Notices
ECU Flash

Does disconnecting battery effect boost immediately after?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does disconnecting battery effect boost immediately after?

Sorry to start another thread with this issue, but figured maybe the guys who know the ecu related side of things can help me with a question here. I installed an Injen intake kit with the IC piping as well, and I disconnected the battery. When I gave it a run today, I can only hit a max of 14psi at any time, any load, any gear. There are no cel's, no codes (even checked them with the tool from MalibuJack's website through my Tactrix cable), nothing to give me any ideas here. Previously I had removed the restrictor pill at the BCS side and was going to reflash today to play with my wgdc's, but until this issue it cleared up, I don't want to touch it. I put the pill back in just in case, but still no change. Any ideas?

Also no boost leaks either, it's been mentioned to me before and I checked and re- tightened everything.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no it shouldn't, It will reset your fuel trims. Just drive around for awhile and let it warm up and see if it will boost. if it wont and your sure there are no leaks, obviously you screwed up your maf or something, dunno
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
no it shouldn't, It will reset your fuel trims. Just drive around for awhile and let it warm up and see if it will boost. if it wont and your sure there are no leaks, obviously you screwed up your maf or something, dunno
It does boost, just not to stock levels. Early this morning when I left for work I blew the coupler off between the 2 upper pipes, and the only way I could limp it home was to disconnect the maf. I replaced the coupler with a much better one and reset the ecu again to clear the maf code, but still only 14psi and I've been driving it around all day trying to see if it'll go up.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
disconnect the battery longer, I betcha it was not completely reset because when you blew off your coupler, the ECU will not try to boost high.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14psi, sounds like you are boosting WG pressure (depending on what your boost gauge reads). Recheck all of your lines to see if anything didn't pop off, or may be connected wrong.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Air is getting to the WGA = 14psi
Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
Air is getting to the WGA = 14psi
Yeah, that's pretty much what was happening. I just fixed it...the return nipple into the intake pipe was clogged shut, so when the BCS opened the air had no where to go. I drilled it out and reconnected everything, runs like a champ again...thanks for the help guys!