000 rpms or 1000 drop? I mean these settings are a little vauge.
The settings names are pretty self explanatory and straight forward I thought
NTLS doesn’t have a LIMIT as such the options are NTLS RPM DROP / NTLS TPS Threshold / NTLS Speed Threshold no sign of limit there so the 1000 would mean DROP. When I was describing "hitting the limit" in my previous post it means what your drop would be to i.e. if you drop is set to 1000 and you clutch in when at 6000 your rpm drop limit is set to 5000.
I get setting valet mode to 3000K, and the time to hold down the gas is in Mili seconds, so how many for 10? In the Knock for CEL box I just input 3 and there, 3 counts of knock for the Knock SUM? what about the load requied? 100?
leave the load required as is and set the knock count to whatever you want it to flash if it reaches ... if u set it to 3 if the knock sum is 3 and above it will flash.
Since 1 second is 1000 milliseconds then 10 seconds should mean 10000 milliseconds
NLTS I am setting the Throttle position to be 95% or above, then I need to know how much i need to have the rpms drop. Just the settings have me a little comfused.
As explained above you need to try it for yourself set the drop to 1000 and if you find your bouncing of the rev drop limit then set it higher.
Hope ive done a good enough job of this
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

I guess. Were getting there. I am thinking I am just gona use the KNOCK and the VALET, not to sure on the NLTS
Old Dec 4, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

You'll regret that decision eventually. lol NLTS is a FRIGGIN BLAST!!! Most fun I've had in my car ever.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

sorry about that....I meant the rpm drop. I had to set mine lower then the 1000. the delay was driving me nuts. Is there any way to make it go faster.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 01:37 PM

High_Psi, mate its really simple and easy to understand, just sit down and read thru what I and others have said and think logically its not that difficult, and as Honki24 has said its great fun if you want to go quick but if its not your cuppa then dont worry about it.
Just set the drop to 1000 and the TPS to 95% and the speed to 30km/hr and away you go now when driving above 30km/hr put ur foot all the way to the floor and once you hit around 6000 revs put the clutch in you will notice it will drop and then hold revs at about 5000 revs... but normally it wont have time to hit 5000 revs cause you would have clutched in, changed gear, clutch out before it drops that low, dont forget during this time your foot is still flat on the throttle, if you let that go it stuffs the NTLS up.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cyloc
sorry about that....I meant the rpm drop. I had to set mine lower then the 1000. the delay was driving me nuts. Is there any way to make it go faster.
When I played with it I found it pretty quick, the key is getting on and off the clutch as quick as possible... well atleast off it and ALL the way off it cause the top switch is very sensitive. I havnt had much time to do any more as im waiting for a new clutch.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kayman
High_Psi, mate its really simple and easy to understand, just sit down and read thru what I and others have said and think logically its not that difficult, and as Honki24 has said its great fun if you want to go quick but if its not your cuppa then dont worry about it.
Just set the drop to 1000 and the TPS to 95% and the speed to 30km/hr and away you go now when driving above 30km/hr put ur foot all the way to the floor and once you hit around 6000 revs put the clutch in you will notice it will drop and then hold revs at about 5000 revs... but normally it wont have time to hit 5000 revs cause you would have clutched in, changed gear, clutch out before it drops that low, dont forget during this time your foot is still flat on the throttle, if you let that go it stuffs the NTLS up.

WOW well I get that, ima do that right now. I shift at 7500 though, I guess the 1000 drop is good. In this cold weather we can get a lil bit extra power through the curve but ATLEAST 7200 RPM shift.

Either way I will play with it. I am happy.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

hey tephra i tried this on my car before i deployed and was getting knock scattered through various parts of the power band and i noticed that my injector scalling was 2 and when i tried to cahnge it the car wouldn't start, this was about 2 months ago so you may have already caught this but any input would be great.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

OK the settings are INDEED self explanatory but I still wanted other people’s settings to see what's up so I'll just post mine in order.

Above is a Simple screen shot of my settings. There are 9 boxes that I checked off and 9 boxes with settings in each. I listed the boxes starting from left going to right in columns from top to bottom. Well do this by the Numbers.
1. The 1st box is the Tephra mod options, all set to 65535 which seems to be some sort of default number. I was led to believe that any number above 0 activates these mods so leaving them at 65535 will obviously activate them.
2. Knock Sum. Simple enough set to 3.
3. Load required? No idea I just left it alone as it came, "2..." whatever that is.
4. CEL on Knock Flash Time. Set in Mili-seconds so I set 10000 or 10 seconds
5. Valet Rev Limit. 3000, simple enough to keep junior outa the boost.
6. Valet Rev Limit Time to Activate. Again 10000 Mili-seconds or 10 seconds. This mod is activated by setting the ignition key to "ACC" or Accessories and then flooring it for 10 seconds. After this RPMS will refuse to go past 3000 RPMS. I bet this would really help out MPG.
7. NLTS RPM DROP. I set mine to 1200, seems like a proper setting to me.
8. NLTS TPS Threshold. I set mine to 95%, seems good enough and will probably take a couple 10th's off if done right.
9. NLTS Speed Threshold. Set it to the recommended 30KMH, or what 18MPH?

Last edited by High_PSI; Dec 4, 2007 at 08:46 PM.

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL