ECU Flash

*** EvoScan Feedback Required ***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*** EvoScan Feedback Required ***

Hi guys,

I am jamming soo many new features in EvoScan v1.1 that I can't test them all in a timely fashion, please add me to your msn and help test it out... hamish_ahern@hotmail.com this will also help to motivate me to focus on EvoScan instead of on my new 1G/2G/3000GT and Subaru and Holden/GM LCD and bluetooth cables.

- V1.0 was not emailed out, as I didn't think it was good enough to email, it has known issues.

- V1.0 issues include... more timeouts than v.98/.99, how did that happen? I dunno, only minor retry code changes were made and .net 2.0 was used. Any ideas? Speed isn't accurate on some vehicles now.. how did that happen? did I change the data.xml between versions? or do people just need to select the UK speed conversion menu option? Zietronix wideband support was added, but is it actually working accurately for anyone? please email me your csv serial port logs if its not. Also V1.0 definately fixed international decimal point support problem, so thumbs up for that

- V1.0 feedback required, is the Realtime graphing working ok? is the Power graph accurate enough?

- V1.1 will be released as a stable base version, all new features except the MapTracer and new ECU support, and will be emailed to all existing members.

- V2.0 with MapTracer + New ECU support will be released at the same time as V1.1 as a $10 upgrade to existing members... EvoScan v2.0 will not be emailed out to existing members, except those that registered in the past three Months. EvoScan V2.0 will remain at a low $25 for new registrations. Please dont complain about the $10 upgrade, I thought lots about this, I'm sure those who registered when it was $15 wont mind, and to keep this project moving at the speed it is, this is necessary to give us Evo enthiusiasts all the latest, best, and cheapest mitsubishi datalogging technology out there!

- When will V1.1 and V2.0 be released, it depends on the number of testers available on MSN to keep me focused But its all been programmed and works good with minimal code bug tweaks left. Could be next week, could be Xmas.

- I have the ABS/AYC/ETACS and gforce sensors and other ecus now talking to EvoScan.. I need some help with the electronics side of things for this, I need some people to try it out on there vehicles, msn me... hamish_ahern@hotmail.com

- I have 2 graphics designers volunteering their time cheaply to do hundreds of new cool gauges! so I need a way of distributing these.. any ideas?

- Do you want a new feature added for everyone? Awesome, if you write up a functional specification with screenshots and explainations in word document format, I will program it into EvoScan straight away.

- Innovate full MTS chain logging has been programmed, but I need some sample serial port csv logs to rid those last few bugs with it. send them to me via msn messenger... hamish_ahern@hotmail.com

- GPS and Webcam recording support is nearly finished, do you have ideas you want to see implemented? if so send me a msn message and I'll send you the current development word doc for it, and you can add your notes with arrows to the screenshots.

- A lot of people want 1G/2G/3000GT support, I only have one confirmed report of this working with Evoscan (V1.0) (it was using an FTDI adapter with a homemade 0-5v cable, using the special Gen1/2 option I added to EvoScan which sets the baudrate correctly and skips the standard init sequence, and goes straight to datalogging values from the dataitem list.), do most of you only have a serial cable for these vehicles? if so I might need to add ComPort support back to EvoScan, which I dropped support for 12mths ago, in favour of the FTDI usb interface.

Please post a new thread if your questions/answers do not relate directly to this post.. thank you.

Last edited by evo4mad; Oct 3, 2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one thing you should add to the map tracer is a frequency count for knock counts. For example, It tells you how many times you picked up knock in a particular cell. not just how high the knock count was.

That way it would make tuning champion status, set your logger before you go on a trip or whatever, then take an hour long log and instead of sorting through it. You look at what cells you knocked at and how frequently it happend, I could imagine how awesome that would be especially for the partial throttle section of the maps
Old Oct 4, 2007, 02:44 AM
Evolving Member

Excellent work Hamish,
here are my suggestions for evoscan,

1, could you code in an external switch through the Parallel port to stop and start the datalogger, very handy when logging as you wont have to fumble around with the laptop and it will be possible to do the runs safer and without a passenger,

2, is it possible to add the feature when the laptop starts up evoscan will also,
I am working on a dash display unit and car pc that will startup when the car does and I can display all the various parameters I need on the display,

3 to have the ability to run the gauges seperate to the datalogger and have the ability to load the gauge layout automatically when evoscan starts for the same reason above, as evoscan will then be able to act as a fulltime digidash, with the ability to switch on logging at the flick of a switch or push of a button, cool !!!!
these are just small changes and will make a big difference to the uses the evoscan will be put to,
Old Oct 4, 2007, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
- I have the ABS/AYC/ETACS and gforce sensors and other ecus now talking to EvoScan.. I need some help with the electronics side of things for this, I need some people to try it out on there vehicles, msn me... hamish_ahern@hotmail.com

I would love to test out this stuff, as my ABS/ACD is not working currently.

If you want to e-mail me, I am at thomas dot klemann at forceprotection dot net

Last edited by tkklemann; Oct 4, 2007 at 05:05 AM. Reason: I love english muffins.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Any chance of updating all the fault codes ?

I flashed my 7 ecu with the evo8 RA code, and it through up a cel.

Checked it with evoscan, and it said there was no DTC's.

Checked it with scantool, and it told me what the fault codes were.

No big deal, but would be great if you could get the full list in there
Old Oct 4, 2007, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

I've been using the Zeitronix boost logging, it gives strange readings over 25.5 psi

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...8qQAF7dflDLcPQ
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

evo4mad, let us know when v1.1 and v2.0 will be ready so we can send over the extra $10 for the upgrade. Also, I would be happy to help test the new programs to help get them rollin.

Last edited by evo 8 ya; Oct 4, 2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Can't wait for an updated "official" release!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by merkzu
I've been using the Zeitronix boost logging, it gives strange readings over 25.5 psi

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...8qQAF7dflDLcPQ
I notice the same thing with my ZT2 boost logging. Higher than 25.5 boost goes to 256 instead of 25.6

The AFR logging does work well though.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hamish you have email re AYC/ABS - happy to test on JDM IX. I have working stuff/solutions for Pocket PC including knock logging, map switching, and PC stuff for realtime fuel/timing editing all working and happy to share. ROM patches for realtime editing/map switching can be rolled out once there is an xml configurable logger/realtime PC side editor - so far I've done quick and dirty hard coding as I'm not skilled at all this xml stuff. I need to hand over the PC side to someone that can make it fly for the user...

Last edited by jcsbanks; Oct 4, 2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Hamish, first of all thanks for the excellent work on EvoScan so far. I think what you have to do going forward though, is set the future pricing structure on EvoScan and stick to it. When I and others on here bought it intially for $25 i'm pretty sure the wording said that covered all future upgrades. So now to get this $10 "upgrade" seems to go against that initial agreement.

Actually on the site right now it currently says this:

- you will get emailed latest updates released.
So I think you need to uphold that agreement, because if you don't then I know for sure I have to wonder if in future each time an upgrade comes out I have to spend another $10, then $20, then $30 and so on and so forth.

My 20 cents.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 02:11 AM
Former Sponsor

$10 upgrade is for the Map Tracer feature, if you dont want it, dont pay for it.. simple as that.. you will still get the update, just without the Map Tracer feature.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
$10 upgrade is for the Map Tracer feature, if you dont want it, dont pay for it.. simple as that.. you will still get the update, just without the Map Tracer feature.
This sounds fair to me as it is clear that the Map Tracer was a major addition for EvoScan.

However, I still get what the other guy was saying though about how do we know that you are not going to continue to raise prices in the future. Do you plain to charge another upgrade fee if you make another breakthrough feature?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
how do i get mine to connect to my car thats the issue im having
Old Oct 5, 2007, 07:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi Dudical, Power/Torque is there, MapTracer will be there, gps and video addition will not require an upgrade fee, what other major features do I have to add? Realtime Tuning, nah that is the work of too many others, there wouldn't be an upgrade fee for that so yeah, I cant see any further upgrade fees in the foreseeable future.

Quick Reply: *** EvoScan Feedback Required ***