Notices
ECU Flash

*** EvoScan Feedback Required ***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2007, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no one work for free. you guys need to stop being little whiners. Half of you morons don't even know how to use it anyway.

P.S. keep up the good work Harmish

Last edited by vboy425; Oct 7, 2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

If you are just getting by then you should maybe re-evaluate your priorities. Maybe you shouldn't have bought evoscan initially. It's not necessary, it's for the hobbiests. I'm not trying to be a dick it's just that I'm not suprised at a feature fee because it's so cheap to begin with...almost too good to be true so far. I do understand though that it seems to be going back on what was originally posted on his site.

I wish some people in the software world would chime in here. Usually when you buy software you get all upgrades for that MAJOR version...that means if you bought 1.0 then you get all the upgrades 1.1-1.9 Once 2.0 comes out get your checkbook.

Hamish, you need to write a EULA that people have to agree to before installing the software. Just mention that you reserve the right to add additional features on a per fee/custom basis. That would end this whole point.

Last edited by laakness; Oct 6, 2007 at 06:15 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I've been in software for the last 10 years. What you've written above isn't necessarily true across the board. It depends on the software and what the original agreement with the customer is. If it was said that you get free updates for the product when you buy it then you do. If not then yeah you have to shell out for the new version. What is important was what was the agreement when the customer agreed to purchase the software.

His basic EULA included that agreement for future updates (and as I just re-read future releases well), yes you can go and get technical and try to whittle away what updates/releases means and what not. Since the EULA was not time based, nor did it seem to include the ability to change the terms at will, it still applies to those original customers today. Any future EULA would only apply to new customers who did not agree to the original EULA.

This is why as I've said above, he needs to clarify exactly what new customers should expect in future for their money and stick to it. Maybe it needs to go to a full pay model where you pay for the full upgrades. I am sure if that is properly documented and explained at purchasing time, then these type of issues won't come up .

Of course as someone noted above there are cheap ways to get around this by simply changing the name of the product. Then its a "new" product and any agreements over the old software are now null and void.

What's always funny I find is that when "Small" people and "small" companies do these kind of things no one says anything. Its completely ok, if this was one of the big companies doing this, this post would be going a completely different way. Gotta love the double standards in software .

Last edited by codgi; Oct 6, 2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laakness
If you are just getting by then you should maybe re-evaluate your priorities. Maybe you shouldn't have bought evoscan initially. It's not necessary, it's for the hobbiests.
I am a smart shopper since I have little wiggle room to play. Hence me purchasing Evoscan with the peace of mind of no additional fees. Having additional fees tacked on would definitely affect someones decision to go with the evoscan rather than a freeware version.

Its not whining, its all of us being misled in the original agreement. What if he said the evoscan would be able to log widebands, then we get it and it doesn't even have that feature? You'd be pretty upset you paid for something you weren't getting right? We aren't getting what was in the original agreement.

Like I said, we can all agree to this ONE increase and let this hiccup pass by, I think we are more concerned with this issue being avoided in the future.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 6, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I am a smart shopper since I have little wiggle room to play. Hence me purchasing Evoscan with the peace of mind of no additional fees. Having additional fees tacked on would definitely affect someones decision to go with the evoscan rather than a freeware version.

Its not whining, its all of us being misled in the original agreement. What if he said the evoscan would be able to log widebands, then we get it and it doesn't even have that feature? You'd be pretty upset you paid for something you weren't getting right? We aren't getting what was in the original agreement.

Like I said, we can all agree to this ONE increase and let this hiccup pass by, I think we are more concerned with this issue being avoided in the future.
You are correct. I guess I'm on the fence about it.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
You are correct. I guess I'm on the fence about it.

LOl... "drives: like a ninja" that made me laugh out loud I gotta work on my ninja clutch skills more.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will just pay if i have to, its not like we signed a contract nor is it like hes charging and extra $100.00? If you dont want to pay you keep your current version and thats it. Compared to an aem standalone system we have it cheap

Last edited by travman; Oct 7, 2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If we indeed have to pay an additional fee prior to getting the new features then I'll be posting the a link to software and my license key in every thread I post in. If he can change the rules then I'll give the **** away free.

Existing customers should get all updates/upgrades at no cost. We should be grandfathered in. But hey if you want my regional evo club to get the code from me directly thats not a problem at all.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
If we indeed have to pay an additional fee prior to getting the new features then I'll be posting the a link to software and my license key in every thread I post in. If he can change the rules then I'll give the **** away free.

Existing customers should get all updates/upgrades at no cost. We should be grandfathered in. But hey if you want my regional evo club to get the code from me directly thats not a problem at all.
As much as I can see where your going with that.

All it will achieve is there will be no further updates at all.

And that is not good for anyone
Old Oct 10, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Personally, I like the fact that i can load my evoscan on my 2 laptops and my desktop without having some kind of IP Address lock on my account or only one download per login with your email address, which would be his simple solution. Going out of your way to do that is a bit more than I'd agree with. Its not THAT extreme, just an issue he should meet us halfway on. The guy does put a lot of work into his product (and a good one at that) so lets not go crapping in his corn flakes.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

You will still get the updates, I said that... i.e V1.2 no problem there... I can put Map Tracer in a seperate program called EvoMapTracer instead of into V2.0 if you want to install two different programs. no problem there. I know what I would prefer.

Piracy only fuels a programs popularity anyway, lol, I am planning on releasing a special version to the piracy/warez community myself

If you want to be a beta tester, add me to your msn messenger, and I'll send it to you right now via msn messenger, and for those active beta testers will get the update for free considering they are using it right now, and they will have the final update sent to them before anyone else.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

My 2cents

I see where some of you are coming from. In reality. For only $10 the features alone are well worth. I have been testing with the map tracer for about a week now. It is such great feature. Before I used logworks and evoscan, switched between the 2. With the map tracer now it reminds me alot of logworks for those that dont know thats a good thing. The new features that are in it. It will make new people to tuning be at ease with it and can see exactly what and where things are happening. If anyone would like screen shots just let me know. I have permission to post them on request
Old Oct 10, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

If you could Pm or post screenshots that would be nice.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zbomb
If you could Pm or post screenshots that would be nice.
PM sent
Old Oct 10, 2007, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
You will still get the updates, I said that... i.e V1.2 no problem there... I can put Map Tracer in a seperate program called EvoMapTracer instead of into V2.0 if you want to install two different programs. no problem there. I know what I would prefer.

Piracy only fuels a programs popularity anyway, lol, I am planning on releasing a special version to the piracy/warez community myself

If you want to be a beta tester, add me to your msn messenger, and I'll send it to you right now via msn messenger, and for those active beta testers will get the update for free considering they are using it right now, and they will have the final update sent to them before anyone else.

Originally Posted by kreionic
My 2cents

I see where some of you are coming from. In reality. For only $10 the features alone are well worth. I have been testing with the map tracer for about a week now. It is such great feature. Before I used logworks and evoscan, switched between the 2. With the map tracer now it reminds me alot of logworks for those that dont know thats a good thing. The new features that are in it. It will make new people to tuning be at ease with it and can see exactly what and where things are happening. If anyone would like screen shots just let me know. I have permission to post them on request

This is interesting. When I asked if I could be a tester this past weekend, Hamish replied that the maptracer version did not work. Hmmm.......I wonder what is going on here. I would have even paid ahead of time.

Last edited by chmodlf; Oct 10, 2007 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: *** EvoScan Feedback Required ***