Notices
ECU Flash

Check out this Mivec Map???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I know a place where I can get the pulls done... Its the same place where I was "attempting" to fix the Maps I was givin. I've done about 30 pulls with the DP open in that area.... but the bad part about it, is its actually near my home... so I dont know how that would work.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
seems like they are more than willing to help you... throw them some cash and maybe some lunch or a couple beers and seems like to me your car will be fixed
Old Oct 27, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Kevin (06EVOIX SE), I tried calling you man. Give me a call back. I will gladly help you out man
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
Kevin (06EVOIX SE), I tried calling you man. Give me a call back. I will gladly help you out man

did your number change you went MIA for awhile.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 03:43 PM

hey just to ask. when did u get the car tuned by the guy who messed up ur car? dont mention names (although everyone else did). but just would like to know more.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:04 PM

I got the car tuned by the Pro Tuner about 3-4 weeks ago. And I did notice a small inprovement ing the car... Just honestly not what I was expecting...

Then I Just happened to read the thread asking if you actually check you maps after you get pro tuned... So I thought that may I should. Then when I did check it, I noticed that the Mivec Maps looked a little funny. I've been curious about tuning the Mivec Maps way before I was actually modified so I was pretty knowledgeble about what everyone else was doing... And this looked like totally opposite.

I want to try and contact the Pro tuner that did this and talk to him about this because I paid 300 for these tunes. But he's out of town....
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by savior1974
I want to try and contact the Pro tuner that did this and talk to him about this because I paid 300 for these tunes. But he's out of town....
Did you log the car with his tune and see if you have knock? I would suggest doing that before talking to him. This way you have some hard data to back up what you say. As for the mivec map, he will probably tell you that his is better than the JDM RS mivec map and all the other maps in Ecuflash forum
Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
Wait a minute, there is someone tuning these cars without a wideband and charging a tuning fee?

Sean
This person tunes with a NB on the street (unless you have a WB on the car).

Supposedly this tuner is very good, but you really can't mention the Emperor's clothes or have an honest debate on SoCalEvo. Hell, ECU boost control causes a big ruckus over there. I just try to keep my head down.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
. As for the mivec map, he will probably tell you that his is better than the JDM RS mivec map and all the other maps in Ecuflash forum
He is a moron
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
He is a moron
Who?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

i think he is referring to whoever tuned the car
Old Oct 30, 2007, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
If I may make a request and we keep the name calling to a minimum. One thing that everyone needs to keep in mind that isnt really aware of DSM tuning is the knock sensor on a 1G does not work the same as an Evo. You tune them for 10-15 counts of knock and make awesome power.

WAY BACK IN THE DAY-

There was a guy that ran 11's on a 14b and 450's tuning for mid 30's in the knock. Disregard the fact that he had aluminum icicles coming off the motor for a second and think about what that means. If you arent aware of how small a 14B is I suggest you go look at one. By the way it was not Scott Grey.

Fast forward to last year when everyone started experimenting with MIVEC. There were as many opinions on what the numbers in the map meant as there were numbers. Is it cam degrees, is it crank degrees, is it pulse width modulated, is it voltage, do the numbers stand for something else like a step, if so how many steps to the degree?

Not everyone here might remember the conversation that Ted B and I had going, where we were both stating facts, yet the facts didnt have 100% conclusive evidence at that time. In the end it all got figured out and for the most part everyone agrees on what things mean and what things do as far as MIVEC goes.

cliffs-Diehard DSMers do things differently than Diehard Evo guys. It doesnt make them less smart.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley

cliffs-Diehard DSMers do things differently than Diehard Evo guys. It doesnt make them less smart.
Or some Diehard DSMers figured out and understand the whole knock thing on a evo is much different than on a DSM and tune appropriately instead of staying in the old ways...

Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
If I may make a request and we keep the name calling to a minimum. One thing that everyone needs to keep in mind that isnt really aware of DSM tuning is the knock sensor on a 1G does not work the same as an Evo. You tune them for 10-15 counts of knock and make awesome power.
That makes sense. This particular tuner was quoted by a SoCalevo forum member saying that 0-20 counts of knock is safe. When Bryan jumped in and said that it was not safe, The post got edited and removed from the thread so as not to embarass Scott Gray. Then Scott Gray came into the thread saying how you should tune for zero knock. In essence he did a 180 and was agreeing with Bryan.

So this particular tuner is really stuck in the old DSM ways. He tunes with a narrowband and believes that 0-20 counts of knock is safe.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Or some Diehard DSMers figured out and understand the whole knock thing on a evo is much different than on a DSM and tune appropriately instead of staying in the old ways...

Quick Reply: Check out this Mivec Map???