Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 80210
So is the kit for the DIY alt-map harness updated? Great info on Jamie's link, just unsure if its updated? Going to try to construct one this wknd. Thanks!
Not yet, should be ok with the 5v zener diode in the diagram. Ideally its better to use a 4.7v 1 watt zener diode if you can find them locally or online.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is an awesome thread Tephra! Thanks for making this Free ware!

Josh

Old Mar 11, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get a access denied message when i go to mod the 88590015 with this code. I have been able to use this code on the 13 so why does the 15 give me an error i reinstalled everything thinking that might be a problem. But it still does not work.

I am on a Vista box

What is the .bin needed for i did not see that file in the directions.

Or maybe i am missing something but i was able to make this work with a past version of ecuflash and the first patch.

If someone has a rear O2 delete patch with this patch to and could email it to me so i can replace the stock code in the openecu that would be cool too.

dhmellema@gmail.com

Last edited by JrCRXHF; Mar 11, 2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JrCRXHF

The bin file IS the patch. you need to open the bin file with ECUFLash, then open your current ROM file and copy over all of your settings into the new bin file. Then you copy and paste the XML tables from the patch into your current ROM ID's XML file.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I get a access denied message when i go to mod the 88590015 with this code. I have been able to use this code on the 13 so why does the 15 give me an error i reinstalled everything thinking that might be a problem. But it still does not work.

I am on a Vista box

Or maybe i am missing something but i was able to make this work with a past version of ecuflash and the first patch.

If someone has a rear O2 delete patch with this patch to and could email it to me so i can replace the stock code in the openecu that would be cool too.

dhmellema@gmail.com
Silly question but the access denied is coming from where? Is it coming when you try to edit the xml? More than likely this is coming from Vista itself and part of it might just be that you are logged in as an account that does not have privilege to edit the file in its current location.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by codgi
Silly question but the access denied is coming from where? Is it coming when you try to edit the xml? More than likely this is coming from Vista itself and part of it might just be that you are logged in as an account that does not have privilege to edit the file in its current location.
yeah i get it when i go to edit the xml. I am admin on this computer so i don't know why i would have an issue but i am going to get out my old laptop with xp and see if i can get it to work.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:35 AM
Former Sponsor

my tuned map has the added cells (up to 330, and in different increments) if i copy and paste everything, it wouldnt be the same. and i do not know how to add the extra cells, or the increments. how can i set the tables to be the exact same??
Old Mar 22, 2008, 01:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
just copy/paste the axis's as well
Old Mar 23, 2008, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

I am on a Vista box

dhmellema@gmail.com
Vista has a new feature called User Account Control (UAC) that prevents you from writing files in the program files directory. I'd suggest disabling the feature, rebooting, then trying.

Vista copies files you write into those directories into an alias directory that isn't actually there, even though it says it's there. I was able to get ECUFlash, EvoScan, etc. to work under Vista.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Just a question, not sure if it was asked or not, as im not gonna read all 70 pages. how bad, if at all, would it to be use the NLTS while using Alky injection. Will this cause an Alky backfire?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 06:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so how do you use this vallet mode. to turn it on you put the car in acces mode and gas peddle to floor. to turn it off what do you have to do?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
so how do you use this vallet mode. to turn it on you put the car in acces mode and gas peddle to floor. to turn it off what do you have to do?

Same way you turn it on. Just repeat the process.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jba3
Vista has a new feature called User Account Control (UAC) that prevents you from writing files in the program files directory. I'd suggest disabling the feature, rebooting, then trying.

Vista copies files you write into those directories into an alias directory that isn't actually there, even though it says it's there. I was able to get ECUFlash, EvoScan, etc. to work under Vista.
When working with Vista and the xml files I found that if I copy the file I want to edit say out onto desktop then edit it and afterwards copy and replace the existing file in its original location it will work. The UAC feature is designed to protect against changes in the program files directory structure (or so it seems)
Old Apr 11, 2008, 09:51 AM

tephra,

I have partially tested the 88570008 rom.

the Valet and KnockCel works.

will try changing the settings for the NLTS to see if I can get it to work later tonight, i am sure i had the settings right but i will doulble check and confirm.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i tried this patch before when my tuner loaded it, never tried the NLTS. but when i was doing regular pulls with regular shifting the car would pause for about two seconds then get back in it, like the car was playing catch up, took the patch off and everything was normal again.. i havent read the whole thread, but can anyone put more info on this? what was causing it etc

Quick Reply: PATCH: NLTS + Valet + KnockCEL