Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There is only one box to adjust scaling. The one with the number in it. Honestly you are probably better off having a vendor fix your issues and help you along the way.
Yep, just you like you did for me, thanks again Scott. Much appreciated.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
Great, so how do I fix that? This also explains my confusion earlier. God damnit

DISCLAIMER:
If you don't understand ANY of this DON'T FLASH, please ask questions in this thread! Also if you get ANY WEIRD/UNEXPECTED results then flash back to stock! If your car explodes don't blame me

Help???
This is the step you seem to be forgetting. (Taken from the NLTS patch guide)

Open up your ROM’s, your current one and the modified one provided by tephra

Now we need to copy all of the tables from your current ROM over to tephra’s patched ROM, to do this highlight all the fields and copy them, then highlight all the fields on the tephra’s patched ROM and paste them there. Check your scaling too, if you or a tuner changed that make sure you change that on tephra’s patched ROM or that will be off as well. Do this for every single table in the entire ROM! If you do not check everything then you can miss something important and your car will either not run right or cause damage!

Make sure you copy over you Immobilizer! If you do not your car will not work!

Finally after you make all the changes (you should not have made any changes to your original ROM just copied everything from it to Tephra's modified ROM) save the file as whatever you want and flash it to your car. Start it up and enjoy NLTS!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 02:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
that injector scaling looks like the XML is stuffed.

what is your ROMID?
Old Dec 5, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
that injector scaling looks like the XML is stuffed.

what is your ROMID?

Thank you so much for helping me out.

Basically I get the "BIN" file and how I must use that as my map and copy everything. My bin files would not open properly because my Win Zip was messed up. I deleted it and re-downloaded it, it all works now. NOW I am concerned that my scaling is off. It is tuned on that, some of my maps (I have collected MANY from many different tuners and cars) have the 513 scale, some are blank. I am not sure if it SHOULD matter but my current map and tune has nothing in the injector scaling table as shown below. I don't get that.

Both are Injector Size Scaling, not sure why they are different or not having anything there would effect it.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

I am wondering if there is an Issue with my injector scaling on my Evo map above? I tried to modify it, and it wouldn't let me. Other maps I could, but not the one above? What is the issue?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Double Post
Old Dec 6, 2007, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You double posted 37 minutes apart from each other??
Old Dec 7, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

My **** logged out and I hit refresh 37 mins later.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 02:53 AM
EvoM Guru

you can edit it coz your XML is screwed...

what ROMID are you using?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

I CAN edit it or is that a Typo and you mean't CAN'T?

I really don't know why I cannot edit it and it is really bothering me.

Is it just screwed or can I fix it? What exactly is wrong?

I tried everything with it and it simply refuses to be edited. Will this cause problems with my tuning?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
EvoM Guru

thats a typo - should read can't.

before you try and change anything get your XML sorted out so you can clearly see and edit everything you need too.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you, I think I'll just get back on the dyno and re-tune with a proper map that isn't screwed.

Having that thing messed up like that, would that effect my injectors in any way you think?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
EvoM Guru

the XML just provides pointers to the data in the .bin.

Technically a screwed XML won't affect a .bin unless you change something... However its better to get a working XML before you flash your car... that way you can check the values of things..
Old Dec 8, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
If you have a 13 or 14 type ROM you cant adjust the injector scaling without adding something to the xml (a new def by a different name). I am pretty sure I sent that to you like A LONG TIME AGO when I sent the first map way back in the day....mebbe not.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Dave,

I have been looking at your NLTS/CEL/valet code to see how it will incorporate with realtime stuff, and it seems that they will go fine as long as we don't use the same bits of RAM (we were but I can move mine!)

It was interesting to see how you had jumped out to your routine and worked the CEL variable.

With your &HCC value for the knock cel flash with your shiftr x 4 timing loop, it looks like we have 12.75 cycles, rounding down to 12 this means the XOR will leave the CEL in the state it started, but it might leave it on if we used a value other than CC that when divided by &H10 would result in an odd number?

Looks like the routine is being called about 100 times a second, looks like the routine that eventually calls the appropriately named longsub_inj as Bez calls (which processes MUT and loads else) it is called from a compare match timer which is why our logging is throttled back.

I was wondering about speeding up logging/realtime mapping by calling it from a more frequently called loop, but it seems a lot of the loops are throttled in some way. Did you time any other of the loops?

Cheers,

John

Tried to PM, but your quota is full.

Last edited by jcsbanks; Dec 9, 2007 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL