Notices
ECU Flash

Check out this Mivec Map???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your mivec map doesnt look terrible... id go out on a limb and say ive seen better timing maps though for sure lol.... but if it works, whatever. Did you dyno ? what were your numbers ? the fuel map on first glance looks like a slightly modified stock ix fuel map....

In the end, all you can say, if it works, be happy..... if not, PM johnbradley ... he is out that way and can help if the original tuner is unavailable
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cpoevo
Dr. Grey is the best tuner in SoCal and probably all of CA. He has tuned more DSM's and Evo's than most other SoCal tuners. He doesnt just tune street cars he also tunes race cars for shops. He does not work for Road Race he works with Road Race. You have been listening to the amateur tuners and taking their advice over a man that has been tuning for over 10 years. If you have a problem with your tune you should take it up with him first and not post up the tune on an open forumn.
he may very well be but that mivec map is not even close to being any good and that cannot be denied......
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

whats wrong with the mivec map ? its very similar to several i have in my aresenal of mivec maps....
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
whats wrong with the mivec map ? its very similar to several i have in my aresenal of mivec maps....
well I wasn't talking about his revised map thats still in this post but the original one that is now deleted . That map had much much less advance than even the stock map which is fine I guess if you like sluggish maps.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
That MIVEC map was very very odd (the originally posted one). It doesnt work with the stock cam engineering and while it might drop cylinder pressure (preventing knock) its also going to slow spool and decrease total power.

If there is reason behind it I am definitely all ears, but to me it doesnt look to make much sense.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Just like Pd1, I too have fixed two Evo 8s tuned by this tuner. The knock count on both of them was in the double digit. I posted about it in this forum w/o the tuner's name. I know the mivec map you guys are talking about. I am fixing an Evo 9 by this same tuner. The mivec map was not any better than the stock one.

Savior, You contacted me about tuning your car and I told you that with the dp your running that has a cuttout it is too noisy to tune the car on the street. It will attract unwanted attention. You mentioned that you were going with that tuner, but I did not say anything since that will get me banned from SoCalEvo.

I am sorry that you had to waste your money on such a poor tune. Now that you know what Pd1 and I have known for a while, ie, there are no good pro tuners in SoCal, you can tune your own car. It is really not that hard, just follow my write-up either here or on SoCal Evo.

Good luck buddy
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cpoevo
Dr. Grey is the best tuner in SoCal and probably all of CA. He has tuned more DSM's and Evo's than most other SoCal tuners. He doesnt just tune street cars he also tunes race cars for shops. He does not work for Road Race he works with Road Race. You have been listening to the amateur tuners and taking their advice over a man that has been tuning for over 10 years. If you have a problem with your tune you should take it up with him first and not post up the tune on an open forumn.
I strongly disagree. Both PD1 and I have copious data to prove you wrong. Pd1 got banned on SoCal Evo because he spoke out. I do not mention anything about it on SoCal Evo for fear of getting banned as well. I have posted the data in Ecuflash. Take a look and tell me if these two Evos are well tuned.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=looney
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
I strongly disagree. Both PD1 and I have copious data to prove you wrong. Pd1 got banned on SoCal Evo because he spoke out. I do not mention anything about it on SoCal Evo for fear of getting banned as well. I have posted the data in Ecuflash. Take a look and tell me if these two Evos are well tuned.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=looney
dude thats way sad that you can be banned for speaking the truth. Thanks so much for your thread about tuning and John thanks for backing my statement up. I may not know all that is to know about tuning but the little I do know told me that his tune was a waste of money..
Old Oct 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

wish i could of seen the first mivec map....
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Imagine an RS map where the 28.8's are 19.2 and everything else tapers down from there in relative proportion.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the Mivec map that I was given ... And it looks like nothing I have ever seen on this site.

The Mivec maps, Timing maps, graphs, and logs you see that I posted later are maps I'm working on for my car now because after seeing the Mivec Map that I was givin, and comparing it to the other known Mivec maps.. I knew I needed to retune the car.

Naji or JohnBradley, I think im gonna need you guys's help with this... Looking at my logs and graphs.. what should I do...
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
why are you posting the guys maps on here?

Sean
because he tune he what got and paid for was screwed up. although there is the rule about posting tunes and it is a valid rule protecting honest good tunes. the bad tuners need to be exposed for the frauds that they are and if they can come up with a good reason for their crazy tune then they can post otherwise about the misrepresentaion but if they cant let the record and bad reputation stand. the whole concept of basic tuning the evo and how simple it really is leads to people taking advantage of others who know no better and fork over usually $200-$300 expecting a good tune and sometimes it is a bad tune which leads to post like these with people wondering why they paid good money and their tune sucks. I give to good tuners like yourself but the bad tuners need to be exposed so others will be warned. bottom line if you are a legit tuner then no need to worry but if aren't then let the wrath begin..... My 2 cents
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
dude thats way sad that you can be banned for speaking the truth. Thanks so much for your thread about tuning and John thanks for backing my statement up. I may not know all that is to know about tuning but the little I do know told me that his tune was a waste of money..
On the SoCalevo forum that particular tuner is treated like a God becuase he is affiliate with RRE which is a big name vendor of the forum.

I bet that if Savior posts about his poor tune on SoCalevo, the thread would be deleted and he might get banned. He had to post here for help rather than in the local forum.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by savior1974
Naji or JohnBradley, I think im gonna need you guys's help with this... Looking at my logs and graphs.. what should I do...
I really want to help you. I am afraid to tune your car on the streets due to the noise generated from the cutout. I have pretty well set up logging route that I use, but tuning with the cutout open is downright dangerous on the street. I wish there was a private stretch of road where we can do this.

I know this dude tuned you w/o a wideband. Since he does not even carry one in his tuning kit.

The first thing you MUST do is get a wideband. I highly recommend the LM-1.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly what NJ says is true. And I probably would have never known the truth about the tune if I didn't come on this site.

Now I need to get it fixed. And I'm not gonna let some rule stop me from driving around on a efficient car, especially seeing I paid 300 for a tune from a tuner I trusted.

Quick Reply: Check out this Mivec Map???