Notices
ECU Flash

Let's see your fully tuned timing maps

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
I'll post a log in my trouble thread below still knocking occasionally low throttle
How low of load?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
60-70-80-90-100 usually above 2500 rpm but I've been able to induce it as low as 2500 likely because the stock knock thresholds drop to 60 load at 2500.

If I didn't have to drop 750$ at my lawyers office I'd make a set of det cans today! Haha. Sigh 156 mph speeding ticket

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Aug 17, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Live4Redline
Maybe not the best place to ask but my thread is in a dark corner and not getting any love so figured I'd ask the timing guys.

Have a 4G94 NA Lancer with bolt ons getting tuned after a new maf and TB. What else other then timing can cause the issue in the picture below? It happens every time at full throttle 4k rpm. Been trying to scale the maf and get the tune done but this hiccup is making it hard. Any thoughts? Since this, ive doubled the timing and see no changes in the log. Not sure what else to try other then keep adding timing till I see a change or pop a motor.

David Im not sure if you remember or not but thats the exact same problem you had with your turbo OZ rally there was a thread in the lancer forum check my old thread when I posted about my yellow car that explains it abit. I honestly would just flash the car with an evo map and take the time to convert everything.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
anybody just have evoscan start logging slow as s h i t? like a 3rd gear pull shows like 4 rows of data. never had any issues with it at all untill just tonight...
Not sure if the new version is what caused this....but 3 weeks ago I installed it. Then started have serious log rate issues like you describe. But I was also having random PC issues that started at the same time that made me think I had a virus and couldnt fix it with updates/scanning. So I reformatted, put the newest version of evoscan on it and its been fine ever since..

211ratsbud, 156mph speed ticket!?! Id be dropping money off at the lawyer's office too! lol I take it you are enjoying the setup regardless of the slight tuning issues youre having.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

60-70-80-90-100 usually above 2500 rpm but I've been able to induce it as low as 2500 likely because the stock knock thresholds drop to 60 load at 2500.

If I didn't have to drop 750$ at my lawyers office I'd make a set of det cans today! Haha. Sigh 156 mph speeding ticket
You dont really need to have your knock threshold lower than 100 unless you are getting 10+ counts of knock
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by charlie.tunah
Not sure if the new version is what caused this....but 3 weeks ago I installed it. Then started have serious log rate issues like you describe. But I was also having random PC issues that started at the same time that made me think I had a virus and couldnt fix it with updates/scanning. So I reformatted, put the newest version of evoscan on it and its been fine ever since..
i didnt update to the new one (unless it auto updated and i had no idea?). ive always had great resolution, havent even turned the computer turned on it like 2 months. did a fresh install of 2.8, ill see if it works today...i friggin hate windows. sorry for the off topic.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm actually dealing with a very similar issue and I'm 95% sure its false knock because I get some slight counts of knock almost every time I hit 60-70 load between 3000-3500. I keep meaning to play around with the knock threashold limits like chetrickerman said but I just haven't had time lately... Guess that's what happens when you're a new dad
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^congrats. 5 weeks till due date for me, which means about a week to get my tune squared away! (among many other chores...)

You guys are making me wonder whether I should activate the knock light lower than 100 load...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Knock light under 100 load is a curse lol
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by charlie.tunah
^^congrats. 5 weeks till due date for me, which means about a week to get my tune squared away! (among many other chores...)

You guys are making me wonder whether I should activate the knock light lower than 100 load...
Congrats man!! Yeah, you better get everything done now cuz once that kid gets here.. forget it Seriously though as much as I miss playing with the Evo, being a Dad is even better

Knock light under 100 load is a curse lol
You got that right!! I should just turn the stupid thing off! Ignorance is bliss
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZanarkO
***** Im not sure if you remember or not but thats the exact same problem you had with your turbo OZ rally there was a thread in the lancer forum check my old thread when I posted about my yellow car that explains it abit. I honestly would just flash the car with an evo map and take the time to convert everything.
Ya, its the Turbo Lancer all over again... the more **** I changed the more it got out of wack. I was running tephra and ran into issues so went back to a stock rom to simplify the whole deal. I may try tephra again now that my idle issues are fixed. I just cant figure out what would cause this hickup. Evoscan showing me an incorrect load was the issue on the turbo car and could very well be the issue here. But if i put 18 degree's of timing in the problem cell i see the car car hitting the 18 degrees of timing where i told it too hit it. Which makes me think that the load points where i'm entering the data are correct.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by nightwalker
A write up directed to the guys in this thread:
http://evoempire.org/community/index...yang-articles/
Thanks for the link! That was the best tuning write up I have ever read. I've been tuning for a few years and I always wondered why we did 3rd gear pulls and smoothed from there. I rarely do 3rd gear pulls so why tune for that.

I tuned the way the article suggested and my car has NEVER felt so good!!! Also, I have absolutely no knock. NONE!!! Thanks again!!!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 10isace
Thanks for the link! That was the best tuning write up I have ever read. I've been tuning for a few years and I always wondered why we did 3rd gear pulls and smoothed from there. I rarely do 3rd gear pulls so why tune for that.

I tuned the way the article suggested and my car has NEVER felt so good!!! Also, I have absolutely no knock. NONE!!! Thanks again!!!
It was a good article, thanks for reposting! I've actually thought about tuning that way a lot but haven't gotten to try it out yet. The thing that got me thinking about it is that I always tune my car so that there is absolutely no knock but then when I'm at the track I always get a little bit of knock towards the end of 3rd and usually in 4th as well. I've even done 4th gear pulls that were knock free and still had it knock at the track. I guess I need to pay a little more attention to my logs from the track and start tuning off of them.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 10isace

I'm glad it helped you. I find that I can run more boost tuning PCYang's way, and my car is faster.

Amazing how a little strategy change can make all the difference.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
It was a good article, thanks for reposting! I've actually thought about tuning that way a lot but haven't gotten to try it out yet. The thing that got me thinking about it is that I always tune my car so that there is absolutely no knock but then when I'm at the track I always get a little bit of knock towards the end of 3rd and usually in 4th as well. I've even done 4th gear pulls that were knock free and still had it knock at the track. I guess I need to pay a little more attention to my logs from the track and start tuning off of them.
The track is much more stressful than a 3rd gear pull, or 2nd through 4th pull (if your not talking about a drag track) so you need to reduce the timing and boost by a tiny bit to give your car a little margin of error.

Now if your on E85 its not really necessary.

IMO, its important to tune with 3rd gear pulls AND the 2nd through 4th gear pulls so that all bases are covered.

A good tune takes time, but you are getting paid. So you should do your best work even if it takes a bit longer to do.

That's once reason the "major" tuner in my area hasn't been doing so good since I started tuning

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps