Notices
ECU Flash

Subaru EcuFlash Resources?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2007, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Uhhh, have you looked at their evo base maps man, no way in hell I would run one of those evo maps... WAY too much timing everywhere.

This could be because the sti takes way more timing than the evo so he is just not familiar enough with the evo's timing requirements.
I think he's referring to the suby maps that are available on OSECUROMS.. not the Evo maps.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Subarus have crazy timing to begin with. Timing is also a function of bore size because the flame front has to have time in order to fully burn and hit MBT. SO on a Subaru vs Evo (evo's run FAR LESS TIMING) where its 99.5mm vs 85.5, the subaru will be running in the teens at 18psi on pumpgas, where the Evo is running in the 6-7's from the factory.

I have seen 30* total timing on WRX's (92.5mm) on 16psi at 6500 (or whatever redline is). Remember there are other factors at play. I wouldnt however suggest running a subaru type timing map on an Evo becuase that would spell disaster awfully fast.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Uhhh, have you looked at their evo base maps man, no way in hell I would run one of those evo maps... WAY too much timing everywhere.

This could be because the sti takes way more timing than the evo so he is just not familiar enough with the evo's timing requirements.

The scobbypedia article is good, thats what I have been referring to when flashing wrx and sti's.

Like J.B. mentioned, they do add timing on there own to an extent, they have a base timing map and adder map that represents the max amount of timing that the ecu can add in the absence of knock. I normally derive the base map setting by looking at the shape of the power curve on the dyno, any additional timing I add to the base map, I remove from the adder map and give the car a few pulls while logging to see if it is still adding timing and if so how much, this will give you an idea of what the knock detection routine is seeing. I don't go crazy with the timing on the subbies, mostly fuel and boost.
Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I think he's referring to the suby maps that are available on OSECUROMS.. not the Evo maps.
Yes. I have used one of their WRX maps on a 06 WRX and it gave good gains and was safe.