Notices
ECU Flash

What is wrong with this 04? Datalog Included..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tkklemann
That actually sounds exactly like it, but I believe that if he gets on the gas harder, it only made it do it more.

I actually goa hold of the data logging cable I needed for an LM-1 that I have (After losing it, durr.) so I am wanting to data log it now only with my full compliment of gages & logging stuff now to get a better idea of what is going on with it. After he gets his issues fixed, I should have some really good data logs soon..
In my case, If you tried to give it more gas WHILE it is missing, it's a no go. But if you get on the gas more firmly in the first place (like 70% throttle), it will not miss and runs like a champ.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:53 PM

Our car went lean as well. I'll ask the guy who does most of our tunning exactly how he fixed it. I'm fairly certain that widebands will read inaccurately if running too rich as well. It has to do with unburned fuel evaporating on the sensor. I'll ask the guy and try to get back to you.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrSwa
Our car went lean as well. I'll ask the guy who does most of our tunning exactly how he fixed it. I'm fairly certain that widebands will read inaccurately if running too rich as well. It has to do with unburned fuel evaporating on the sensor. I'll ask the guy and try to get back to you.

That is leading me in the right direction, I believe because his wideband (Wasn't data logging it) would do some really funny things during this "misfire"....
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:09 PM

Wideband O2 sensor reads o2 level, not fuel level in the exhaust stream. When you have a misfire, all that fuel that is unburned is dumped into the exhaust causing your egt level to go down, what most people forget is that all that air that is unburned is also dumped into the exhaust, causing a higher level of O2 in the pipe and the wideband will show a higher number AFR. This can mislead as a lean condition but it is not. Just a spike of higher concentration of unburned o2 during a misfire.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

i've always wondered about that. i knew that with the misfire, unburnt fuel would cause my egt to go down, but i was left scratching when the afr was lean.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by geminibby
i've always wondered about that. i knew that with the misfire, unburnt fuel would cause my egt to go down, but i was left scratching when the afr was lean.

Did you get all of your new hose couplers yet?

I am eager to put my Innovate LM-1 in to get a good wideband log, along with my JDM MAP to really see what the car is doing during all of this...

Get my number from Seneca and give me a call. (Don't want to put my number on here..)
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

I think he's ordered all new plumbing/fmic so new couplers should come with all that. He probably is waiting on that to arrive.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
I think he's ordered all new plumbing/fmic so new couplers should come with all that. He probably is waiting on that to arrive.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by geminibby
Yeah we are waiting on the new plumbing, I was hoping he would get it today so that we could put it on tomorrow, as I have a feeling, as does Dave, that boost leaks are also attributing to this issue...
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

it didnt come in yesterday and i'm not sure if UPS delivers on saturdays. i'm sure it will be in next week which gives us a long weekend to mess with it.