Notices
ECU Flash

Check out this Mivec Map???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are there no dyno's around you guys ? i have a shop up the road that lets me tune on their dyno. I have a set fee to pay them for the dyno use, in the beginning, they ran the dyno strapped the cars down and all i did was tune. Now, i pull in, tell them what i got and need to do, i strap it down, i run the i tune, i take as long as i need or want to play with the car, in the end, they get their fee, the customer is thrilled and everyone is happy..... I realize this is an uncommon relationship from a shop, but as many traveling tuners we have on these boards, they use a lot of different dynos.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O/T

Hey Savior, How much do you like your QTP cutout DP? I was thinking of getting one.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:34 PM

savior, me and Nj been talking about you. pls believe what Nj is saying. i've experienced the same thing as you and it took Nj a while to clean up the tune. although i have an 8, the experience is the same, time and money wasted. let socal evo knows and dont be afraid to get banned. EVOM is way better anyways.
why not do this....
shut the cutout and use a test pipe instead. it wont be the same as the straight pipe but, it will be close enough without attracting too much attention. unless, you can come up with a location long enough to do a 3rd or 4th gear pull, i think this is a viable option. hope to see you sometime.
good luck
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

I am having simliar problem here with a tuner but its a shop that has pretty good rep.

on 30 PSI, alky, tbe, intake, o2 housing, and manifold i only put down 326whp, and the week before on 25psi no alky or manifold i did 300whp. and they told me that thats all they can get out of the car, so they said buy a fuel pump and plugs and we will get someone else in the shop to retune it.

i said are you doing it for free, and they won't but i can't afford to go anywhere else and i don't have a lap top or plug to do a mail in flash so i'm kinda f'ed on the whole thing.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait a minute, there is someone tunign these cars without a wideband and charging a tuning fee?

Sean
Old Oct 27, 2007, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Where are you in MD, there are a lot of great tuners in the area. I am sure someone on the board would loan you a laptop and tactrix cable if you want to do it yourself. PM me I have a laptop but do not have the cable yet.

Originally Posted by 06EVOIX SE
I am having simliar problem here with a tuner but its a shop that has pretty good rep.

on 30 PSI, alky, tbe, intake, o2 housing, and manifold i only put down 326whp, and the week before on 25psi no alky or manifold i did 300whp. and they told me that thats all they can get out of the car, so they said buy a fuel pump and plugs and we will get someone else in the shop to retune it.

i said are you doing it for free, and they won't but i can't afford to go anywhere else and i don't have a lap top or plug to do a mail in flash so i'm kinda f'ed on the whole thing.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
Wait a minute, there is someone tunign these cars without a wideband and charging a tuning fee?

Sean
Yes. He uses a narrowband to tune the Evo.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

lol.... narrowbands are cool.... its like disney on ice with lights
Old Oct 27, 2007, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05WhiteEVO8
Where are you in MD, there are a lot of great tuners in the area. I am sure someone on the board would loan you a laptop and tactrix cable if you want to do it yourself. PM me I have a laptop but do not have the cable yet.
i live in laurel, and put it this way i went to the shop that is really close to ft. meade, i'm sure you know who i am talking about, and ISP wants $450 and AMS wants $350
Old Oct 27, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06EVOIX SE
i live in laurel, and put it this way i went to the shop that is really close to ft. meade, i'm sure you know who i am talking about, and ISP wants $450 and AMS wants $350
that is normal.... everyone major tuner in the country charges about that.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

thats why i went to the other shop they only charged $225 but i have to pay another $225 now to get it fixed.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
You might talk to Kreionic, he is one of my east coast guys and knows his stuff. Jason does as well but he is in NC so thats not much help.

BTW- what type of dyno is this?

I apologise for going off topic in this thread.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by azul gsr
savior, me and Nj been talking about you. pls believe what Nj is saying. i've experienced the same thing as you and it took Nj a while to clean up the tune. although i have an 8, the experience is the same, time and money wasted. let socal evo knows and dont be afraid to get banned. EVOM is way better anyways.
why not do this....
shut the cutout and use a test pipe instead. it wont be the same as the straight pipe but, it will be close enough without attracting too much attention. unless, you can come up with a location long enough to do a 3rd or 4th gear pull, i think this is a viable option. hope to see you sometime.
good luck
Yeah I believe what you guys are saying man, and I would be willing to drive all the way out there just for you guys to even take a look at my car. Only thing I'm worried about is the fact that if I go and let NJ fix it (which I know he could) Then when I go to track the car, I wont be able to run it with the down pipe open, because It spikes higher boost on open downpipe. On the other side of the cutout, I'm still connected to my stock cat and exhaust.... so there's like no point in trying to tune it with it closed...

And I thought I was smart and stealthy getting the cutout.... seems like I screwed myself over...

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
Wait a minute, there is someone tuning these cars without a wideband and charging a tuning fee?

Sean
Yes.... I paid 300 dollars... for a non wideband tune....
Old Oct 27, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

my recommendation is to get the tune fixed by NJ... sell your cutout if you have to or do some searching for a secluded place to make a few pulls. You dont need a whole lot of room for a 4th gear pull, maybe a 1/2 mile of flat straight away to accelerate and slow down.

For the guy in maryland... like JB said, get with kreionic. Im sure he'd be happy to work with you.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by savior1974
Yes.... I paid 300 dollars... for a non wideband tune....
wow.

I guess you live and learn.

Quick Reply: Check out this Mivec Map???